2025 Headliners

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Besides if I flatline getting tickets this year my backup plan is to go to Milan - so I want him rested and refreshed for that, not suffering from a bout of the Pilton Flu after he gets on the rhino ket in Platform 23.

im in Prague the week before.

5 hours ago, kaanypooch said:

Other:

Sat: Arcade Fire*

*potentially not given current murky moral status, so maybe a vampire weekend, glass animals or similar.

Wouldn't be surprised if they still had a "Pyramid Headline or we don't turn up" mindset tbh.

Edited by charlierc

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Bruce isn't coming back to Europe just for 4 shows so we'll have to see what dates he fills in I guess. 

People couldn't accuse him of skimming on the hits this time. 2nd half of the current show - Rising, Badlands, Thunder Road, Born in the USA, Born to Run, Bobby Jean, Dancing in the Dark, Tenth Av. 

We need a 15 minute version of Outlaw Pete this time. 

Make that a twenty-minute version of Outlaw Pete. I like to live my life on the edge.

(Also, play Jungleland in London #1, for the love of all that is holy.)

56 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Not a bad shout. Springsteen on the Friday.

Aye, don't think I'd clocked the already announced dates.

Assume he will finally do the Liverpool show that's been rumoured in '23 and '24 for a UK date. Any other new venues due to open next year he might crash into? First Direct Arena in '13 remains the all-timer.

45 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

im in Prague the week before.

And I'm in Milan for at least the Thursday... no festival flu required for him or me. 

If I fail with tickets in October/November I will likely try for a night 1 ticket too.

22 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, don't think I'd clocked the already announced dates.

Assume he will finally do the Liverpool show that's been rumoured in '23 and '24 for a UK date. Any other new venues due to open next year he might crash into? First Direct Arena in '13 remains the all-timer.

If he wanted to play new venue bingo, then the obvious choice would be the Everton Stadium, as an alternative to Anfield, which is due to open next summer and may just be ready by then. So Liverpool in one form or another probably does look like a very good shout. But there's near zero chance he's doing Glastonbury.

Just now, incident said:

If he wanted to play new venue bingo, then the obvious choice would be the Everton Stadium, as an alternative to Anfield, which is due to open next summer and may just be ready by then. So Liverpool in one form or another probably does look like a very good shout. But there's near zero chance he's doing Glastonbury.

Near-zero are the kind of odds I like.

Fred again.. / Kasabian / Vampire Weekend 

Childish Gambino 

Olivia Rodrigo / Pulp / Phoebe Bridgers

The Prodigy 

Stevie Wonder / Raye / Sabrina Carpenter / Girls Aloud 

Charli xcx

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fred again.. / Kasabian / Vampire Weekend 

Childish Gambino 

Olivia Rodrigo / Pulp / Phoebe Bridgers

The Prodigy 

Stevie Wonder / Raye / Sabrina Carpenter / Girls Aloud 

Charli xcx

I'm trying to work out the formatting of this, are you these running orders for the whole days?

I just can't see in any world where Pulp sub the Pyramid Stage before Olivia Rodrigo. I doubt they'd agree to it.

Before a legendary singer / rock band they'd probably be more likely to agree to it I reckon so before a Stevie Wonder, Springsteen they might be more keen. 

Dua Lipa said in a BBC2 special which aired before this festival that she was asked to do it November 2022.

My guess is after Sam Fenders pyramid 2022 performance he was quickly snapped up for a few years down the line. New album back end of this year straight into Friday night 2025 headliner.

7 hours ago, Glasto96 said:

Dua Lipa said in a BBC2 special which aired before this festival that she was asked to do it November 2022.

My guess is after Sam Fenders pyramid 2022 performance he was quickly snapped up for a few years down the line. New album back end of this year straight into Friday night 2025 headliner.

This is part of my thinking too. We know they like to lock 'em in a long way out if they can. Remember there was a rumour doing the rounds they had '21 locked in before they announced '20 - and before the pandemic put it on ice.

37 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I know they don't get the best rep on here but...RCHP? It feels like they will do it one day, one of the few larger bands that haven't. 

Always assumed money was the issue here for RHCP, but also a band that seems to generate some serious shrugs. Doesn't help that they seldom play all the hits on the same night of the tour.

Intro Jam

Can't Stop

Around the World

The Zephyr Song

Otherside

Snow ((Hey Oh))

Soul to Squeeze

Scar Tissue

Suck My Kiss

10 Dani California

11 Parallel Universe

12 Higher Ground

13 Tell Me Baby

14 Californication

15 By the Way

16 Soul to Squeeze

17 Under the Bridge

18 Give It Away

20 hours ago, gfa said:

Raye album cycle wise won't be there by next year surely. Would be post fallow year if she keeps up the momentum

Vampire Weekend subbed in 2019

There's no way Becky Hill will fill Other like Avril did. stick her pyramid whatever but she's like a 3pm act on there.

Avril was so busy as she's rare to catch - Becky Hill plays everywhere, every year

I was meant to say won't be headlining the Other.  Becky Hills does but she's only getting bigger and she's mixing in with the very popular and current D&B at the minute. I think she plays 3rd/4th down Pyramid max. She's going to play above where Aitch, Paul Heaton, Keane and Texas got. Not only that, she's a female artist which plays well for Emily and got a fairly large arena tour coming up as well. She's very good at what she does. I think she's currently as big as anyone who subbed Other stage this year but then you've got D-Block who have done big venues and got the smallest crowd I've seen for the other that time of the day. 

18 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2025-lineup-headliners-eminem-rumours-leaked-b2575802.html

Looks completely made up to be honest.  Surprised it is in the Indy and not something like the Sun or the Mail.

If you catch the bottom of the article, they cite the Mail as information. It's a non starter yet. I definitely think they'll want him though. He's the solid rapper choice for then to make that won't split a crowd.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I was meant to say won't be headlining the Other.  Becky Hills does but she's only getting bigger and she's mixing in with the very popular and current D&B at the minute. I think she plays 3rd/4th down Pyramid max. She's going to play above where Aitch, Paul Heaton, Keane and Texas got. Not only that, she's a female artist which plays well for Emily and got a fairly large arena tour coming up as well. She's very good at what she does. I think she's currently as big as anyone who subbed Other stage this year but then you've got D-Block who have done big venues and got the smallest crowd I've seen for the other that time of the day. 

If you catch the bottom of the article, they cite the Mail as information. It's a non starter yet. I definitely think they'll want him though. He's the solid rapper choice for then to make that won't split a crowd.

Yeah it's a weird one. I don't belive the article... but he must be on the list of people they would want to book if they could. 

I think someone has said previously that glasto wouldn't book Eminem because his previous controversial lyrics/ comments. I don't know how true that is and whether it still stands.