2025 Headliners

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Revised dates for Bruce in Milan are 30 June and 3 July next year, so the only day he'd potentially be available would be the Friday, and I can see them allowing longer gaps between shows for travelling that this year. 

f**king f**king f**k

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Revised dates for Bruce in Milan are 30 June and 3 July next year, so the only day he'd potentially be available would be the Friday, and I can see them allowing longer gaps between shows for travelling that this year. 

Yes. That's him near enough ruled out.

They're even leaving a couple empty days between shows in the same city, so it's very unlikely they play with a travel day added.

30 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I don’t think he will do it again but I’d be interested to see where and when the last show before Glastonbury is. If it’s one of the rumoured Hampden or Anfield gigs….

I don’t think he will do it again but I’d be interested to see where and when the last show before Glastonbury is. If it’s one of the rumoured Hampden or Anfield gigs….

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Didn’t somebody ask Steve about Anfield this year and he said they couldn’t make it work (presumably because of Swift hogging all the dates)? So would make sense that they delayed it a year. Fingers crossed, I’d be all over that, especially with him ruled out of Glastonbury now.

Fred Again has just announced his first stadium gig (in LA). 

Not sure if he has a new album out anytime soon, he seems to be enjoying dropping singles sporadically.

But he’s got to be in the frame if he carries on touring into next year. 

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Not sure if he has a new album out anytime soon, he seems to be enjoying dropping singles sporadically.

Yep.  Show will be in the round 360. So 80,000 people. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yep.  Show will be in the round 360. So 80,000 people. 

5 days notice? That's pretty quickfire to try and offload that many tickets.

... unless I'm underestimating the demand and all the tickets disappear that quickly.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

... unless I'm underestimating the demand and all the tickets disappear that quickly.

That is an insane turnaround for 80k tickets!  I guess that with Fred Again  it is likely that the average audience member doesn't need to arrange baby sitters and LA is probably a big enough market that you can shift the tickets in but yeah that seems a lot in 5 days.

8 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

That is an insane turnaround for 80k tickets!  I guess that with Fred Again  it is likely that the average audience member doesn't need to arrange baby sitters and LA is probably a big enough market that you can shift the tickets in but yeah that seems a lot in 5 days.

Tbf I still imagine it'll sell well even with such short notice. But it is unusual to see a huge stadium show have this little turnaround.

Maybe Taylor Swift could sell out a stadium that size that quickly.

23 hours ago, nikkic said:

I came in this thread to say my money would be going on him at the moment for one of the headline slots

Can definitely see it happening

On 6/9/2024 at 1:38 PM, charlierc said:

Sale went pretty good today. Theyre at over 50k sold so far. I mean last week he did 4 shows in the bay area and sold them all out. 3 at an 8k cap venue and then 20,000 woth skrillex. So thats almost 50k between them all. Most likely they had to keep doing this because of Bonnaroo and his only fest exclusive. So Edc he was a surprise act. And now 5 california gigs all last minute annluncements. But if they sell well, then why change it. Theres more north american dates coming too. So this isnt going to change.

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sale went pretty good today. Theyre at over 50k sold so far.

Decent start tbf. Certainly guarantees he won't be playing to only 20 people because everyone else forgot to arrange babysitters, had other commitments, were out the country, etc.

My total suggestion for them to book:

Olivia Rodrigo....even though I don't think her voice has sounded great at times this tour.

Eminem...rags as usual say they want him and it would be massive even though his best is long long gone, he's still better than the rest.

Fred Again.....for the first dj orientated act to headline since The Chemical Brothers. I actually think he'll have 2025 off and returns in 2026/27 as he's been pretty consistent from 2020 to this year.

I'm still at Olivia, Dave and Fender

12 minutes ago, northernangel said:

My total suggestion for them to book:

Olivia Rodrigo....even though I don't think her voice has sounded great at times this tour.

Eminem...rags as usual say they want him and it would be massive even though his best is long long gone, he's still better than the rest.

Fred Again.....for the first dj orientated act to headline since The Chemical Brothers. I actually think he'll have 2025 off and returns in 2026/27 as he's been pretty consistent from 2020 to this year.

I'm still at Olivia, Dave and Fender

i looked at spotify's top 10 artists earlier and was surprised to find eminem in it, thought he peaked long ago

4 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

i looked at spotify's top 10 artists earlier and was surprised to find eminem in it, thought he peaked long ago

Not too surprising for me. His older stuff pulls in really big numbers and Houdini has been a massive hit, hitting #1 in the UK.  

On 6/6/2024 at 1:51 PM, FloopFiller said:

Didn’t somebody ask Steve about Anfield this year and he said they couldn’t make it work (presumably because of Swift hogging all the dates)? So would make sense that they delayed it a year. Fingers crossed, I’d be all over that, especially with him ruled out of Glastonbury now.

I don't think he is ruled out at all? I'm with @MEGABOWL on this. My group think he's definitely in with a shout and one of them is a Bruce savant and a pessimist/realist.

9 hours ago, Superscally said:

I don't think he is ruled out at all? I'm with @MEGABOWL on this. My group think he's definitely in with a shout and one of them is a Bruce savant and a pessimist/realist.

For Bruce at Glastonbury?

It's one of those where at first glance and without context he appears to be free, but when you consider how carefully spaced out the tour dates are these days then it becomes clear there's no chance.

Even where they're playing multiple nights at the same venue, they're leaving at least one and increasingly two nights off between the shows. Where there's extensive travel (ie flights needed), then the gap tends to be longer.

So the Monday show in Milan definitely rules him out of the Sunday and almost certainly rules him out of the Saturday. Friday Night is less clear cut, but it does indicate that currently Glastonbury is very much not in the plans - in short, if he was lined up to play, then they probably wouldn't have put the Milan show on that particular date.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

For Bruce at Glastonbury?

It's one of those where at first glance and without context he appears to be free, but when you consider how carefully spaced out the tour dates are these days then it becomes clear there's no chance.

Even where they're playing multiple nights at the same venue, they're leaving at least one and increasingly two nights off between the shows. Where there's extensive travel (ie flights needed), then the gap tends to be longer.

So the Monday show in Milan definitely rules him out of the Sunday and almost certainly rules him out of the Saturday. Friday Night is less clear cut, but it does indicate that currently Glastonbury is very much not in the plans - in short, if he was lined up to play, then they probably wouldn't have put the Milan show on that particular date.

I wouldn't give Bruce any chance of playing the Friday, he's definitely going to be either prime time Saturday night or closing. It fits very well in that this is a money tour for him.