2025 Headliners

Would have to imagine Emily will be on the phone to Sabrina Carpenter to enquire about her 2025 plans following her recent insane spike in popularity.

Not as a headliner obviously but her playing the Pyramid the same day as O-Rod would be amusing

Edited by JonSnow

59 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

I agree that all of these could headline, except for Raye. That seems a big stretch for where she is at the minute. Raye is classic Pyramid daytime fodder 

Nah, she was last year but I think her stock has gone up quite a bit since then. The Brits haul would've massively raised her profile in the general public for starters. I don't see her for 25 but they must be viewing her as a serious headline option for 27 and beyond.

1 hour ago, AtomsForPizza said:

I agree that all of these could headline, except for Raye. That seems a big stretch for where she is at the minute. Raye is classic Pyramid daytime fodder 

Remember when Stormzy was seen as a miss when booked? There isnt another  female british artist thats got the potential right now. Little Simz didnt get that push. Raye seems on the path after sweeping the Brits and working on a new album. 

2 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Ref Raye - I notice that during the BBC Dua Lipa interview this week she said she was booked for this year's headlining in November 2022!

It’ll be interesting to see how Raye’s momentum holds up.

Her new single only reached #22 before falling. Although it is 7-minutes long, there’s a shorter version being pushed on radio and streaming platforms.

According to her, she’s not even begun writing her second album, so I wonder if she’ll be leaving it too long? It’s already been a year and a half since Album 1. 

5 hours ago, airwaves said:

Ref Raye - I notice that during the BBC Dua Lipa interview this week she said she was booked for this year's headlining in November 2022!

Then maybe 2026 for Raye. If em is hinting that hard at what she wants then she is moving pieces around to get it done. 

others to throw in there

Ariana

Paramore

Wolf Alice

Sade

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Then maybe 2026 for Raye. If em is hinting that hard at what she wants then she is moving pieces around to get it done. 

others to throw in there

Ariana

Paramore

Wolf Alice

Sade

Paramore are touring as a support act at the moment. Haven’t made a banger since 2009 & in the 2010 festival tour they were 4rd down at the mainstage on e.g. Rock Werchter festival. Can’t see how they can be considered a headliner. Same for Wolf Alice. Ariana or Sade (legend spot?) would be nice tho!

58 minutes ago, RutgerGM said:

Paramore are touring as a support act at the moment. Haven’t made a banger since 2009 & in the 2010 festival tour they were 4rd down at the mainstage on e.g. Rock Werchter festival. Can’t see how they can be considered a headliner. Same for Wolf Alice. Ariana or Sade (legend spot?) would be nice tho!

Whilst Paramore shouldnt be in the talk for headliner their latest album is amazing. 

1 hour ago, RutgerGM said:

Haven’t made a banger since 2009

Hard Times, Still Into You, Ain't It Fun, This Is Why, etc

After Laughter is stuffed with bangers!

Definetly not headliner sized but maybe an Other headliner or a Pyramid Sub? Difficult to gauge positions as they don't seem to do UK fests that much, last one was co-headlining R&L back in 2014.

Edited by FrogLobster

18 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Remember when Stormzy was seen as a miss when booked?

Was he? At the time he was booked, Stormzy was an exciting live act, critically acclaimed, and popular with young people. I'm not saying Raye isn't those things - to be honest I don't really follow her much so am not qualified to say. You're perhaps right - and I can imagine EE wanting to give an act like Raye the chance to do it. FWIW I think both Paramore and Little Simz could headline (though Simz is surely ruled out for at least the next two festivals given she's subbing this year). I feel like when Wolf Alice come back they would be perfect Other headliners, but maybe they will get the nod for Pyramid 

I kind of interpreted Emily’s response about dreaming for Kate Bush to kind of be shrugging off the original question of ‘who haven’t you been able to book?’. Kate Bush as a dream booking seemed like an obvious cop-out answer given how little she tours and meant Emily could avoid spoiling a potential booking or shaming someone who has refused to be booked.

I personally don’t think Raye is quite there for headliner material but could see her getting there in a few years. She also seems like the kind of risky home-grown-hero booking I could see them making. Speaking of, I’m intrigued where Sam Fender will next fall and when. Perhaps it’s just his recent absence but I wonder if he’ll actually come back bigger on his third album.

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

35 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Paramore and Wolf Alice seem more like Reading headliner than Glastonbury headliner imo.

Then Green Day can never headline because seemingly there has to be a line drawn between Reading and Glasto headliners. But Dua, Stormzy etc can headline both of them. Glasto finally booked K Pop so theyre doing something right there that Reading/Leeds should be jumping all over.  and we are now omitting women with guitars but men with guitars is fine. 🤔

whether anyone wants to admit it that the festival is going to end up having the top lines all be younger artists aside from Sunday Tea Time. And this all buys into Emily's argument that female acts cant get the too slots cause others thing a certain type of artist isnt allowed the chance. Thats why I would hope she just does it and everyone has to f**king live with it. Its the only way people will change their mindsets.

Btw, Isle of Wight just dropped their 2025 dates. So it seems we get Glasto the following week as is the norm. So June 25-29

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Honestly I'd say the opposite, because R+L are headed in an entirely different direction.

Interesting argument.

Tbf Wolf Alice have headlined Truck Festival, and I would know given I was there, but I don't think they did any comparable shows on the tour for their last album, so it's as much a case of seeing if their new album will see them gain any momentum back towards that kind of spot. Their last full tour sold out on day of though, so I suspect not having done a tour in quite a while means demand will be there.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Then Green Day can never headline because seemingly there has to be a line drawn between Reading and Glasto headliners. But Dua, Stormzy etc can headline both of them. Glasto finally booked K Pop so theyre doing something right there that Reading/Leeds should be jumping all over.  and we are now omitting women with guitars but men with guitars is fine. 🤔

whether anyone wants to admit it that the festival is going to end up having the top lines all be younger artists aside from Sunday Tea Time. And this all buys into Emily's argument that female acts cant get the too slots cause others thing a certain type of artist isnt allowed the chance. Thats why I would hope she just does it and everyone has to f**king live with it. Its the only way people will change their mindsets.

With Wolf Alice, the issue is more level - as noted, they have headlined minor festivals but Glastonbury is a giant leap forward from there. They were fourth down on the Pyramid in 2022 and haven't released any new music since. Talk is a new album could be out later this year or start of next year, but nothing tangible just yet.

Paramore are closer to the level. Certainly a Green Day/Paramore 1-2, which was a thing back in like 2010 where Paramore opened for Green Day at a few concerts, would draw a crowd and would be watchable. But it's more the case about how exactly Glastonbury is perceived and the nature of it seemingly being given a status in this country of being bigger than a lot of other festivals imo. 

Still, I'd wager they were at least as well known as SZA, they sold out their last run of headline UK shows last spring and the Eras Tour has seen a lot of people see Paramore, even in theory the idea of pop-punk is more Reading (not least as they have Blink-182 this year). So tbf, I don't think it's necessarily the worst idea if they're seeking an extra female-lead headline act.

Guess it depends on what their future plans are as much as anything else. Pretty sure there's talk of a new album out next year.

Edited by charlierc