Download 2025

Andre91

5 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

I've believed this for a little while now tbh, just feels like it'll happen.

Green Day would be an amazing headliner for me but they aren't the "big get" band I'd heard so, if both are true, this year could be pretty damn exciting and the smaller 3rd headliner of Korn would completely make sense

Are the ‘big get’ as big / bigger than Green Day?

7 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

I've believed this for a little while now tbh, just feels like it'll happen.

Green Day would be an amazing headliner for me but they aren't the "big get" band I'd heard so, if both are true, this year could be pretty damn exciting and the smaller 3rd headliner of Korn would completely make sense

If this 'big get' band turns out to be Sleep Token I'm never trusting your info again hahaha

33 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Korn or Sleep Token / Green Day / Pearl Jam ?

Sleep Token / Green Day / Pearl Jam is my big cope, don't think PJ is happening personally but that's a trio me and my mrs couldn't refuse. 

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Pearl Jam is my big cope, don't think PJ is happening personally but that's a trio me and my mrs couldn't refuse. 

Would be a good genre match up with the QOTSA / Fall Out Boy / Avenged Sevenfold , albeit Green Day and Pearl Jam significantly bigger (and therefore making sense with the reported need for a cheaper third headliner). Has there been any argument to rule out Pearl Jam from the 'big get' rumour?  Would make sense for them to come back to Europe after only doing a small run this year and missing out regular stops for them like Werchter. After the poor sales/dynamic pricing fiasco and then late cancellation of their Tottenham show it could also be a bit safer to come back as part of a festival bill. Think it's on record that Andy has been after them for a long time, included that year when the lineup leaked early and then they dropped off? 

27 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Would be a good genre match up with the QOTSA / Fall Out Boy / Avenged Sevenfold , albeit Green Day and Pearl Jam significantly bigger (and therefore making sense with the reported need for a cheaper third headliner). Has there been any argument to rule out Pearl Jam from the 'big get' rumour?  Would make sense for them to come back to Europe after only doing a small run this year and missing out regular stops for them like Werchter. After the poor sales/dynamic pricing fiasco and then late cancellation of their Tottenham show it could also be a bit safer to come back as part of a festival bill. Think it's on record that Andy has been after them for a long time, included that year when the lineup leaked early and then they dropped off? 

Nothing to indicate it can't be them necessarily, no, just weird timing giving what happened in London. Not a clue what their future tour plans look like here. Just doing Download every few years and not worrying about their "production costs" is certainly one option. 

37 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

So it is Sleep Token plus 2 from:

Green Day

A smaller headliner (probably Korn)

A big get who is...

Whatever combination it turns out to be, it sounds like it has the makings of a good year.

Taking what I was told yesterday, it looks like we’ve got Sleep Token, Green Day and then one of the last two options. 

Sleep Token, Green Day, My Chemical Romance 

Sleep Token, Green Day, KoRn 

I think it’ll be one of those. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Taking what I was told yesterday, it looks like we’ve got Sleep Token, Green Day and then one of the last two options. 

Sleep Token, Green Day, My Chemical Romance 

Sleep Token, Green Day, KoRn 

I think it’ll be one of those. 

Either would be great.

If it was - Sleep Token / My Chemical Romance / Korn - I personally would prefer it, but Green Day would be a top 3 ever booking with AC/DC and Metallica. You can't say not to them if you are Download. Guaranteed ticket seller.

6 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Either would be great.

If it was - Sleep Token / My Chemical Romance / Korn - I personally would prefer it, but Green Day would be a top 3 ever booking with AC/DC and Metallica. You can't say not to them if you are Download. Guaranteed ticket seller.

Yeah, Green Day are one of the very biggest bands they could get. 

33 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Would Download be so bold to book those 3? I bloody hope so! Would keep the fresh feel the past 2 years has had.

It would be an insane trio. Personally, I’d keep GD and MCR apart and save one for the following year as the big headliner but, then again, if they’re available, you might as well book them both because who knows what can happen in a year. 

I’m now hoping for Sleepy T, Green Day and KoRn. I just really want KoRn to get their flowers and show that they can be a really worthy headliner. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Would Download be so bold to book those 3? I bloody hope so! Would keep the fresh feel the past 2 years has had.

If Knotfest UK is happening then maybe, because they would wanna sell tickets for that too (let's remember it's all festival republic/live nation at the end of the day). 

Friday

Apex: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox

Opus: Lamb of God / Sepultura

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

___

Saturday

Apex: GREEN DAY / Avril Lavigne / IDLES

Opus: Slayer / Lorna Shore

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Chimaira

___

Sunday

Apex: LINKIN PARK / Korn / Bad Omens

Opus: Falling In Reverse / Killswitch Engage

Avalanche: Pennywise

Dogtooth: Igorrr

Knotfest UK (one day only at Milton Keynes)

-SLIPKNOT

-Judas Priest

-Till Lindemann

-Dragonforce

-Vended

-Orbit Culture

and BMTH to (co) headline Reading & Leeds

I have zero inside knowledge personally… but was at a bbq the other night and talking to someone my sister knows well. Have known him for years myself. 

He absolutely is in the industry and has worked with loads of high level bands, been all around the world and was showing me all kinds of photos and stories etc.

One thing he did say that he was very certain of was that Linkin Park are going to do a show in the O2 at the end of September and another in Hamburg. So we’ll see if that comes true first…

Then also mentioned that the big rumour is that AC/DC are the big name this year.

Slipknot , AC/DC, Sleep Token? 

Edited by K126

2 hours ago, K126 said:

I have zero inside knowledge personally… but was at a bbq the other night and talking to someone my sister knows well. Have known him for years myself. 

He absolutely is in the industry and has worked with loads of high level bands, been all around the world and was showing me all kinds of photos and stories etc.

One thing he did say that he was very certain of was that Linkin Park are going to do a show in the O2 at the end of September and another in Hamburg. So we’ll see if that comes true first…

Then also mentioned that the big rumour is that AC/DC are the big name this year.

Slipknot , AC/DC, Sleep Token? 

End of September like in two weeks lol

1 hour ago, Long Season said:

Sure he means the one that comes after this one

nope.. unless I heard incorrectly he meant this one. Think he said 26th..28th maybe.

they are playing in LA tonight after announcing a week ago. So it’s not impossible at all