2025 Headliners

26 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Take out the covers and there's 21 of his own songs there.  I know 16 of them.  Given I wouldn't consider myself a fan, I think that's a pretty good measure of how big his tunes are.

The Cardiff set was 2:25, so with some sensible choices would cut down nicely to a very solid 2 hours.

Just as long as he doesn't cut Vienna.

Bruce is one I'd def see again.  2009's the only time I've seen him live, and I've listed to a lot more of his stuff since then (both old and new) so it'd feel very much like a new experience for me.

20 hours ago, kalifire said:

Billy Joel would almost be as awful as Bruce Springsteen. Old white men with little to offer than ‘remember what I was like?’  

G25 needs to be modern, progressive, and reflect an understanding of where music is at currently. 

Nah man, you're better than that. There's maybe an argument for Joel given his low output, but Springsteen's continued releasing albums that have sold well and been well received. The "remember what I was like" bit's just lazy.  It's like people who write James off as 90s one-hit wonders without actually looking at their discography.

The less said about the old white men bit the better tbh.

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mardy said:

Uptown Girl and that one where he lists loads of bad things. Like a worse version of REM's 'the end of the world'. Has he done anything else I'd know?

Is it wrong* that I really want to have a crack at that on karaoke?

*I know it's wrong. And I regret nothing

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They should book the act who by common consensus released the best album of the last year.

What is common consensus?

If we did it on sales we would have had-

1996- Robson & Jerome

2006- James Blunt

2010- Susan Boyle

2015- One Direction 

Do you really want that?

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

What is common consensus?

If we did it on sales we would have had-

1996- Robson & Jerome

2006- James Blunt

2010- Susan Boyle

2015- One Direction 

Do you really want that?

It was a joke based on SOS by SZA probably being the top critical pick of 2023 (#1 Pitchfork, etc)

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bruce is one I'd def see again.  2009's the only time I've seen him live, and I've listed to a lot more of his stuff since then (both old and new) so it'd feel very much like a new experience for me.

Based on what you've said I'd strongly recommend going to one of his own gigs next year. Wembley the other week was incredible, my 6th time seeing him (first was Glastonbury), and easily the best

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Based on what you've said I'd strongly recommend going to one of his own gigs next year. Wembley the other week was incredible, my 6th time seeing him (first was Glastonbury), and easily the best

Have no doubt I'd love it, but I'm very much in the £50-ish limit for gig tickets.  Love a bit of Bruce, but not that much 😂

6 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'd potentially see all three as well, although if anyone missed out it'd likely be Fred as I saw him last year. Skipped Bruce back in 2009 for an early visit to the SEC, but a second bite at the cherry would be welcome. 

Have never really gotten into Bruce, but seeing as I’m a big fan of his love child Sam Fender, common sense would suggest I’d actually really like him. 

Not sure I’ve got a 3 hour set in me though. Probably not an act in the world I could sit through for 3 hours. 

(Except Daft Punk). 

18 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

This place continues to be hilarious. People turning their nose up or questioning Billy f**king Joel 😅 probably the same people who laughed at Elton John being announced. 

Elton John's songs have generally aged better than Billy Joel's music, and the Rocketman movie also introduced the man to a whole new generation. Apples and oranges.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

I dunno, maybe half a dozen mentions considering it's clearly fiction. 

Can't envisage why someone so eyewateringly rich would take a long trip to Somerset to work for a reduced fee

https://www.forbes.com/profile/rihanna/

They literrally had her booked to headline in 2023 when she was also a billionaire -  she then pulled out due to pregnancy.  So don't see why her being a billionaire this year would stop her doing it in 2025 when it would not in 2023 

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

They literrally had her booked to headline in 2023 when she was also a billionaire -  she then pulled out due to pregnancy.  So don't see why her being a billionaire this year would stop her doing it in 2025 when it would not in 2023 

Did they?