Download 2025

Andre91

Sleep Token is the biggest fumble since BMTH in 2016. I know it worked out in the end but it took far too long. 

The only thing I can think is that Sleep Token have been promised a headline slot either in 2026 or 2027 when they’ve completed their next album and will use it as the launch for that cycle. 

Massive arena tour this winter, leaving thousands upon thousands wanting more, going away to write an album and coming back in 2026 to headline Download and start the next chapter. 

It says a lot about Download if they have fumbled Sleep Token and we end up with Slipknot and Maiden. I really thought this year’s festival was a fresh change having 2 rather un-Download like bands taking the top spot. Having said that, I’m not entirely sure they even wanted FOB or QOSTA… I seem to remember seeing here (or in an article) they had approached 14 bands and perhaps settled on all they could get.

Just playing Devil's advocate as I have a catch up with these forums; I know it's really easy to blame the festival for not putting on something you want (I do it nearly every other post on this site) but if RaR/RiP have thrown money to get Sleep Token as an exclusive then sometimes you just can't compete. I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that they've fumbled ST until we see what they actually put forward.

Hopefully it's because the money is being used elsewhere for something equally as interesting as I think Download are on a decent streak of trying something a bit different these days. Exciting times for speculation

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Sleep Token is the biggest fumble since BMTH in 2016. I know it worked out in the end but it took far too long. 

The only thing I can think is that Sleep Token have been promised a headline slot either in 2026 or 2027 when they’ve completed their next album and will use it as the launch for that cycle. 

Massive arena tour this winter, leaving thousands upon thousands wanting more, going away to write an album and coming back in 2026 to headline Download and start the next chapter. 

that's what i'm thinking. DL 2026 headline slot to launch the new album cycle, followed by a full festival run right after (Hellfest, Graspop, Wacken etc)

On 8/27/2024 at 9:52 PM, Andre91 said:

It’s not Linkin Park without Chester. 

Yeah, I know people said the same about Pantera without the Abbott Bros. but it still sounds like Pantera because it’s still Phil’s voice. 

No matter who LP get, it isn’t going to sound the same. 

I’m not interested either way as I don’t really like Linkin Park and wouldn’t be fussed about seeing them if Chester was still around.

It may not be as good but I think many of their sounds would sound good with any half decent singer. They are well written songs and I like the rap verses too. I am not sure if they would be suitable to headline a metal festival now. I think they will go down a more pop route with a new singer. Their last album was pop anyway as was Mike Shinoda's solo album.

Edited by markopaddy

Friday
Apex - Linkin Park/Creed/Spiritbox
Opus - Slayer/Good Charlotte
Ava - Rise Against
Dogtooth - Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

Apex - Muse/ADTR/Don Broco

Opus - Steel Panther/Beartooth

Ava - Gaslight Anthem

Dogtooth - Dying Fetus

Sunday

Apex - Slipknot/Korn/Electric Callboy

Opus - Bad Omens/Frank Carter and the Sex Pistols

Ava - Amyl and the Sniffers

Dogtooth - Wargasm

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Friday
Ava - Rise Against

Saturday

Ava - Gaslight Anthem

Dogtooth - Dying Fetus

Sunday

Dogtooth - Wargasm

That Saturday main stage is utterly sublime, sack off Steel Panther and get Beartooth headlining 2nd though.

2 hours ago, kjvffm said:

Friday
Ava - Rise Against

Saturday

Ava - Gaslight Anthem

Dogtooth - Dying Fetus

Sunday

Dogtooth - Wargasm

CREEEEEED! I’d be really happy with that. 

2 hours ago, Siddey1994 said:

That Saturday main stage is utterly sublime

Don't be throwing that word around when people like me are waiting to know what their Europe plans are for next year, you'll give us a heart attack

Apex: NINE INCH NAILS / Deftones / Alice In Chains

Opus: Slayer (European Exclusive) / Lorna Shore

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor
______
Apex: LINKIN PARK / Bad Omens / Spiritbox

Opus: Lamb of God / Mastodon

Avalanche: Bad Religion

Dogtooth: Chimaira
______
Apex: SLIPKNOT / Korn / Till Lindemann

Opus: Falling In Reverse / Electric Callboy

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Kreator

16 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Apex: NINE INCH NAILS / Deftones / Alice In Chains

Opus: Slayer (European Exclusive) / Lorna Shore

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor
______
Apex: LINKIN PARK / Bad Omens / Spiritbox

Opus: Lamb of God / Mastodon

Avalanche: Bad Religion

Dogtooth: Chimaira
______
Apex: SLIPKNOT / Korn / Till Lindemann

Opus: Falling In Reverse / Electric Callboy

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Kreator

I’d be more than happy with that.
Would still prefer they don’t book Slipknot again, but it’s looking inevitable. 

On 9/1/2024 at 8:10 PM, Andre91 said:

Little prediction for the top two stages. 

Avalanche headliners: letlive, Feeder & Alkaline Trio 

Dogtooth headliners: Igorrr, Chimaira & Whitechapel. 

IMG_1018.jpeg

Linkin Park without their -by far- most important member is not Linkin Park. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Linkin Park without their -by far- most important member is not Linkin Park. 

Awful take. It's widely known that other members, mainly Mike and Brad, produced and wrote most of their songs. Chester is mainly seen as Linkin park personified because a) he was the frontman at a time when music videos were king, and b) he had an iconic look and talent.

The DNA of Linkin Park was never Chester by majority, so it is definitely still Linkin Park. 

Heard something from a mate today who’s given me some correct info in the past but I don’t trust their info as much as I do some others. They’ve said that the Saturday headliner is… Green Day. 

I think that fits the ‘big band’ and ‘rarity’ rumours. I’d much prefer Blink or MCR personally but Green Day would undoubtedly be a massive get and a great booking for the festival. 

Give us Weezer and/or Rancid on their day and it would make it sweeter. 

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Heard something from a mate today who’s given me some correct info in the past but I don’t trust their info as much as I do some others. They’ve said that the Saturday headliner is… Green Day. 

I think that fits the ‘big band’ and ‘rarity’ rumours. I’d much prefer Blink or MCR personally but Green Day would undoubtedly be a massive get and a great booking for the festival. 

Slipknot - Green Day - Linkin Park is a very solid trio

Just to add fuel to the fire i've been told from a Source that works behind the scenes at KnotFest/Roadrunner that Korn are headlining 

Obviously wouldn't expect anyone to believe me but that's my piece of info at the moment 

If that's true i'd be surprised by this especially with the slot that Limp Bizkit were given last year

Edited by CRxece_

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Wouldn't be the worst shout tbf. Still a very good live act, had the Kerrang TV/magazine coverage in that institution's heyday, did some of Download's non-UK attempts and a novelty for Download UK given that to my knowledge, they've not done this before.