Download 2025

Andre91

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, northernangel said:

It's never going to happen. They had the chance to get them to headline this year and finally landed on those 3 to headline when they didn't need to. Just from my view, the second half of the FOB set was poor in the majority for Download and they booked them on a European I believe festival exclusive as it happened to be over choosing Limp Bizkit. They will also book an often repeated headliner next year.

I’m willing to bet money that Limp Bizkit headline in the future. I’m that confident of it happening after yesterday. 

FOB’s whole set was brilliant and they put on a really worthy headline performance. First hour was unreal and then when they worked their way through the material since they came back in 2013, they picked the big songs that everyone knows. Stage show was great, crowd was massive and super into it. A hugely successful booking that went down a storm. There’s no debate to be had that they weren’t a worthy and excellent headliner on Saturday. 

Edited by Andre91

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m willing to bet money that Limp Bizkit headline in the future. I’m that confident of it happening after yesterday. 

FOB’s whole set was brilliant and they put on a really worthy headline performance. First hour was unreal and then when they worked their way through the material since they came back in 2013, they picked the big songs that everyone knows. Stage show was great, crowd was massive and super into it. A hugely successful booking that went down a storm. There’s no debate to be had that they weren’t a worthy and excellent headliner on Saturday. 

You can bet what you like really, you said the same about Ghost when they were given second stage headliner slot and other bands. A lot of bias I feel even though the festivals booking history doesn't suggest those booking will be made.

You are allowed your opinion obviously for FOB but apart from my songs know what you did in the dark it was a dead set from song 11 in my opinion. I think beyond that song though, they've not done anything greatly worthy since 2007. Clearly the organiser didn't see it as a hugely worthy booking if he ran through 40 options before them.

14 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Download booker Kam Haq has named them as a headliner they want. 

Maybe so, but I'm still not buying them as on that level. Their last UK shows were academy shows. Unless I see that they can go beyond that and be successful here, I don't think they'll top the bill.

As for Bizkit, I'd have thought a spot like this year was perfect for them. They've been doing a similar set for a lot of years now. Why push them up?

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

You can bet what you like really, you said the same about Ghost when they were given second stage headliner slot and other bands. A lot of bias I feel even though the festivals booking history doesn't suggest those booking will be made.

You are allowed your opinion obviously for FOB but apart from my songs know what you did in the dark it was a dead set from song 11 in my opinion. I think beyond that song though, they've not done anything greatly worthy since 2007. Clearly the organiser didn't see it as a hugely worthy booking if he ran through 40 options before them.

Zzzzzzzz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Maybe so, but I'm still not buying them as on that level. Their last UK shows were academy shows. Unless I see that they can go beyond that and be successful here, I don't think they'll top the bill.

As for Bizkit, I'd have thought a spot like this year was perfect for them. They've been doing a similar set for a lot of years now. Why push them up?

They played academy shows because they wanted too. They can sell out arena as they have shown previously on more than 1 occasion. Defo a headliner. Probably a smaller headliner but could easily headline and I hope they do one day. Would be incredible. 

On 6/16/2024 at 8:18 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2022 was about 85000 overall? Which would be around the same or slightly more than this year. I wasn't there in 2002 but reports I heard was that it was Biffy who had a small crowd whereas Maiden's was normal for a headliner.

I think it was less, more like 60/75.000 (for Maiden, for Biffy it was probably below 40k). Still, for a crowd like that Copping can't play Iron Maiden that much. 

Gimme this and I'll probably give you some money. I know a sh*t load will be out of position, but this is what I think makes sense. 

MAIN
Slipknot - Slayer - Lamb of God

Ghost - Smashing Pumpkins - Opeth

Iron Maiden - Sleep Token - Volbeat

SECOND

Jimmy Eat World- Alkaline Trio - Pennywise

Gojira - Black Veil Brides - Polaris 

Turnstile - Knocked Loose - DRAIN

Edit: Forgot that Slayer was a thing. Can't see them not being booked now they're back around, unless Bloodstock has them.

Edited by Gejonimo

On 6/16/2024 at 7:18 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2022 was about 85000 overall? Which would be around the same or slightly more than this year. I wasn't there in 2002 but reports I heard was that it was Biffy who had a small crowd whereas Maiden's was normal for a headliner.

As for Rammstein, it seems like they have pretty much committed to touring every summer at the mo and I deffo think they will do fests again as a break from stadiums. They did in the past state their plan was stadiums then feats but that was pre-covid, I'm sure on updates since then.

They sold 55k camping and arena only tickets in 2022, but loads of Saturday day tickets for Maiden which massively boosted the sales over the weekend. I'd say this year was the busiest, discounting last year, for quite a while. 40,000 weekend ticket sales is the break even number.

On Rammstein, their plan was to do festivals this summer and retire their current stage, but everyone dropped them because of the Till allegations. Hellfest, Download, Graspop, Nova Rock and Rock AM/IM all had them and the stadium tour was their back up option.

8 hours ago, foolee said:

They played academy shows because they wanted too. They can sell out arena as they have shown previously on more than 1 occasion. Defo a headliner. Probably a smaller headliner but could easily headline and I hope they do one day. Would be incredible. 

Only as a co-headliner though.

3 hours ago, Galactus said:

Why do you get immature whenever somebody doesn't agree with you? 😂

Because that's him! Never ever have a debate against something that he likes, especially Download lol. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

They sold 55k camping and arena only tickets in 2022, but loads of Saturday day tickets for Maiden which massively boosted the sales over the weekend. I'd say this year was the busiest, discounting last year, for quite a while. 40,000 weekend ticket sales is the break even number.

On Rammstein, their plan was to do festivals this summer and retire their current stage, but everyone dropped them because of the Till allegations. Hellfest, Download, Graspop, Nova Rock and Rock AM/IM all had them and the stadium tour was their back up option.

If it is true, now that all Till allegations led to nothing, legally speaking, can they be back on festival circuit next year you are they arsed with the promoters?

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

Gimme this and I'll probably give you some money. I know a sh*t load will be out of position, but this is what I think makes sense. 

MAIN
Slipknot - Slayer - Lamb of God

Ghost - Smashing Pumpkins - Opeth

Iron Maiden - Sleep Token - Volbeat

SECOND

Jimmy Eat World- Alkaline Trio - Pennywise

Gojira - Black Veil Brides - Polaris 

Turnstile - Knocked Loose - DRAIN

Edit: Forgot that Slayer was a thing. Can't see them not being booked now they're back around, unless Bloodstock has them.

Ghost 100% out, they are doing their own shows and no Download.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RedJosh said:

So that's basically rule out Iron Maiden returning to Download. No way they would book and pay them for such a "small" crowd. 

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I feel like Iron Maiden and Sleep Token are bound to be two of the three. Just sense that the 50th anniversary will be used

I don't see any sense in Maiden celebrating such a milestone in their carreer with just another appeareance at Donington, especially when fewer and fewer people are interesting in seeing them at the festival. It makes no sense for Copping either: Maiden is expensive, why would he pay that much when he can do bigger numbers paying way less (if he's not calling Metallica or Rammstein)? 

LOL. As if Iron Maiden wouldn’t be worth booking. They’ll always pull a crowd. They’re Iron Maiden. I kind of hope they do headline the Sunday next year so I can clear off home well before they start. Nice early night. 

19 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

NIN wanted to do those shows plus they also sold out 2 nights at the Eden sessions in Cornwall. They have a massive fanbase and haven't played Download before, if your not into them then fair enough but a lot of people are. 

11 hours ago, foolee said:

Exactly.

3 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Ah fair enough.

Given that Till has been cleared of the allegations (and the police reports really did exonerate him....the main accuser really doesn't come off well) I reckon all the festivals will want them next year if they are gonna tour. 

54 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I feel like Iron Maiden and Sleep Token are bound to be two of the three. Just sense that the 50th anniversary will be used, and Sleep Token's tour is well positioned for the return in the summer.

I still feel they won't bump Sleep Token just yet. I view them at the same level as Ghost were last year. Headlining second or subbing main feels like the right move, then headline next time.