Download 2025

Andre91

Obviously really sucks that Pearl Jam had to cancel their London show, and feel gutted for anyone that was planning to go. Noteable they said it won't be rescheduled - implies they won't be doing their own shows in the UK next year. Given they are touring a newly released album does make me wonder if there are doing fests. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Obviously really sucks that Pearl Jam had to cancel their London show, and feel gutted for anyone that was planning to go. Noteable they said it won't be rescheduled - implies they won't be doing their own shows in the UK next year. Given they are touring a newly released album does make me wonder if there are doing fests. 

British Summertime maybe?

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

They did that last time they did a UK festival though. I know Download want them they've been vocal about it and obvs nearly had them in 2013. 

Maybe they’ll get them for 2025 then. I’d love that personally. 

On 6/29/2024 at 1:51 PM, Andre91 said:

Can’t see Pearl Jam ever playing Download now. They’ve been booked twice and pulled out last minute. If they wanted to, they would have done so by now. 

I know they were booked in 2013 but when was the other time?

Went to see Pearl Jam on Saturday in Barcelona and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.  Outstanding band .

On another note, I normally stay in the Premier Inn Derby for DL.  I normally have to pay around £300 for 4 nights but they've decided to rip everyone off and price it at nearly £600 for Fri-Mon.  Not a chance I'm paying that and I'm not camping so looks like me and DL are finished.   

23 hours ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

Prediction based off rumours, who's got new music, who's expected to tour and who always play Download every couple of years. Few placements probably off but wouldn't be surprised to see a good chunk of these on the bill next year

DL25 prediction.jpg

This is pretty good! 

Only thing that’s definitely wrong is that Nightwish aren’t going to be touring their new album unfortunately so they won’t be there.

Slipknot / Korn / Spiritbox / In Flames

Iron Maiden / Falling In Reserve / Black Stone Cherry / Alestorm 

Rammstein / Halestorm / I Prevail / Black Veil Brides 

Second stage:

Architects / Rise Against

Lamb Of God / Mastodon 

A Day To Remember / Mudvayne

Just for the purely 90s feel, how about Limp Bizkit headlining with Korn playing before them. Turnstile is a must.  And, I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden so would not be fussed one bit about them not playing (again).  

9 hours ago, Matt0768 said:

Just for the purely 90s feel, how about Limp Bizkit headlining with Korn playing before them. Turnstile is a must.  And, I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden so would not be fussed one bit about them not playing (again).  

Would love that but wouldn't be next year with LB playing this year in a big slot, not sure if Download will wait or get Korn in for next year though after their Gunnersbury show this August.

Same here on Maiden, if they have to play give them Sunday night so I can leave early again!

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Slipknot have to be favourites to play given the other feet dates they already have booked, and next year is Iron Maiden's 50th anniversary. So after that it really is about who is available. 

Slipknot and Maiden I'd say are both 90% nailed on. 

For the third I'd say it's a toss-up of a three-faced coin for a new headliner - Sleep Token, Korn, Green Day.

I wouldn’t be so sure that Maiden are nailed on. Kam (DL’s #2 behind Copping) was on a podcast around the time of this year’s festival and when asked if they had the three headliners signed up yet, he said none of them yet but they had offers out. Download have never shied away from saying they’ve got X amount of headliners signed up for the following year when staff have appeared on podcasts before. Bands like Iron Maiden plan their cycles out years in advance; they’re not going to be a band that stalls on confirmation.

I’m going Sleep Token, AC/DC & Slipknot. 

On 7/22/2024 at 12:39 PM, Andre91 said:

Kam (DL’s #2 behind Copping) was on a podcast around the time of this year’s festival and when asked if they had the three headliners signed up yet, he said none of them yet but they had offers out

Actually they had 2 headliners almost ready by the end of 2023: https://hellorayo.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/andy-copping-download-festival-2025/

"“A couple of the acts we were talking about for 2024 (said) ‘no, no, we’re not here until 2025’ "

"Later in the chat, Copping said he would still consider booking more established acts in the future, explaining: “There are certain bands that I feel transcend ‘heritage’ if you like.

“I think Metallica fall into that. I think Iron Maiden fall into that category."

• Upvote 1