2025 Headliners

As next year is the 30th Anniversary of one of the most legendary Glastos ever, I'd be great to see a nod to that.  Certainly Pulp headlining the Pyramid would be the most obvious (and feasible) choice!  Other acts that played that year, and are still touring, include Ash, Shed Seven (currently in talks for next year), Reef, Charlatans, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Sleeper, Dodgy, Skunk Anansie, Weezer, Boo Radleys, Supegrass... could be spread across Other, Park, Woodies and Avalon.

Then you'd just need to reunite Oasis... and even more unlikely... Elastica!  Would LOVE an Elastica reunion, never got to see them live.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CR77 said:

As next year is the 30th Anniversary of one of the most legendary Glastos ever, I'd be great to see a nod to that.  Certainly Pulp headlining the Pyramid would be the most obvious (and feasible) choice!  Other acts that played that year, and are still touring, include Ash, Shed Seven (currently in talks for next year), Reef, Charlatans, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Sleeper, Dodgy, Skunk Anansie, Weezer, Boo Radleys, Supegrass... could be spread across Other, Park, Woodies and Avalon.

Then you'd just need to reunite Oasis... and even more unlikely... Elastica!  Would LOVE an Elastica reunion, never got to see them live.

My first Glastonbury and the line up will never be beaten. Every band who were popular or breaking through were there. Red hot and we only went between the main and NME stages as there was so many bands on. Didn't return until 2014 and been every one since including this year.

Edited by wozwebs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He is, but by next year he'll have down European stadium tours for three consecutive summers. Given prices I think he's probably shaken down the market as much as he can for the time being.

But the Prague date coming indicates something happening and rescheduled dates, maybe a few more shows in countries he's not been to in a while - plus a number of festivals wouldn't be too outlandish.

Yeah, it's a weird one. Given last year's shows were an instant sellout, and this year's were a hefty price not-quite-sellout across the board, I think if next year is a repeat mega stadium tour with the same set it won't sell as well. I could see him switching it up next year, doing the big G and another festival or two. Crack a different market.

But that's me being optimistic - it's all speculation at this point!

39 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

To whom it may concern - Kangaroo Moon

Glastonbury Festival 

Wednesday,  Small World, eve

Thursday, Tadpole 9.30pm

Friday - Bandstand 9.10pm

Highly recommend people get along and see them... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Have Muse ever actually played Hyde Park in London?

Not to my knowledge. I believe it was considered when they were booking their first Wembley Stadium shows in 2007 but they chose the "open the new shiny stadium" idea instead. One that went quite well, clearly.

Last week an organiser of Pinkpop said Muse were meant to play there this year and had other shows planned but pulled out a few month months before the announcement. So I suspect there might be scope to do their 2024 plans in 2025, this time backed up with new music. But who knows. Again though, I don't think they'll do Glastonbury. Reading might be an option if Foos aren't playing it next year, but it was a case of pondering if not El Pointo, and not IOW again, then why not a first time at HP?

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Yeah, it's a weird one. Given last year's shows were an instant sellout, and this year's were a hefty price not-quite-sellout across the board, I think if next year is a repeat mega stadium tour with the same set it won't sell as well. I could see him switching it up next year, doing the big G and another festival or two. Crack a different market.

At the very least it's guaranteed other European shows will be booked for Bruce and the gang for 2025. It then becomes a question of where or what venue size.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

Not to my knowledge. I believe it was considered when they were booking their first Wembley Stadium shows in 2007 but they chose the "open the new shiny stadium" idea instead. One that went quite well, clearly.

Thought they hadn't. Thank you.

On 6/3/2024 at 2:29 PM, northernangel said:

£70 for The National just sounds barmy! And no you are right it's madness.

Or to give another example, Avril Lavigne's show in Bedford is £77 a ticket. Much as I like Sk8r Boi or Complicated, I don't think them that much.

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Thought they hadn't. Thank you.

Done most of the rest of the biggies in London tbf - Wembley, Emirates, Olympic Stadium and about a dozen shows across 5 tours at the O2. Hence pondering if they might be in a "side-quest" era where Muse just play things they've either not done before or not played in over 10 years.

But again, I've said it a lot - if Muse do Glastonbury 2025, even as a super-fan, I would be extremely surprised.

I think Olivia Rodrigo will be one headliner. Springsteen wasn't one of my first choices until his rescheduling of shows to 2025, so with those now confirmed I'm curious if he might do it as a "one for the (thunder) road" type deal. But we'll see.

Edited by charlierc

22 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Let's just get through Glastonbury 2024 first. It might come across like we now want dessert immediately without touching the main course.

... although granted I'm finding this year's Pyramid of little interest, so maybe that's just eagerness on my part.

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Or to give another example, Avril Lavigne's show in Bedford is £77 a ticket. Much as I like Sk8r Boi or Complicated, I don't think them that much.

It is £68 but I get your point. Glastonbury weekend so not possible anyway but it's close enough for me to have gone.

25 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It is £68 but I get your point. Glastonbury weekend so not possible anyway but it's close enough for me to have gone.

With fees added, I mean. Same math behind the figure quoted for The National.

Revised dates for Bruce in Milan are 30 June and 3 July next year, so the only day he'd potentially be available would be the Friday, and I can see them allowing longer gaps between shows for travelling that this year.