Download 2025

Andre91

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Rammstein, NIN, System Of A Down

Subs: Ghost, Korn, Deftones

Third down: Spiritbox, Bad Omens, Megadeth

Second stage heads: Sleep Token, Architects, Falling In Reverse 

Absolutely no chance.

Sleep Token will be sub minimum, Architects are sub already. Ghost ha e already headed Second, them subbing now might just be their acceptance they won't headline. I'm not even sure NIN headline.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Absolutely no chance.

Sleep Token will be sub minimum, Architects are sub already. Ghost ha e already headed Second, them subbing now might just be their acceptance they won't headline. I'm not even sure NIN headline.

Sleep Token will 100% headline the Main Stage next time they play. Without a shadow of a doubt. 

FWIW, Kam (who’s DL’s #2 booker behind Copping) said on a podcast yesterday when asked who could headline in 5 years time that Sleep Token will headline well before that and said that Ghost will headline too (he’s also their promoter over here). 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Absolutely no chance.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sleep Token will 100% headline the Main Stage next time they play. Without a shadow of a doubt. 

FWIW, Kam (who’s DL’s #2 booker behind Copping) said on a podcast yesterday when asked who could headline in 5 years time that Sleep Token will headline well before that and said that Ghost will headline too (he’s also their promoter over here). 

I guessed it based on fact that Ghost headliner second last year. I know Sleep Token have blown up but I don't consider them being bigger than Ghost were last year. I'm sure they will headline within 5 years. But maybe headline second first, then main 2 or 3 years later, as seems to the idea with Ghost? 

Just a reminder btw that this year capacity is at max 25% less than last year, at 75000 per day as opposed to 100000. That's a huge drop in ticket sales. Given normal years are 80000-90000 its really underperforming.

I don't think Download will risk new headliners next year with the exception of NIN, Pearl Jam or Ghost as all 3 are established ticket sellers (NIN obvs haven't done arenas for awhile but have sold out what they have done in UK). 

13 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Just a reminder btw that this year capacity is at max 25% less than last year, at 75000 per day as opposed to 100000. That's a huge drop in ticket sales. Given normal years are 80000-90000 its really underperforming.

I don't think Download will risk new headliners next year with the exception of NIN, Pearl Jam or Ghost as all 3 are established ticket sellers (NIN obvs haven't done arenas for awhile but have sold out what they have done in UK). 

To be honest, QOTSA and FOB were never headliners the Download mainstay crowd were going to be like oh wow in the majority.

2019 aside, it's probably the weakest set of headliners for me and I include that as I don't like Def Leppard or Tool. A big major Download issue is that they don't offer near enough alternative headliner competition now and in truth Download do manage to go strong for anniversary years which also means even people who have been say once may want to be apart of and say there for there at 20 years.

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

On paper, Fall Out Boy are bigger than the majority of headliners Download has had in the last decade. Shifted 130,000 tickets in their sleep. 

Yes but not to a crowd of regular Downloaders that want rock, heavier rock and metal. And who's ever idea it was putting Shikari below them two was mad. Doesn't matter what they can shift to their fans at a festival that is niche and attracts a certain crowd, it matters who's going to that festival for it. I would see FOB, Offspring even though had it been Bizkit there instead I'm probably more in favour as seen offspring twice recently, Tom Morello maybe and Charlotte Sands. Is that worth me paying £155 to get in for it without fuel....hell no.

18 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Slipknot just announced Rock AM for 2025. 

That's awesome, I'd already pretty much decided I wanted to do the 50th anniversary. Surely Download won't have them again though just 2 years later? I just can never see a time if they are available for Download not to book them.

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

That's awesome, I'd already pretty much decided I wanted to do the 50th anniversary. Surely Download won't have them again though just 2 years later? I just can never see a time if they are available for Download not to book them.

If it's part of the debut album 25th anniversary tour then I think Download would book them. 

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

SLIPKNOT / Slayer / Gojira

Pierce the Veil / Neck Deep
_____
SLEEP TOKEN / Deftones / Spiritbox

Lamb Of God / Mastodon
_____
LINKIN PARK / Falling In Reverse / Till Lindemann

Mötley Crüe / Sepultura

I think that first 3 is like inevitable. I would say Iron Maiden over Linkin Park here. But if they are around and want to do it then I think we're looking at Slipknot, Maiden and SOAD is a big old school year.

49 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

If it's part of the debut album 25th anniversary tour then I think Download would book them. 

Yeah I mean Andy only needs a different spin on it like he's done with Metallica etc on albums before. I don't ever see a world where he doesn't book Slipknot, just so happen that Slipknot so really stay away long.

It's mad as for the apparent premier rock festival and rock looking weaker on the too names and rock werchter absolutely smash Downloads lineup off the park.

• Upvote 1

Anyone ever thought of a massive tribute act playing download ? I mean I don’t know if anyone has ever heard of them but there is an incredible linkin park tribute called Hybrid Theory with over 200k likes on Facebook and 1million views on YouTube ?

7 minutes ago, Hazz said:

Anyone ever thought of a massive tribute act playing download ? I mean I don’t know if anyone has ever heard of them but there is an incredible linkin park tribute called Hybrid Theory with over 200k likes on Facebook and 1million views on YouTube ?

They already get Elvaba that's bad enough haha! In all seriousness though, I think they would get a huge backlash if they did and rightly so - tribute acts are their own thing and already have their own festivals. 

42 minutes ago, Hazz said:

I think on the Thursday or as after hours entertainment, it’s fine.

A band like that taking a proper slot…not for me. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hazz said:

No thanks. Awful idea.

• Upvote 1

Nine Inch Nails / Alice In Chains / Janes Addiction 

Rammstein / Bad Omens/ I Prevail

Slipknot / Korn / Spiritbox

Second stage headliners: 

Sleep Token, Architects, Falling In Reverse

I think if they wanna sell close to 130000 again they do something like this which appeals across the metal board (sorry pop punk but that's this year). 

Edited by Spiral_Low

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I honestly can't see that selling too well. 

even better! not doing DL this year but last year was so rammed that i thought i was going to die at some moments (Ghost's gig on that "small" stage)

but it would sell ok, first Linkin Park concert with new singer, Slayer's return after six years, and people may be tired of Slipknot on these forums but they always put on a huge crowd

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

even better! not doing DL this year but last year was so rammed that i thought i was going to die at some moments (Ghost's gig on that "small" stage)

but it would sell ok, first Linkin Park concert with new singer, Slayer's return after six years, and people may be tired of Slipknot on these forums but they always put on a huge crowd

Yeah 2023 Download just proved it doesn't have the space for the amount if tickets they called a proper sell out. There is no way this year has sold anywhere as many tickets as they'll never opt for a set of headliners like this year overall again.

5 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Given all the younger hardcore bands dropping out this year, I bet Download play it safe and go for more traditional metal and rock bands next year. 

younger hardcore are insanelly popular among the youth so i wouldn't count on it 

Edited by gabrielomachado