Download 2025

Andre91

40 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

My money is on Ghost, Slipknot and Maiden for the main stage.

Mine would be if there wasn't a strong rumour of Ghost doing their own shows. But I think that would be a solid headliner set, I'd deffo enjoy that. Bands like Korn and Deftones hopefully should be around to sub too. 

2 hours ago, willsmith700 said:

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Mine would be if there wasn't a strong rumour of Ghost doing their own shows. But I think that would be a solid headliner set, I'd deffo enjoy that. Bands like Korn and Deftones hopefully should be around to sub too. 

I cannot see past Slipknot and Maiden being two of them. If SOAD returned and played too then I'd have to return for the weekend.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I cannot see past Slipknot and Maiden being two of them. If SOAD returned and played too then I'd have to return for the weekend.

SOAD would be amazing. Admittedly, I've heard mixed things about their recent shows, but I'd love to box off another set and see them again. Serj has gone on record recently saying he would be willing to do occasional "one off" festival sets in the future. I would likely attend / travel (within Europe) wherever they end up playing next summer.

Edited by willsmith700
typo
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

They headlined second stage at Download a couple year back, despite their arena tour? If I remember rightly. Similarly, QOTSA did an arena run of dates and a second batch of UK dates (Halifax, Stockton etc) in the run up to their headline set at Download. So, it doesn't always rule someone out.

21 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

They headlined second stage at Download a couple year back, despite their arena tour? If I remember rightly. Similarly, QOTSA did an arena run of dates and a second batch of UK dates (Halifax, Stockton etc) in the run up to their headline set at Download. So, it doesn't always rule someone out.

Download have a rule that Headliners aren't allowed to do their own shows 6 months either side of the fest. QOTSA and FOB's UK arena dates were both autumn 2023 therefore not in same year as Download 2024. 

4 hours ago, willsmith700 said:

Ghost are 100% out, Andy told me and a few mates at DL this year before Avenged came on, he said he asked them but they are doing their own shows instead, maybe 26 he said.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, willsmith700 said:

SOAD would be amazing. Admittedly, I've heard mixed things about their recent shows, but I'd love to box off another set and see them again. Serj has gone on record recently saying he would be willing to do occasional "one off" festival sets in the future. I would likely attend / travel (within Europe) wherever they end up playing next summer.

Yeah I feel for Serj it would probably be American fests where the $$$ would come in. I can't see him being bothered to travel over to Europe for long enough and enough dates to make it worthit because as said at this point he's going through the motions. He plays that Vegas Festival, Sick New World?, twice in a row because the money is there. It is also like a few hours from his second home. I wouldgo as far as to say that if when RAR announce their first wave and they can't get them for their 40th anniversary then forget it lol

On 7/29/2024 at 5:34 PM, northernangel said:

ADTR playing June 24th has to make them likely to be at Download.

I dunno that's odd timing given Download is 13th-15th. Would mean coming back to UK after leaving. 

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, that’s one of the subs sorted, I think. 

I think Second stage headlines if they do it this time. 

10 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I dunno that's odd timing given Download is 13th-15th. Would mean coming back to UK after leaving. 

I think Second stage headlines if they do it this time. 

I don't see an issue with doing Download and being somewhere like France later in the month where it's only a trip across the pond.

They won't be second stage headliners, that's a 3rd down main stage booking and they won't be.

I think ADTR, Korn and Deftones/Slayer isn't a bad stab at subs at all.

51 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I don't see an issue with doing Download and being somewhere like France later in the month where it's only a trip across the pond.

They won't be second stage headliners, that's a 3rd down main stage booking and they won't be.

I think ADTR, Korn and Deftones/Slayer isn't a bad stab at subs at all.

It's just odd for a band to come to the UK, leave, then come back a week later. Given visa and transport cost issues. But maybe. 

Second stage headliner varies, can be equal to main stage sub.

I think if they can get Korn, Deftones and Slayer then those are the main 3 subs so ADTR do second stage headliner. I think you have to chuck Judas Priest in the sub mix too (especially if Iron Maiden play). 

Imagine the combos of:

Slipknot - Korn

Iron Maiden - Judas Priest 

SOAD - Deftones

That would sell shed loads. ADTR would be an obvs second stage headliner, and then I still think Sleep Token do that before main (same route as Ghost appear to be taking). Architects another second stage headliner if touring maybe?

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

It's just odd for a band to come to the UK, leave, then come back a week later. Given visa and transport cost issues. But maybe. 

Second stage headliner varies, can be equal to main stage sub.

I think if they can get Korn, Deftones and Slayer then those are the main 3 subs so ADTR do second stage headliner. I think you have to chuck Judas Priest in the sub mix too (especially if Iron Maiden play). 

Imagine the combos of:

Slipknot - Korn

Iron Maiden - Judas Priest 

SOAD - Deftones

That would sell shed loads. ADTR would be an obvs second stage headliner, and then I still think Sleep Token do that before main (same route as Ghost appear to be taking). Architects another second stage headliner if touring maybe?

I think it might be a case of can't get them all but I think ADTR are there due to only having got a small london date. To be honest I've seen stadium acts start in England and then return later on. I think if ADTR were doing Slam Dunk that late date wouldn't be there. In hints for me very much of they are apart of a much bigger lineup to sell.

Judging by history, I'm going to say Slayer, Korn and ADTR. Deftones don't play Download all that often, there is usually decent gaps in size.

I wouldn’t be too shocked to see ADTR drop to third down Main or (more likely) Second Stage headliner, either. 

I don’t think Slayer will be over. Tom Araya isn’t getting out of bed for less them 7 figures and Download is dropping £1m+ on them. 

Deftones is a weird one. They don’t tour over here outside of subbing Download every 5/6 years and there’s no indication they’ll be coming to Europe so I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t on the lineup. 

Sleep Token are headlining the Main Stage next year, they’re not subbing or headlining Second Stage. 

Based on everything, a sub trio mix of ADTR, Korn and Judas Priest seems plausible. I get ADTR might not be as big as they were but similarly if they were only getting 3rd down then I'd be announcing more shows. 3rd down means less time meaning less money. It just reminds me of when they did a couple of shows over here last time they played. I do think having two subs a headliner from only 2022 would be poor but that is what Download does. Deftones as well would make it all 3 subs back even if ADTR didn't sub. I don't know about Slayer fees but probably right. I don't really know with Download lower than sub. 

If they can booked this year's, they can book Sleep Token with Knot and Maiden. Knot again though for me is the biggest case of just phoning it in. He'll book them whoever they want and are available.

19 hours ago, northernangel said:

Based on everything, a sub trio mix of ADTR, Korn and Judas Priest seems plausible. I get ADTR might not be as big as they were but similarly if they were only getting 3rd down then I'd be announcing more shows. 3rd down means less time meaning less money. It just reminds me of when they did a couple of shows over here last time they played. I do think having two subs a headliner from only 2022 would be poor but that is what Download does. Deftones as well would make it all 3 subs back even if ADTR didn't sub. I don't know about Slayer fees but probably right. I don't really know with Download lower than sub. 

If they can booked this year's, they can book Sleep Token with Knot and Maiden. Knot again though for me is the biggest case of just phoning it in. He'll book them whoever they want and are available.

Sleep Token - Iron Maiden - Slipknot

A Day To Remember - Judas Priest - Korn

Would be boring af but could defo see it happening 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

Sleep Token - Iron Maiden - Slipknot

A Day To Remember - Judas Priest - Korn

Would be boring af but could defo see it happening 

Yeah I'd say that's about on the money. Thing is if they're already getting Knot and Maiden back after 2 and 3 years and at least one sub after 3 years ago then you know it's just a standard repeat Download. There is no way unless the capacity is reduced they are going to book a Queens, FOB and A7X again...which was a result of 40 acts having been asked. If you as a promoter are getting that many no's then take it on board and realise you aren't the booker/promoter you believe you are. I get bands choosing not to tour their year or saying no but that's not the reason for them all...they obviously have a reason they don't want to as well.

Basically stop promoting the festival as the premier rock festival while doing everything in your power every 2/3 years to book metal. Andy is too much of a bloke of...if you challenge me or go against what I say and think I'll f**k you off some way or ignore you. 

Aerosmith have officially announced they are retiring and have cancelled all upcoming shows. Not that they were really in contention for 2025 but won’t be long before we see even more of the classic headliners call it a day. 

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/aerosmith-announce-retirement-from-touring-following-steven-tyler-injury-451728?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1ViTQuzbMm3HcsIcnw9t65bh3f92TUtbNEwbhhSdQUw3IbLliBXtrdX2Q_aem_C6vRXuuWgJm2kSDirZJGwQ

Edited by FeverDream

6 hours ago, Ausländer said:

With Marilyn Manson being back on tour I would say he is a strong contender for next year

Hell no. I know Download got Pantera but I doubt they'd be as foolish as to book him again. I used to be a fan but since everything came out no way.