Download 2025

Andre91

To be fair, their tour does suggests they should be headlining. The only argument for that is selling selling to your own fans rather than a festival but really this is a festival what you would expect a lot of them to have interest in.

If they get Green Day or simular sized act and another bigger act I can see it. I don't see it happening with Korn at the same time.

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’ve sold around 130,000 tickets for their upcoming tour with the vast, vast majority of those being within the first 10 minutes of going on sale. 

They are the next big money maker band; Download knows it, Live Nation know it, anyone with half a brain knows it. There hasn’t been a band rise this fast in forever. They’ve already been offered to headline, we know that from more than one person. As said above, they’re either headlining or they aren’t there at all, and things seem to be pointing to the former. 

I can’t take someone seriously if they say they aren’t a headline sized band now. 

With all the numbers of Sleep Token, I'm surprised people still think they are not headliner material for the biggest festivals, at least in UK... It wouldn't be a shame to have Sleep Token - SlipKnot - Linkin Park as headliners in 2025. Even less if the rumor AC/DC was right (hopefully instead of SlipKnot). As they have Rock Am Ring as an exclu in EU (headlining second stage I guess), play Download as exclu UK (main headliner) seems really realistic. It's been years we've spoken about the need of new headliners in the heavy scene and now that we have a strong new one, people don't want them... 

I had thought ST would be headlining due to their meteoric rise… plus they are excellent.

kind of makes sense if the AC/DC rumour is true… they will take a f**k tonne of money, ST will be the cheaper 3rd headliner… someone like green day as the other would make an awesome set of 3

catering for old, middle and young! 

Edited by K126

On 2 promoters 1 pod, podcast Kam, the download booker mentioned that 4 offers for headliners were out so I'm going with the following;

Linkin Park due to this O2 date, Andy's love of them, it being a Live Nation tour and festivals already been mentioned by the band you've got to say they're one headliner. 

Sleep Token back in because they thought they might've had AC/DC (which is where the rumour comes from) but then they backed out explaining Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Parks removal of the exclusive tags. 

And the mystery 3rd big get for Download that either haven't done Download or haven't done it more than once/not often, I'm not sure MCR are going to do anything else unless all is being revealed after the WWWY show which could be the case, Pearl Jam I don't see doing Download due to previous issues and Blink-182/Green Day don't seem to be touring next year yet. It's possible Green Day come back as the album only came out this year but a line-up like the following doesn't seem or feel right. Anyone got any thoughts? 

Sleep Token - Linkin Park - Green Day

34 minutes ago, foolee said:

On 2 promoters 1 pod, podcast Kam, the download booker mentioned that 4 offers for headliners were out so I'm going with the following;

Linkin Park due to this O2 date, Andy's love of them, it being a Live Nation tour and festivals already been mentioned by the band you've got to say they're one headliner. 

Sleep Token back in because they thought they might've had AC/DC (which is where the rumour comes from) but then they backed out explaining Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Parks removal of the exclusive tags. 

And the mystery 3rd big get for Download that either haven't done Download or haven't done it more than once/not often, I'm not sure MCR are going to do anything else unless all is being revealed after the WWWY show which could be the case, Pearl Jam I don't see doing Download due to previous issues and Blink-182/Green Day don't seem to be touring next year yet. It's possible Green Day come back as the album only came out this year but a line-up like the following doesn't seem or feel right. Anyone got any thoughts? 

Sleep Token - Linkin Park - Green Day

I think you've probably nailed the option on the first two. I haven't specifically hear festivals for LP mentioned, just very busy in 2025 but provided these shows sell well which they will, festival's is the best way for them to go right now. Doing their own shows and then festivals in 2026 would have much less punch about it.

I think the last one is all down to just see an extra and insert but I don't see anything stronger than the case for Slipknot currently. I personally believe the shout not in favour or Green Day as the big option Yeast means but I don't care if I'm wrong on that.

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think you've probably nailed the option on the first two. I haven't specifically hear festivals for LP mentioned, just very busy in 2025 but provided these shows sell well which they will, festival's is the best way for them to go right now. Doing their own shows and then festivals in 2026 would have much less punch about it.

I think the last one is all down to just see an extra and insert but I don't see anything stronger than the case for Slipknot currently. I personally believe the shout not in favour or Green Day as the big option Yeast means but I don't care if I'm wrong on that.

In the billboard interview they specifically mention festivals;

we got some shows coming up, and some big festival stuff”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-singer-tour-album-cover-story-interview-1235766805/

23 minutes ago, King101 said:

In the billboard interview they specifically mention festivals;

we got some shows coming up, and some big festival stuff”

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-singer-tour-album-cover-story-interview-1235766805/

Ah I see, hadn't seen that. Yeah I'm amazed if Downlod don't have them. I will admit that I don't think they should be given headline now, but they will of course. With that said, I think to give Korn the option, they need more than Sleep Token. I wouldn't say LP counts as a big get if they are touring big...that it wasn't hard to get them

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'm not sure I'm with a band being announced not topping the bill and exlcsuive in some way in Europe for RAR and being on the same line as Biffy Clyro and K.I.Z in Germany then that exclusive tag going which means suddenly they can top Download. 

Bring Me did the same slot Sleep Token are doing at Rock AM/IM in 2023 when they headlined Download.

Avenged Sevenfold also did the same slot in 2018 and 2024 when they headlined Download and subbed the festival similar value slot in 2014 when they headlined Download. I can't be asked to find anymore, but they were fresh in my mind.

You can't compare a bands size in Europe with their size in the UK and vice-versa. Volbeat headline lots of festivals in Europe and are a third down main band at Download.

16 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Bring Me did the same slot Sleep Token are doing at Rock AM/IM in 2023 when they headlined Download.

Avenged Sevenfold also did the same slot in 2018 and 2024 when they headlined Download and subbed the festival similar value slot in 2014 when they headlined Download. I can't be asked to find anymore, but they were fresh in my mind.

You can't compare a bands size in Europe with their size in the UK and vice-versa. Volbeat headline lots of festivals in Europe and are a third down main band at Download.

This is very true.

Sleep Token, Linkin Park and one other then. 

Can't imagine ST not having the Friday and Linkin Park closing wouldn't be a great idea. 

Edited by northernangel

Friday

Apex: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox

Opus: Lamb of God / Killswitch Engage

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Chimaira

____

Saturday

Apex: Green Day / Avril Lavigne / Frank Carter and Sex Pistols

Opus: Slayer / Lorna Shore

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

____

Sunday

Apex: Linkin Park / Korn / Bad Omens

Opus: Falling In Reverse / Till Lindemann

Avalanche: Palaye Royale

Dogtooth: Whitechapel

last prediction before some actual announcement

Slipknot to finally do a Knotfest England or just skip UK entirely like they did in 2022.

11 minutes ago, Siddey1994 said:

I’m trying to contain my optimism (GD are a top 3 live band for me) but how sure a thing is this?

Never take anything said by ITK people as a certainty 😅 They are definitely one of the bands in the mix to headline and it looks promising for them at least! 

• Like 3

Sleep Token
Deftones
Bad Omens
Killswitch Engage
Malevolence
Basement
Loathe

Judas Priest
Lamb Of God

In Flames

-----

Linkin Park
Korn
Spiritbox
Electric Callboy
Motionless In White
Holding Absence
Joey Valence & Brae
Casey

Weezer

The Gaslight Anthem

Marmozets

-----

Green Day
Avril Lavigne
Papa Roach
Turnstile
Knocked Loose
The Story So Far
Drain
Pest Control

The Prodigy

Beartooth

Ice Nine Kills

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Friday

____

Saturday

____

Sunday

Slipknot to finally do a Knotfest England or just skip UK entirely like they did in 2022.

Bloody good this. 

11 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Friday

____

Saturday

____

Sunday

That's maybe a Saturday ticket but I went to Green Day itself but cheaper than what a day ticket will cost me here. Avril has been seen too. No interest in the Linkin Park day apart from them.

8 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Sleep Token
Deftones
Bad Omens
Killswitch Engage
Malevolence
Basement
Loathe

Judas Priest
Lamb Of God

In Flames

-----

Linkin Park
Korn
Spiritbox
Electric Callboy
Motionless In White
Holding Absence
Joey Valence & Brae
Casey

Weezer

The Gaslight Anthem

Marmozets

-----

Green Day
Avril Lavigne
Papa Roach
Turnstile
Knocked Loose
The Story So Far
Drain
Pest Control

The Prodigy

Beartooth

Ice Nine Kills

I don't think Deftones will happen again yer or The Prodigy doing the second stage, I'd say Download is very unlikely for them due to it works stage wise now and how early the headline second stage is. Papa Roach being around in August in Europe this year tells me.this is probably out too and they played in 13. Weezer to Marmozets run malew up for main but Weezer won't accept anything but sub here I doubt.

Generally though I think there is too much metal for a 'rock festival'.

11 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

Never take anything said by ITK people as a certainty 😅 They are definitely one of the bands in the mix to headline and it looks promising for them at least! 

Are you still of the belief who you have been told are still an option? Or are we to believe that a particular reformation might be the band you've heard.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Are you still of the belief who you have been told are still an option? Or are we to believe that a particular reformation might be the band you've heard.

The band I heard are still in the mix, it's just me being worried that they're the one who has dropped out and Sleep Token are replacing them. Problem with information at this point is that it's usually out of date pretty damn quick

I always imagined this time of year as a bit of a scramble as multiple festivals attempt to bid on/finalise whatever bands are out there for next year, hence why it changes so often. Such as the whole “Maiden & Rammstein” fiasco from last year. Well, I can still hold onto hope that Judas meant MCR and they’re still somehow going to be there 😂

Edited by Siddey1994

10 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Sleep Token
Deftones
Bad Omens
Killswitch Engage
Malevolence
Basement
Loathe

Judas Priest
Lamb Of God

In Flames

-----

Linkin Park
Korn
Spiritbox
Electric Callboy
Motionless In White
Holding Absence
Joey Valence & Brae
Casey

Weezer

The Gaslight Anthem

Marmozets

-----

Green Day
Avril Lavigne
Papa Roach
Turnstile
Knocked Loose
The Story So Far
Drain
Pest Control

The Prodigy

Beartooth

Ice Nine Kills

Please not The Prodigy clashing with Green Day, it was bad enough them clashing with Blink at Leeds 😂

2 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

The band I heard are still in the mix, it's just me being worried that they're the one who has dropped out and Sleep Token are replacing them. Problem with information at this point is that it's usually out of date pretty damn quick

To be honest there are only two bands in Pearl Jam and AC/DC that I can think of that would drop out.

At this point I'm genuinely thinking Andy might not have booked Slipknot while being available for once but it's probably getting to the point whereby if there is a Knotfest UK date instead that needs announcing quite soon to sell it. I have doubts myself they will be able to do Download, their own anniversary tour December the next year and then their own Knotfest fest date outdoors too all within 2/3 years space. They are big but they aren't the mammoths of stadiums tours here.

Edited by northernangel

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

To be honest there are only two bands in Pearl Jam and AC/DC that I can think of that would drop out.

At this point I'm genuinely thinking Andy might not have booked Slipknot while being available for once but it's probably getting to the point whereby if there is a Knotfest UK date instead that needs announcing quite soon to sell it. I have doubts myself they will be able to do Download, their own anniversary tour December the next year and then their own Knotfest fest date outdoors too all within 2/3 years space. They are big but they aren't the mammoths of stadiums tours here.

Well, if Yungblud can do his own festival at MK Bowl, and Slipknot previously announced one for 2020 that got canned due to some pandemic or other, the idea of reviving a Knotfest UK concept might not be out of the question.