2025 Headliners

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, I've seen them twice at glastonbury and both were a tepid non-event.  They still seem to draw a crowd for some reason, but it's not for me.

They were incredible in the Cavern in Liverpool in January but that's a very different proposition to a big outdoor show where I've never really enjoyed them.

On 7/25/2024 at 9:31 AM, northernangel said:

Big chance I think of Jack White taking a sub spot or Other headline spot if his ego allows it now. I think other myself will be something along the lines of:

The Prodigy/dance act, Nick Cave...who also could be sub and a female act. I can't see them not going for a female act after everything clearly was moved this year.

Pulp, Jack White and Raye for me could easily be the subs now. I think Liam would close it out with Pulp below Olivia. Jack below Fred and Raye below Liam as it mixes it all up.

Pulp won't sub to a pop star. Why do people keep saying this? Seen a number of people suggesting it. It won't happen in a million years. Jarvis just isn't that guy. 

I don't think they will even be there next year but If they are and they sub the Pyramid it will be before a legendary band / artist and nobody else. 

12 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Pulp won't sub to a pop star. Why do people keep saying this? Seen a number of people suggesting it. It won't happen in a million years. Jarvis just isn't that guy. 

I don't think they will even be there next year but If they are and they sub the Pyramid it will be before a legendary band / artist and nobody else. 

Ive seen Pulp on line ups sub to acts before - I do not think Jarvis has half the Ego you are imagining him to have. 

21 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Jarvis isn't agreeing to play some of the events they have, especially in the north if his ego is above it

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I know. Which is why it didnt matter to me when I watched them lol. Its not my fault you were in the back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not everybody can be down the front. Not everybody wants to be down the front. Unless you just want to play to the 3000 people nearest the stage which is self indulgent in the extreme. Choosing to defend self indulgent silliness by one of my all time favourite bands is a very strange hill to die on.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Jarvis isn't agreeing to play some of the events they have, especially in the north if his ego is above it

Dunno if it’s ego with him so much as them chasing the money

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Ive seen Pulp on line ups sub to acts before - I do not think Jarvis has half the Ego you are imagining him to have. 

Subbed to Foo Fighters at Isle of Wight & T in the Park 2011 and to The Strokes at Reading 2011 (or co-headlined in that weird parlance). So it is possible.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 8:29 AM, matrainertje said:

It was excellent if you are a casual who only wanted their biggest songs. They played Street Spirit / No Surprises / Nude / 2+2=5 / Paranoid Android / Fake Plastic Trees / Lotus Flower / Creep / Karma Police back to back. Insane run.

But for the fans, it could have had a little bit more deep cuts. 

I’m a casual. It’s was alright. 6.5/10

On 7/23/2024 at 8:30 PM, giantkatestacks said:

They all must have been clustered around me then, I found it very busy. Maybe as their fans are more screamy and fanatic. But then my only reference point last year was Bruce and in the Gold Circle at least that was pretty chill.

Bruce sold considerably more tickets

7 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Is this the same Jarvis that was spinning the Charli xcx and Lorde remix at Stonebridge?

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't vouch for the source and mountain of salt required, but someone on Greasy Lake reckons they've heard that 2025 is on.

Just taken a look - probably also worth mentioning that:

- That poster reckons that "money talks" and that Muse were paid £1 million to headline Glastonbury (which we know to be bollocks).

- On the same thread, there's strong rumours of Gothenburg dates at the end of June, which if correct would remove any availability.

Edited by incident

Oasis aren't reforming but reckon Liam doing a 30th anniversary of WTSMG might go down well.. is he big enough though? Maybe Other/sub pyramid? Being a 90s kid that would be nostalgia at it's highlight for me

On 7/24/2024 at 3:29 AM, matrainertje said:

It was excellent if you are a casual who only wanted their biggest songs. They played Street Spirit / No Surprises / Nude / 2+2=5 / Paranoid Android / Fake Plastic Trees / Lotus Flower / Creep / Karma Police back to back. Insane run.

But for the fans, it could have had a little bit more deep cuts. 

as a fan who loves the deep cuts, i still loved 2017.  Radiohead almost never plays a set of hits so it was kind of an obscurity in that.  I was up close, so I didnt have an issue with the screens 

Can easily see Nick Cave headlining the Other stage.  

Can easily see the legend slot going to Alanis.  

On the Pyramid I can see Olivia Rodrigo, Dave & either a Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen type.  

20 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

as a fan who loves the deep cuts, i still loved 2017.  Radiohead almost never plays a set of hits so it was kind of an obscurity in that.  I was up close, so I didnt have an issue with the screens 

Can easily see Nick Cave headlining the Other stage.  

Can easily see the legend slot going to Alanis.  

On the Pyramid I can see Olivia Rodrigo, Dave & either a Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen type.  

I'd be there with bells on for alanis morrisette. 90s again obvs 😅 probably wouldnt watch any of the others you listed. Loved Neil young last time he played, dunno if he could top that show being 15 years older..

Never been a boss fan. Know nothing about Rodrigo or Dave lol

Edited by plaskins
Fat fingers