Download 2025

Andre91

6 minutes ago, panda97 said:

First Bloodstock announcement, they usually tend to do a lot of exclusives so could see this ruling a few of these out 

4m8relx3vohd1.jpeg

Creeper at Bloodstock is wild. Headliners are awesome. Defo think that rules Trivium, Machine Head (for obvious reasons) and Gojira. Would’ve potentially expected them too. Could actually take a few tickets from Download unless they decide to announce super early. Great idea to announce bands at this fest though. 

On 8/9/2024 at 8:48 PM, foolee said:

Creeper at Bloodstock is wild. Headliners are awesome. Defo think that rules Trivium, Machine Head (for obvious reasons) and Gojira. Would’ve potentially expected them too. Could actually take a few tickets from Download unless they decide to announce super early. Great idea to announce bands at this fest though. 

speaking of Bloodstock…I can’t see Architects subbing Download again. Not a particularly inspiring show at Bloodstock. 

5 hours ago, JimMacVeigh said:

speaking of Bloodstock…I can’t see Architects subbing Download again. Not a particularly inspiring show at Bloodstock. 

They’ll get stuck in that loop of perennial sub like ADTR for a while, I think. No chance they headline. 

4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

KoRn more than proved why they could/should headline Download last night. Amazing show and I and the rest of the crowd loved it. 

I know the argument is why have KoRn headline when you can get a bigger headliner AND KoRn as a sub but I think they’ve paid their dues and would draw people in. Nu Metal has made an insane comeback and I think both KoRn and Bizkit should be viewed as headliners going forward. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They’ll get stuck in that loop of perennial sub like ADTR for a while, I think. No chance they headline. 

Maybe. I think with that last album, they sh*t the bed and killed their momentum. They were on the cusp and yeah…that’s just my opinion. Let’s see!! Maybe they will be a permanent sub but I think they might fall down the lineup a touch. 

Also, fully agree on Korn for headlining download. They headlined Download Paris in 2016 and were phenomenal. This needs to happen in 2025.

Korn could put on a good headline show but so can so many other bands. I love Korn and they were amazing Sunday but I can't see that many people would buy a Download ticket just for them. They're an amazing sub headliner too so I'm happy just having them there!

29 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Korn could put on a good headline show but so can so many other bands. I love Korn and they were amazing Sunday but I can't see that many people would buy a Download ticket just for them. They're an amazing sub headliner too so I'm happy just having them there!

they just sold 25/30K tickets for that London show…I think they’d be alright as a headliner. People would flock again, especially with a stacked day. 

On 8/9/2024 at 8:48 PM, foolee said:

Creeper at Bloodstock is wild.

Thought that too. But Flogging Molly raised my eyebrows more than this one did.

I want to see this every year. Taking Back Sunday hitting the undercard next year.

39 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

they just sold 25/30K tickets for that London show…I think they’d be alright as a headliner. People would flock again, especially with a stacked day. 

For 70 quid though, day tickets for Download are a lot more. I love Korn and want them booked but would rather a band on their way up got the nudge instead and Korn kept on being a really reliable subheadliner

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

For 70 quid though, day tickets for Download are a lot more. I love Korn and want them booked but would rather a band on their way up got the nudge instead and Korn kept on being a really reliable subheadliner

Bands should earn the headliner spot not just being bumped up for the sake of it. Korn deserve to headline, and they have the fanbase and the songs to do it. These new and upcoming bands should work their way up by headlining the smaller fests and being sub/second stage headliner at Download first before they make the leap. Ghost are an obvious example of a band that has done this and are primed to headline next time they play. But who else other than Sleep Token would actually draw as big a crowd as Korn? 

Edited by Spiral_Low

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Bands should earn the headliner spot not just being bumped up for the sake of it. Korn deserve to headline, and they have the fanbase and the songs to do it. These new and upcoming bands should work their way up by headlining the smaller fests and being sub/second stage headliner at Download first before they make the leap. Ghost are an obvious example of a band that has done this and are primed to headline next time they play. But who else other than Sleep Token would actually draw as big a crowd as Korn? 

Never said bands should just get handed it but just handing it to Korn for just being around long enough would feel like desperation. For example, if the rumours that Sleep Token rejected an offer to headline because it was too low are true then it might open the door for a band like Korn to step up but it would feel like they were in the right place in the right time! Korn have sold a good few tickets recently but the price was lower and they hadn't done their own shows in the UK since 2017 so the demand was there.

I might be wrong but appears we'll have to agree to disagree! Neither of us is gonna be making the decision! If they do ever get handed the headline slot then I'll be down the front for sure but I'd be more than happy with a subheadline spot

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Never said bands should just get handed it but just handing it to Korn for just being around long enough would feel like desperation. For example, if the rumours that Sleep Token rejected an offer to headline because it was too low are true then it might open the door for a band like Korn to step up but it would feel like they were in the right place in the right time! Korn have sold a good few tickets recently but the price was lower and they hadn't done their own shows in the UK since 2017 so the demand was there.

I might be wrong but appears we'll have to agree to disagree! Neither of us is gonna be making the decision! If they do ever get handed the headline slot then I'll be down the front for sure but I'd be more than happy with a subheadline spot

where did that rumour about sleep token appear, that's the first time I've heard about it?

16 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

Fine to agree to disagree, I'm just curious who you think should get the bump up? Ghost and Sleep Token are the 2 we all know will at some point, but no else seems ready. Architects seem to have damaged their chances from what's being said about Bloodstock. Gojira would be great but they don't have the mass appeal that Korn do. 

Nothing to do with anything really, ive just got Bloodstock tickets and at £400 for a VIP ticket thats nigh on the cost of a standard weekend ticket at Download with parking etc - and i absolutely 100% guarantee there wont be two headliners better than Machine Head and Gojira. Interested to compare the two festivals though, in terms of price/vibe/how easy it is on the feet etc! 

42 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

One single person on the Download forums said that they’d ’heard it from a reliable source’ and, with the shortage of any other rumours, it’s been taken as fact ha ha.

saw that and its presumed by many that they don't have enough money left to book them after booking a large headline act

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Drawing a crowd on the day and selling enough tickets to justify headlining are two different things though.

And Korn just sold out Gunnersbury Park so go on, tell me which of the newer bands can do that? Sleep Token yes, Ghost yes, and then?