Download 2025

Andre91

It’s not Linkin Park without Chester. 

Yeah, I know people said the same about Pantera without the Abbott Bros. but it still sounds like Pantera because it’s still Phil’s voice. 

No matter who LP get, it isn’t going to sound the same. 

I’m not interested either way as I don’t really like Linkin Park and wouldn’t be fussed about seeing them if Chester was still around.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I know people said the same about Pantera without the Abbott Bros. but it still sounds like Pantera because it’s still Phil’s voice. 

I’m not interested either way as I don’t really like Linkin Park and wouldn’t be fussed about seeing them if Chester was still around.

Whenever I mentioned Prodigy to anyone at Leeds this weekend I always got the same response - it’s not Prodigy without Keith. I think it worked but in most cases it doesn’t.

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think it's completely fine that this is the case. I don't know anyone who is excited for Linkin Park coming back who actually wants someone to try and imitate or sound similar to Chester. It's better they go in a new direction to separate the two eras, and having a female vocalist makes a hell of a lot of sense. 

Linkin Park fans are very much Linkin Park fans, not just Chester Bennington fans. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

BMTH, Slipknot and Sleep Token confirmed for RaR/RiP. Interestingly Sleep Token billed as only European shows… (not on the graphic, but on the announcement post).

IMG_2302.jpeg

Surely Biffy won’t be doing Download next year? Slipknot looking likely now.

6 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

BMTH, Slipknot and Sleep Token confirmed for RaR/RiP. Interestingly Sleep Token billed as only European shows… (not on the graphic, but on the announcement post).

IMG_2302.jpeg

Was it the same for BMTH? If so only adds Biffy as a potential and can’t see them back. 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Was it the same for BMTH? If so only adds Biffy as a potential and can’t see them back. 

Yeah BMTH Europe exclusive too.

2 minutes ago, BrutalLegend said:

Surely Biffy won’t be doing Download next year? Slipknot looking likely now.

Not even sure on Biffy placement at RaR and RiP, surely not headliners? And I say that as their biggest fan!

I don’t think Biffy will be back headlining until after a new album. Having said that, I’d absolutely be down for a Biffy throwback set in the Avalanche doing essentially a 1hr version of their October tour this year. Though that is absolutely 100% wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, BrutalLegend said:

@Judas Yeast Biffy a name you heard for next year?

Rumours Sleep Token rejected Download wasn’t it? Maybe to do the double showing at Rock am Ring instead.

Blink

Linkin Park 

Slipknot 

Biffy haven't been mentioned at all, can't see it being them tbh but if it does get to a point where they're desperate for a headliner, who knows

Just now, FeverDream said:

I don’t think Biffy will be back headlining until after a new album. Having said that, I’d absolutely be down for a Biffy throwback set in the Avalanche doing essentially a 1hr version of their October tour this year. Though that is absolutely 100% wishful thinking.

New Biffy album is supposedly next year. I’d expect they would have been planning something like Glasgow Green or Bellahouston Park as their big kick off show for the new album but they’re the type that Download will turn to for a safe option if they miss out on their first choices.

7 minutes ago, King101 said:

New Biffy album is supposedly next year. I’d expect they would have been planning something like Glasgow Green or Bellahouston Park as their big kick off show for the new album but they’re the type that Download will turn to for a safe option if they miss out on their first choices.

That’s true. I just hope the undercard is more forgiving towards them in future - something akin to the QOTSA day this year. Didn’t make sense in ‘17 or ‘22!

FRIDAY

Apex: MUSE / Korn / Bad Omens

Opus: Lamb of God / Mastodon

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Chimaira
_____
SATURDAY

Apex: LINKIN PARK / Deftones / Spiritbox

Opus: Slayer / Lorna Shore

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Whitechapel
_____
SUNDAY

Apex: SLIPKNOT / Falling In Reverse / Till Lindemann

Opus: A Day To Remember / Electric Callboy

Avalanche: Pennywise

Dogtooth: Kreator

11 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If BMTH are a European Festival exclusive does that open the door to them doing their own UK outdoor thing? Can’t see Oli travelling over from Brazil just for two dates.

2 day Knotfest weekend after Download would be cool and then open up another headliner over Slipknot but it won’t happen. 

16 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If BMTH are a European Festival exclusive does that open the door to them doing their own UK outdoor thing? Can’t see Oli travelling over from Brazil just for two dates.

It doesn’t say “festival exclusive” it says “only European concerts in 2025”. Feels pretty cut and dry as a statement to me and would rule out a UK headline show 

Biffy Clyro would be disappointing, and I say that as a man who saw their show in Halifax the other week and proclaimed it a five-star affair to anybody who would listen.

But I'd love to have them take this year's October celebrations and play an hour set drawn heavily from the first three records.

All the Way Down: Prologue Chapter 1 
Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies
Joy.Discovery.Invention
Questions and Answers 
5 That Golden Rule
7 My Recovery Injection
Toys, Toys, Toys, Choke, Toys, Toys, Toys
Saturday Superhouse
10 Glitter and Trauma
11 Justboy
12 There's No Such Thing as a Jaggy Snake
13 Bubbles

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Linkin Park (European exclusive) 

Blink-182 (with Tom) 

Slipknot (playing the debut) 

Makes it look decent for DL, imo. 

To be fair, that's strong enough.

Fumbled Sleep Token still, I'd argue, especially if they were to suddenly hit a commercial ceiling or wall.

Honestly don't even know which way I'm leaning given the ST news. You're a numpty, Copping. 

Something in my bones just says LP won't be there because they'll want a big tour and Download will try to restrict them too much. Slipknot unfortunately seem inevitable at this point which is insanely stale, as with Maiden. Think AC/DC and Foos are firmly out. 

Green Day / Iron Maiden / Slipknot

Muse / Iron Maiden / Slipknot

blink-182 / Iron Maiden / Slipknot 

One of those, it's super boring on paper but looks massive compared to this year and will sell plenty.