Way Out West 2024

ParanoidTourist

3 hours ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

Oh, thank you for the reminder re the bag ban! First time at WOW, and first time at a festival with an all out ban on any bags. I usually bring junk I don't need anyway in mine, so this may be freeing!

Also thanks to the posters re beer too. Always good to know!

Disappointed re QOTSA, but still very much looking forward to our first real visit to Sweden. We are only going Thursday and Friday as we wanted to see some of Gothenburg whilst there. If anyone has any recommendations of things to see/do I'd love the guidance.

Visited Rock Werchter for the first time last month, so I'm excited to have another new one to try out. Not long now!

Your welcome and you seem to take it on the positive side:) 

The cancellations of The Smile and QOTSA felt particularly evil but looking forward to all other artists, at least on Thursday and Friday. 

I actually also visited Werchter this year and the 2 festivals complete each other rather well. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Some of the Stay out West venues are pretty small though.

Liseberg Polketten: 1700?

Annedalskyrkan: 1000?

Pustervik Stora: 900

Pustervik Lilla: 300

Musikens Hus: 400

Folkteatern: 500??

Oceanen: 150

Scandic Central and Skeppet - no idea, have never been.

Thank you very much for this information! 

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Your welcome and you seem to take it on the positive side:) 

The cancellations of The Smile and QOTSA felt particularly evil but looking forward to all other artists, at least on Thursday and Friday. 

I actually also visited Werchter this year and the 2 festivals complete each other rather well. 

Aw cool. I really liked Werchter. Very much looking forward to seeing WOW and a few SOW shows also - if we can get in. Hoping for Yard Act for sure.

There are a lot of artists I have never seen before who are playing on the Friday which is cool. And I can't remember the last time I saw Jack White live! 

I'm getting excited now. I love trying new festivals. 

• Like 1

WOW just confirmed on their Instagram page that there will be another band between L'ímperatrice and Overmono at the Linné stage on Friday. So now we can speculate who it will be;) 

I´m guessing a non-Swedish artist. Perhaps Jonny Marr since he canceled last year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

WOW just confirmed on their Instagram page that there will be another band between L'ímperatrice and Overmono at the Linné stage on Friday. So now we can speculate who it will be;) 

I´m guessing a non-Swedish artist. Perhaps Jonny Marr since he canceled last year. 

Thanks for updating us on here.
I wonder when they will announce! Exciting.

I'm currently looking at the weather - I fear I will need a rain jacket with big enough pockets (because of the absolute no bag rule!) and perhaps some sun cream?? My pale Scottish skin doesn't need much sun to require SPF50 😄

1 hour ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

Thanks for updating us on here.
I wonder when they will announce! Exciting.

I'm currently looking at the weather - I fear I will need a rain jacket with big enough pockets (because of the absolute no bag rule!) and perhaps some sun cream?? My pale Scottish skin doesn't need much sun to require SPF50 😄

No problem! Perhaps an announcement tomorrow but I have no idea. 

In regards to the bag ban it´s apparently possible to pre-book a locker on WOWs homepage. I didn´t bring sun screen last year but it was a rainy year on the other hand. 

I think I'm going to try add some films to my schedule also. 
Quite fancy the Mogwai doc - they're from my city so feel like I should go watch it before heading into the main festival. The Substance sounds very good too!

Been listening to Jack White's new album - I'm really happy they managed to secure him as a replacement for QOTSA. I see other festivals weren't so lucky. Looking forward to seeing him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

I think I'm going to try add some films to my schedule also. 
Quite fancy the Mogwai doc - they're from my city so feel like I should go watch it before heading into the main festival. The Substance sounds very good too!

Been listening to Jack White's new album - I'm really happy they managed to secure him as a replacement for QOTSA. I see other festivals weren't so lucky. Looking forward to seeing him. 

Would have loved to see the Mogwai documentary too but have work duties before the festival on Friday. 

Really excited to catch Mogwai at Arctangent fest the following week though!

2 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Would have loved to see the Mogwai documentary too but have work duties before the festival on Friday. 

Really excited to catch Mogwai at Arctangent fest the following week though!

It is on rather early on the Friday 😞
That will be a good show! I only saw that festival today for the first time! 

1 hour ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

It is on rather early on the Friday 😞
That will be a good show! I only saw that festival today for the first time! 

Yeah Arctangent is a niche festival for sure. Been wanting to attend as far back as it's been around but this year will be the first time I make it!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Yeah Arctangent is a niche festival for sure. Been wanting to attend as far back as it's been around but this year will be the first time I make it!

It would be nice to hear your thoughts on it after you return, if you don't mind sharing 🙂

28 minutes ago, ElGanzo said:

Am I right I saying the the smaller stages are covered? In which case, given the weather forecast, the acts playing there might be quite busy?

If it's the same as last year, Linne is the only indoor stage that covers the crowd 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Have they released the map anywhere? I can't see it on the app. Was just hoping to get an idea of the layout.

Rain jackets are all packed here and we're ready to set off tomorrow. Weather looking much like it is here at home according to the forecast. At least I won't need to worry about packing sun cream into my jacket I guess 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pumpkinprincess123 said:

Have they released the map anywhere? I can't see it on the app. Was just hoping to get an idea of the layout.

Rain jackets are all packed here and we're ready to set off tomorrow. Weather looking much like it is here at home according to the forecast. At least I won't need to worry about packing sun cream into my jacket I guess 🙂

I was wondering the same thing (about the map) so hopefully they will publish it soon. 

Yep, sun screen can be left at home. Still looking forward a lot to the festival. See you there:) 

13 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I was wondering the same thing (about the map) so hopefully they will publish it soon. 

Yep, sun screen can be left at home. Still looking forward a lot to the festival. See you there:) 

Oh we are too! Can't wait to visit for the first time. We are familiar with having to party in the rain here 😄

See you there! For the fun!

• Like 1