56 minutes ago, foolee said:

Expensive and pretty big get to me suggests one of the following

Pearl Jam

Green Day

Foo Fighters

Blink-182

MCR

Linkin Park

I’d also maybe rule out Green Day and Blink from that because IOW got GD last year and R&L got Blink so not necessarily hard bands to book. PJ, FFs, MCR & LP would all be pretty big gets being either massive bands that haven’t done download that they’ve wanted for a while and MCR/LP since they’ve not done/doing anything in the Europe recently. 

Is this based off knowledge of LP touring again?

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Expensive and pretty big get to me suggests one of the following

Pearl Jam

Green Day

Foo Fighters

Blink-182

MCR

Linkin Park

I’d also maybe rule out Green Day and Blink from that because IOW got GD last year and R&L got Blink so not necessarily hard bands to book. PJ, FFs, MCR & LP would all be pretty big gets being either massive bands that haven’t done download that they’ve wanted for a while and MCR/LP since they’ve not done/doing anything in the Europe recently. 

Add Muse to your list

2 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

Is this based off knowledge of LP touring again?

Nah, just rumours/whispers.

1 hour ago, RedJosh said:

Add Muse to your list

I really don’t see how Muse can be classed as a “pretty big get”, they’re always playing live/festivals, touring most of the time, everyone who wants to see them would’ve and they’ve headlined Download before. Just doesn’t scream expensive, big get and encouraging the festival to have a 3rd headliner that is cheaper. 

Ooooh I think it's going to be Green Day. The Saviors tour continues into next year in other parts of the world and they could add a second leg in Europe to fit in with a UK festival. They never played Glastonbury before and speculation is that they are too expensive. I did wonder if Download might be a possibility. 

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Pearl Jam subbed by Pixies is my wet dream for Download

I once went to Rock Werchter and they released the stage times and clashes and they were on at the same time. Terrible decision we had to make. 

4 hours ago, foolee said:

I really don’t see how Muse can be classed as a “pretty big get”, they’re always playing live/festivals, touring most of the time, everyone who wants to see them would’ve and they’ve headlined Download before. Just doesn’t scream expensive, big get and encouraging the festival to have a 3rd headliner that is cheaper. 

For Download it would be and by the time Download comes around in the last 6 years in UK they would have played:

IOW and some charity shows in a couple of small venues in 2022

4 outdoor and 3 arena shows in 2023

By the time Download comes around it will be 10 years since they last played Download, 9 since Glastonbury and 8 since R+L next year (their last UK festival appearance other than IOW).

You could make exactly the same argument that both Green Day and Blink who you are considering to be 'pretty big gets' for Download only difference is that they haven't played Download before. Green Day will also have played IOW and 6 outdoor shows in that time, while Blink will have done R+L and seven arena shows. Yes, because neither have played the festival before you could say they are more impressive, but that doesn't mean Muse wouldn't be.

Plus don't read too much into DL are looking for a cheaper headliner to compensate for someone. They were in discussions with 4 headliners in June. Could just be that there are 2 big gets on the bill along with a safe Download band.

13 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

Just caught up with the forums and want to clarify the wording. "Massive band" is being quoted to me which I never said and would only allocate to very few bands. My wording was "expensive" and that it would be a "pretty big get" for the festival. If it turns out to be true and they do sign on then very few will be able to disagree with either of those statements!

Pearl Jam. Or Foo Fighters. But probably Pearl Jam..

10 hours ago, RedJosh said:

For Download it would be and by the time Download comes around in the last 6 years in UK they would have played:

IOW and some charity shows in a couple of small venues in 2022

4 outdoor and 3 arena shows in 2023

By the time Download comes around it will be 10 years since they last played Download, 9 since Glastonbury and 8 since R+L next year (their last UK festival appearance other than IOW).

You could make exactly the same argument that both Green Day and Blink who you are considering to be 'pretty big gets' for Download only difference is that they haven't played Download before. Green Day will also have played IOW and 6 outdoor shows in that time, while Blink will have done R+L and seven arena shows. Yes, because neither have played the festival before you could say they are more impressive, but that doesn't mean Muse wouldn't be.

Plus don't read too much into DL are looking for a cheaper headliner to compensate for someone. They were in discussions with 4 headliners in June. Could just be that there are 2 big gets on the bill along with a safe Download band.

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t see them in that category. I don’t think the majority of fans would be like wow, what a big get for the festival. Especially as there musical output has consistently gone downhill since black holes. A “big get” screams a band that haven’t done Download before or a rarity. 

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t see them in that category. I don’t think the majority of fans would be like wow, what a big get for the festival. Especially as there musical output has consistently gone downhill since black holes. A “big get” screams a band that haven’t done Download before or a rarity. 

This is highly debatable, quality of music aside Muse are still one of the most sought after live bands in the world. Plus they’re stadium level which makes them big by definition.

6 hours ago, Siddey1994 said:

This is highly debatable, quality of music aside Muse are still one of the most sought after live bands in the world. Plus they’re stadium level which makes them big by definition.

6 hours ago, Siddey1994 said:

Plus you said “a rarity” lol Muse have played Download once and played like 7 shows in the UK since 2020? I’d say that’s rare enough lol

Not saying they aren’t big, of course they’re a massive band but if Download announced Muse I can’t see many people going wow, what a big/impressive booking that is. It doesn’t give the same impression that a Green Day/Blink/Pearl Jam etc. would.

2 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

RAR/RIP first bands on wednesday 28th. 

IMG_9879.webp

Day after Blink-182s tour dates finish, coincidence? We’ll find out soon. If Blink get announced Wednesday for Rock Am Ring/Im Park I’d bank on them and Slipknot as two of the headliners. 

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Day after Blink-182s tour dates finish, coincidence? We’ll find out soon. If Blink get announced Wednesday for Rock Am Ring/Im Park I’d bank on them and Slipknot as two of the headliners. 

The rumour is that the headliner they are announcing is Korn.

3 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Where’s that rumour come from? Any other rumours?

From someone on the DL forums who is also on the Rock AM/IM forums. The organisers drop hints on the forum when they are going to announce the line-up and they mentioned 'corn' 4 times in the post saying that they are announcing a headliner. Also hints to A Day to Remember playing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedJosh said:

From someone on the DL forums who is also on the Rock AM/IM forums. The organisers drop hints on the forum when they are going to announce the line-up and they mentioned 'corn' 4 times in the post saying that they are announcing a headliner. Also hints to A Day to Remember playing.

I know Korn are a big band but Korn as a headliner for Rock Am Ring screams another quiet touring year. 

Surely they won't have slipknot headlining again so soon after they did it last year. I was thinking bring me could be one because of the finally released album this year but I would expect them to do another UK tour now it's been released. 

I said it this year and couldn't have been more wrong but my chemical romance Surely have to play it feels too massive not to have them 

14 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Download headliners: 

Korn, Iron Maiden, Slipknot 

Subs: Cypress Hill, Judas Priest, Deftones

Third down: Spiritbox, Alice In Chains, Papa Roach

Second stage headliners:

ADTR, Falling In Reverse, I Prevail

39 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Download headliners: 

Korn, Iron Maiden, Slipknot 

Subs: Cypress Hill, Judas Priest, Deftones

Third down: Spiritbox, Alice In Chains, Papa Roach

Second stage headliners:

ADTR, Falling In Reverse, I Prevail

This wouldn’t surprise me but I’m out. 

5 hours ago, foolee said:

This wouldn’t surprise me but I’m out. 

TBF the main stage is heavily biased towards what I'd like. But I've also tried to reflect the current metalcore trend and honesty if you are Download then ya need to balance the different fan groups...saw it this year where Pantera and Machine Head headed second so I'm thinking if main is more standard metal in 2025 then second gets the metalcore bands. 

Personally I want to do 1 fest next year....Bloodstock opened strong for me but logistics wise Arctangent is easiest so I'm waiting to see what they get. But if Download did that then that would very much tempt me....

Added factor in these predictions is expect as least one of the big nu-metal or similar bands to do Gunnersbury park. It's working really well for them there and when you've got a good money making thing going I'm sure it will continue if bands are available.

Korn and Limp Bizkit done Gunnersbury already....maybe Deftones next year? I could envision a double header of Deftones and Incubus doing it. Or NIN, with decent supports that would sell. Sure there are other options too....I noticed Within Temptation doing August fests but not on Bloodstock line up so wouldn't be surprised if they rock up at Gunnersbury as a support band. 

Throw SOAD into this mix as well, recent comments suggest they might venture to Europe for a handful of gigs.