Way Out West 2024

ParanoidTourist

35 minutes ago, branvan said:

The Line Up of the year... 😃 Is there eveything in walking distance? Can you walk from the sation to the park? I suggest there are trams and busses too?... 

Trams go from the centre to the park, but they get very busy coming back after the headliners.  It is walkable (and mostly downhill) back into the centre afterwards, maybe 30-40 minutes to the area round the station.  There are "Stay Out" shows after the music in the park ends, and some of the venues for those are walkable from the park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Just bought my tickets, first time I'll be in Sweden. Looking forward to it very much, especially the Thursday has an amazing set of headliners! Does anyone know capacity of the festival?

Great, welcome to Sweden!

I agree with what is written above concerning capacity. If I compare with Rock Werchter it´s easier to get a good spot during the concerts at WOW. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously considering coming to this. I've got a flight landing at about 2pm, so potentially could get on site at 4pm. I am likely to miss anything?

Also, what's the difference between acts like Maisie Peters being listed as playing 'Way Out West' vs. those as 'Slottsskogen'? Is that just a quirk of the lineup page? I know there's the late night 'Stay Out West', but this is not that.

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Seriously considering coming to this. I've got a flight landing at about 2pm, so potentially could get on site at 4pm. I am likely to miss anything?

Also, what's the difference between acts like Maisie Peters being listed as playing 'Way Out West' vs. those as 'Slottsskogen'? Is that just a quirk of the lineup page? I know there's the late night 'Stay Out West', but this is not that.

The line-up is indeed very good this year. I think the concerts start around 2-2.30 pm so you might miss the first 1 or 2 acts of the day. 

About the Way Out West vs Slottsskogen venue I think it means the same place since "Slottsskogen" is the actual festival location. 

• Thanks 1

18 new acts confirmed, mainly for the club program Stay out West. 

Arooj Aftab, Thurston Moore, The Kills, Yard Act and English Teacher are the ones that I might wanna see among the new announcements. 

#oh and Yves Tumor of course! 

Edited by Olivedal 1904
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

18 new acts confirmed, mainly for the club program Stay out West. 

Arooj Aftab, Thurston Moore, The Kills, Yard Act and English Teacher are the ones that I might wanna see among the new announcements. 

#oh and Yves Tumor of course! 

amazing lineup

wow24.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The schedule is out now! Amazingly, The Smile/PJ Harvey/AIR/Queens of the stone age do not clash;) 

Also some new acts are announced for WOW and Stay out west:

Icona Pop, Arc de Soleil, Olof Dreijer (from the Knife), Diva Cruz, Alba August, Ayla, MRCY, Stella Explorer, Diane Emerita, Jackie Mere and Full Body 2.  

• Upvote 2

Lineup is great. Though a lot of what I want to see is on at Stay Out West, which is a little concerning as I've been reading about it being tricky to access these concerts. As a newbie, anyone able to advise? Been holding off booking my ticket until the timetable though it's worked out pretty clash-free so far for me. I think they've forgotten to include Slowdive's time though?

2 hours ago, ElGanzo said:

Lineup is great. Though a lot of what I want to see is on at Stay Out West, which is a little concerning as I've been reading about it being tricky to access these concerts. As a newbie, anyone able to advise? Been holding off booking my ticket until the timetable though it's worked out pretty clash-free so far for me. I think they've forgotten to include Slowdive's time though?

I don´t have that much experience with Stay Out West but last year it seemed that many people went there after the last gig so I guess a general rule is to be there earlier before the concerts end on the festival site. 

I also cannot find Slowdive but there´s a gap in the schedule after Limperatrice at the Linné stage on Friday so perhaps that´s where they fit in. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think they have ever been this early to release the schedule. There might be some smaller names to be added for Höjden stage for Slottsskogen by the looks of it. And a couple of gaps on Friday for Linné stage (one of them probably gonna fit Slowdive as mentioned). 

Stay Out West lineup far from complete. How early one needs to leave Slottsskogen to get in at Stay out west of course depends on which venue and how popular the club show is. But generally it is enough to leave Slottsskogen right before the last couple of songs of the headliners.