2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Why on earth would Biffy have been given the top slot over Ed Sheeran in 2017?

Dave isn't subbing this year.

Dave, Rihanna and Fender is possible, yes, but it looks to me like a T in the Park lineup if that was still going nowadays. I'm starting to think they'll have one of Dave or Fender, with the other being booked for 2026.

I don't see what Ed really has to do with it, he could have not been been and Biffy got given the slot. All I said what, Biffy should have done it that year.

That is a case of where we don't deny the direction Glastonbury is going into though.

If Dave and Fender are both back then, one of them is going to miss out in that case until the next album cycle as neither are doing it on their second year. For a festival trying to be diverse and include everything....those 3 fit fairly well. I don't see Dave and Fender as the same act, I would be elsewhere personally. It's definitely a year I'd say I'm out

52 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Because they're good and Ed Sheeran is bobbins. 

Were*^ 😜

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I don't see what Ed really has to do with it, he could have not been been and Biffy got given the slot. All I said what, Biffy should have done it that year.

No, you said Biffy should have done it the year Ed Sheeran did. Besides, they wouldn't have headlined over Radiohead or Foos either. They were past it in 2017 anyway, their only chance would have been in 2013 at a push.

52 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

No, you said Biffy should have done it the year Ed Sheeran did. Besides, they wouldn't have headlined over Radiohead or Foos either. They were past it in 2017 anyway, their only chance would have been in 2013 at a push.

They were fantastic at Leeds in 2013 tbf

11 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yes, that means, that was the year Biffy Clyro for me had their final chance to do it as with the way their sound was going, they would get away with it at Glastonbury, Ed would have had plenty of time to play it still and it was poor. They played in 07, 08, 10, and 11, so had a break to play the other festival. Why they played IOW both in 12 and 14 god knows though. 

22 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also Biffy Clyro aren't that good

Biffy are incredible musicians - seriously, seriously top level, with a solid catalogue and great live energy. Personally think they're a step below being chosen for the top spot (like a lot of bands), but would do a great job if they did get picked.

50 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Biffy are incredible musicians - seriously, seriously top level, with a solid catalogue and great live energy. Personally think they're a step below being chosen for the top spot (like a lot of bands), but would do a great job if they did get picked.

They are but pull wise now unfortunately, the time has passed. They’ve done a special guest slot too and Victorious is only a sign of downward trajectory. It is 60k but none of the acts there are going to headline Glastonbury. 

37 minutes ago, northernangel said:

They are but pull wise now unfortunately, the time has passed. They’ve done a special guest slot too and Victorious is only a sign of downward trajectory. It is 60k but none of the acts there are going to headline Glastonbury. 

Sad but true...

Would need an "event" to reverse that

56 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Sad but true...

Would need an "event" to reverse that

Well since 2016 and including they've released 3 sunpar albums that aren't even getting them a go at their own small outdoor show, I also take on board they might not want this. Even look at Korn, different genre, a more niche if you like even are even doing Gunnersbury Park. Biffy will get Scotland for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Well since 2016 and including they've released 3 sunpar albums that aren't even getting them a go at their own small outdoor show, I also take on board they might not want this. Even look at Korn, different genre, a more niche if you like even are even doing Gunnersbury Park. Biffy will get Scotland for obvious reasons.

My mate lives next door to their roadie...might see what plans are...

57 minutes ago, Superscally said:

My mate lives next door to their roadie...might see what plans are...

Nice. Its like Korn aren't going to get this Download headline slot people want from selling out Gunnersbury Park. Limp Bizkit did it and are playing the same slot they would have done had they not done that.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2024 at 10:00 AM, northernangel said:

Biffy Clyro should have done it the year Ed Sheeram did.

If they had been active in 2015, they probably should have got the call to step in for Foo Fighters that year. Love me Biffy Clyro, and they were a massive sub when they played in 2017. But stock has been in decline ever since Ellipsis stuttered in 2016.

15 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If they had been active in 2015, they probably should have got the call to step in for Foo Fighters that year. Love me Biffy Clyro, and they were a massive sub when they played in 2017. But stock has been in decline ever since Ellipsis stuttered in 2016.

It's an interesting "what if", but they wouldn't have got the call to step in for the Foo Fighters.

When Flo was booked to sub, there were plenty of people suggesting that she was already big enough to headline outright and as a new female artist should have been given the chance to step up (albeit more specifically instead of The Who rather than FF). For the Festival to lose a headliner a few weeks out and not give her that spot would've been something of a statement, and one that they had no desire to make.

The only way an active Biffy Clyro would have got that call would be if had happened on a different day, and the logistics didn't allow Flo to take the slot.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yes I'd probably agree with that. Given the amount of times they'd played Glastonbury, a step in wouldn't have mattered the same. Yes, there is probably two songs off of the combined last 3 albums of Biffy Clyro that I feel are worth bothering with, and Animal Style is the one I would pick by some distance.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Sheeran was (and probably still is) one of the biggest acts on the planet when he headlined in 17.

Foos and Radiohead both substantially bigger (and better) than Biffy too.

They are both substantially bigger than Stormzy as well and there is no one saying about a problem with him having done it.

Edited by northernangel

52 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yes I'd probably agree with that. Given the amount of times they'd played Glastonbury, a step in wouldn't have mattered the same. Yes, there is probably two songs off of the combined last 3 albums of Biffy Clyro that I feel are worth bothering with, and Animal Style is the one I would pick by some distance.

They are both substantially bigger than Stormzy as well and there is no one saying about a problem with him having done it.

Stormzy was the face of an entire movement when he was booked.

Biffy Clyro are the face of very little.

• Upvote 1

Got me thinking - what would a 2015 headline set have looked like?

1 Different People
2 That Golden Rule
3 Who’s Got a Match?
4 57
5 Biblical
6 Justboy
7 Folding Stars
8 Bubbles
9 God and Satan
10 Machines
11 The Captain
12 There’s No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake
13 Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies
14 Glitter and Trauma
15 Black Chandelier
16 Mountains

17 Many of Horror
18 Stingin’ Belle

That's... robust. That's very robust, though I do say that with bias.

Just now, Sitruc97 said:

Biffy were probably a tad unlucky in how things planned out, where would they find themselves currently, Other headliner? Churnup style slot? (My bias as a fan may see me over-egging their current stock)

Another headliner I’d reckon.