2025 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Eminem 

not going to happen, he wasn't considered suitable 20 years ago, i can't see whats changed?

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Is there not some thing that Eminem won't do gigs that are televised, I pretty much think this rules him out indefinitely.

if he did glasto he wouldn't have to be televised.

5 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Is there not some thing that Eminem won't do gigs that are televised, I pretty much think this rules him out indefinitely.

He literally let himself be shown the other day for an event in detroit. It aint that.

10 hours ago, r_t202 said:

fred again, sam fender, raye

That would be the easiest to not even even get prepared for it, let alone press F5. 

7 hours ago, Neil said:

not going to happen, he wasn't considered suitable 20 years ago, i can't see whats changed?

They booked Kanye West to headline

7 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah I think he would have to accept a little live footage as even Rolling Stones did that and I can't see Eminem getting more rights that them. That being said, Emily is all about diversity bookings now and it's all changed since 2013....not for the better wither sadly.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

That would be the easiest to not even even get prepared for it, let alone press F5. 

They booked Kanye West to headline

Yeah I think he would have to accept a little live footage as even Rolling Stones did that and I can't see Eminem getting more rights that them. That being said, Emily is all about diversity bookings now and it's all changed since 2013....not for the better wither sadly.

People complaining about diversity of headliners in a year where Coldplay headline get a down vote sorry and that's all I'll say about that! 

38 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

People complaining about diversity of headliners in a year where Coldplay headline get a down vote sorry and that's all I'll say about that! 

I couldn't give a sh*t about your downvotes pal. But if you're going to be that petty, read up on the difference between diversity and suitability and you might realise that the amount of times someone's been booked has nothing to do with it.

Overall, very awful reaction, opinion and view from you.

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Emily liked Fred’s post about his coliseum show. I’ve been staunchly anti-Fred headlining in the past, but we all know how this works with Emily’s instagram likes now. Lock him in for Friday next year…

I think it will good to get a dance headliner in there it's been absolutely years.  Personally think hes s a bit over hyped but definitely popular enough right now to headline. 

Unlike rock/pop acts that tend to maintain a legacy long after there heyday and could get picked as a headliner years later not sure dance acts get the same privilege. So I guess it might be good to strike while the irons hot. 

I would probably agree with this being locked in for next year.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Could definitely see Fender joining them two. Something for everyone but it will get murdered as a trio.

No way they’re gonna have three headliners who all have less than a decade under their belts. If it does turn out to be Fred and ORod then the third has got to be somebody more heritage, even if they only go back as far as the 90s or even early 00s.

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

He literally let himself be shown the other day for an event in detroit. It aint that.

An about turn given he was the only one of Reading's 2013 and 2017 headliners to refuse permission for his sets to be televised.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fred, Liv and someone a bit more long in the tooth. In the absence of the Boss not sure who that would be though.

I feel like Springsteen on 27th June can't be 100% ruled out.

At least until a show elsewhere in Europe is announced for the 26th, then it absolutely can be.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I feel like Springsteen on 27th June can't be 100% ruled out.

At least until a show elsewhere in Europe is announced for the 26th, then it absolutely can be.

Feel like he would’ve worked his rescheduled dates out differently if he was already booked for the festival. Just doesn’t make sense that he’d be booked for the Friday in the first place or that he’d book it all so tight like that. He’s out in my eyes, but I guess we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Feel like he would’ve worked his rescheduled dates out differently if he was already booked for the festival. Just doesn’t make sense that he’d be booked for the Friday in the first place or that he’d book it all so tight like that. He’s out in my eyes, but I guess we’ll see.

I think that's the only date he can do. Whether he would is another question, as I've seen suggested elsewhere.

Imo chances are not zero, but I wouldn't be surprised if others are much further ahead in the queue.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reckon Shakey is due back in Europe at some point. Dunno if there are any rumours of pending dates. Crazy Horse would be a huge d@b up.

Can’t see him being in current Glastonbury HQs radar as a headliner tbh. Feel like he was kinda on the weaker side in 09 and hasn’t exactly gotten bigger since. Just want him to come over this way at all at this point. One of the few big box tickers I’ve got left. 

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The choice of headliners gets slagged off every year tbf. 

Oh I know it does but I would see that coming heavily with its not reading festival and such like

14 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

No way they’re gonna have three headliners who all have less than a decade under their belts. If it does turn out to be Fred and ORod then the third has got to be somebody more heritage, even if they only go back as far as the 90s or even early 00s.

It would be a ballsy move. With someone who sells what Fred and Olivia do and Fender isn't a poor seller then why not. It doesn't do loads for me but they aren't booking solely for me. To be honest there isn't probably many more headliners they can get that I haven't either seen or still want to see.

14 minutes ago, charlierc said:

An about turn given he was the only one of Reading's 2013 and 2017 headliners to refuse permission for his sets to be televised.

To be honest he's not going to be far away from giving it up so he might as well show his face on TV at the end lol. With where the fest is going, Fred, Olivia and Eminem wouldn't be a shock trio