Download 2025

Andre91

5 minutes ago, CRxece_ said:

Just to add fuel to the fire i've been told from a Source that works behind the scenes at KnotFest/Roadrunner that Korn are headlining 

Obviously wouldn't expect anyone to believe me but that's my piece of info at the moment 

If that's true i'd be surprised by this especially with the slot that Limp Bizkit were given last year

I've believed this for a little while now tbh, just feels like it'll happen.

Green Day would be an amazing headliner for me but they aren't the "big get" band I'd heard so, if both are true, this year could be pretty damn exciting and the smaller 3rd headliner of Korn would completely make sense

10 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

I've believed this for a little while now tbh, just feels like it'll happen.

Green Day would be an amazing headliner for me but they aren't the "big get" band I'd heard so, if both are true, this year could be pretty damn exciting and the smaller 3rd headliner of Korn would completely make sense

Think it's also a funding thing - With all the news outlets reporting the lack of money in the Festival scene at the moment going with 1 big and 2 smaller headliners seems like the new trend

4 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Sleep Token coming back in

Late substitution with ST in and LP out I reckon. Are be back to something like the following?

Sleep Token - Blink-182 - Slipknot 

I hope so because it will be nice progress for the festival to make. 

Sleep Token / Green Day / Another Pretty Big Win

Still coping that it's Pearl Jam, could not say no to ST/GD/PJ if I tried.

Want to believe they won't be going for Slipknot again so soon and that Maiden are doing their own thing / a "50th" anniversary in 2026.

blink and Muse still options for a third. NIN definitely in Europe next year, real outside possibility but would be considered a big win for Download honestly, long requested by fans. 

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Another Pretty Big Win

Still coping that it's Pearl Jam, could not say no to ST/GD/PJ if I tried.

Want to believe they won't be going for Slipknot again so soon and that Maiden are doing their own thing / a "50th" anniversary in 2026.

blink and Muse still options for a third. NIN definitely in Europe next year, real outside possibility but would be considered a big win for Download honestly, long requested by fans. 

Don’t think current day NIN are ‘metal’ enough for a Download headline slot. Maybe if they were willing to take a sub slot it could work out, but reckon they’re more likely to just do their own shows these days if they’re not being offered headline slots.

edit: should add, I know they’ve now had FOB and now possibly Green Day, but they’re at least high energy huge singalong acts, whereas NIN can often get quite chin strokey these days which I think would fall flat. 

Edited by FloopFiller

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

As headliner or sub?

Green Day - Korn - Slipknot w/ ST as a sub? 

No way they're accepting less than head. Word is they'd been lowballed or dropped for someone else but are back. 

8 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

How does Sleep Token work with the RaR/RiP “European” exclusivity? Unless they meant mainland or EU exclusive, I can’t remember what we concluded about the rather vague wording 🤔. Either way I’d love for Sleep Token to be there.

There's no more exclusivity wording on their page on the RAR/RIP site, BMTH says "only Mainland Europe show"

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

How does Sleep Token work with the RaR/RiP “European” exclusivity? Unless they meant mainland or EU exclusive, I can’t remember what we concluded about the rather vague wording 🤔. Either way I’d love for Sleep Token to be there.

Seems like the European exclusivity is no longer on the RaR website

• Upvote 1

Als zweiter Headliner kommen Bring Me The Horizon exklusiv für ihre einzigen Europakonzerte 2025 zu Rock am Ring und Rock im Park!
Auch Sleep Token spielen ihre einzigen Europashows bei uns

https://www.rock-am-ring.com/en/news/28-aug-24-die-erste-bandwelle-ist-da--e69d9

Edited by SweetJesus

27 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Seems like the European exclusivity is no longer on the RaR website

Was it ever stated on that particular page that it was European exclusive? BMTH has 100% shifted from “only European shows of 2025” to “European mainland” which suggests a UK show but I’m not sure on Sleep Token.

The Instagram post and the announcement video 100% said Only European shows, did that lineup page definitely say it as well?

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Two outside of eFests, same word on the same day, one at least 100% ITK 

Edit: and word on coming back from above

Where does any of the above say that Sleep Token are back in?

Didn’t you say that Sleep Token’s band profile page never said anything about being exclusive and that it hadn’t been changed?

If nothing has changed on that page what suggests the exclusive has been removed?

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Two outside of eFests, same word on the same day, one at least 100% ITK 

Edit: and word on coming back from above

Official forums? 

Just getting a bit miffed at all this supposedly in the know info that contradicts others. Not complaining just what some clarity 🙂

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Official forums? 

Just getting a bit miffed at all this supposedly in the know info that contradicts others. Not complaining just what some clarity 🙂

Thereabouts... but people hear different things at different times, it's all rumours until we get an inevitable proper leak a few weeks before the official announcement 

• Upvote 1