2025 Headliners

One thing to note is that if. Glastonbury was there first return gig, it's not like they need a warmup as much as other bands that have been split for 15 years. They have been playing Oasis tunes at festivals separately for years. It would just be another gig for Liam but 10x the intensity. 

49 minutes ago, castlecaryquery said:

One thing to note is that if. Glastonbury was there first return gig, it's not like they need a warmup as much as other bands that have been split for 15 years. They have been playing Oasis tunes at festivals separately for years. It would just be another gig for Liam but 10x the intensity. 

The issue is that the intensity was too much for them in 2004. They were utterly shite then.

Starting a hyped comeback by being shite again on such a public stage as the pyramid would not be a good look.

2 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Let's be real; their first show back is not going to be in USA.

More likely a small surprise warmup in Manchester before the UK residencies. Then possibly festivals (Coachella, Glasto, etc) in 2026 if there are no fights.

Don't forget there's no Glasto in 2026, and I'd say it's unlikely they'll reform for more than a few months so the prospect of them doing G27 isn't strong. I think it's headlining 2025 or nowt. I also agree with others that if all dates fall after the festival, they probably won't be playing it.

All eyes on those dates. Not long now.

9 hours ago, VCK2 said:

There are plenty of European and American festivals that take place prior to late June. As I said elsewhere, the Stone Roses did a small tour of Europe in 2012 before returning to the UK for their Heaton Park dates.

Don't see it.

1 minute ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Just been confirmed on BBC news they will not be playing Glastonbury 

Think that’s based purely on the “only shows in 2025” and “it will not be televised” lines, but certainly interesting that more than one of Glastonbury’s key media partners are running with the same interpretation. 

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Think that’s based purely on the “only shows in 2025” and “it will not be televised” lines, but certainly interesting that more than one of Glastonbury’s key media partners are running with the same interpretation. 

No at all sorry

No BBC were speculating that they would play Glastonbury then they received an update from the bands team after they had gone on to cover a few other stories and they received  the update to say Oasis will not be playing Glastonbury. 

I was watching it live

Edited by Ben7amin_

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

No BBC were speculating that they would play Glastonbury then they received an update from the bands team after they had gone on to cover a few other stories and they received  the update to say Oasis will not be playing Glastonbury. 

I was watching it live

Ah right, fair enough then. 

• Like 1

I don’t think oasis are going to open their tour televised on the Pyramid and I think the festival are going to be keen to shut down the rumours that they are playing early doors. Of course an Oasis headline slot would have never been confirmed this early on, and never before both the tour and the festival have fully sold out, but the fact that the BBC and The Guardian - the festivals twos main journalistic voices - have categorically said that they aren’t playing is a sign of things to come.

Emily won’t want 100,000s of people trying for Glastonbury tickets if they're hoping to see Oasis and going to be disappointed, so I think it’ll be shut down before ticket day if they aren’t playing. If it’s not been shut down before then, then it’s on. But I think the press releases today have set the tone. 

10 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Not that you should take anything he tweets seriously but Liam did call Coachella a “pathetic festival” last year

I'm guessing Blur slagging off the crowd for being boring at their own set there earlier this year wouldn't have exactly helped sell it.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm guessing Blur slagging off the crowd for being boring at their own set there earlier this year wouldn't have exactly helped sell it.

On the contrary, Blur flopping at Coachella could quite conceivably have motivated Liam and Noel to do it. 

21 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

No at all sorry

I was watching it live

What did they say? "We've had an update from the band?"

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They won’t want the live tv coverage that is part of Glastonbury so that probably rules them out. it’s surprising however that Cardiff is the opening gigs, other dates will be added 

Hardly any. Not sure any barring an extra in London is actually pencilled in