Download 2025

Andre91

1 hour ago, tomjfx said:

I think it's either going to be Linkin Park or Foo Fighters at R&L and the one who isn't there will be at Download. I don't have anything to back this up but it's just a feeling

I think one does R+L and the other does Glastonbury / Glastonbury and BST if it is LP.

2 hours ago, tomjfx said:

I think it's either going to be Linkin Park or Foo Fighters at R&L and the one who isn't there will be at Download. I don't have anything to back this up but it's just a feeling

We’ve met Melvin Benn at Leeds the last two years and he’s strongly hinted that Foos are booked for 2025. He didn’t confirm or deny so would take it with a pinch of salt though.

Edited by andyrhodes24

1 hour ago, RedJosh said:

I think one does R+L and the other does Glastonbury / Glastonbury and BST if it is LP.

I think Linkin Park are more likely to do BST and Glastonbury than Foo Fighters are not to do Reading. I don't however think LP have to be doing Glastonbury for them to do BST too. The only reason they may agree to do BST while taking an Other headline slot is the try keep a wide appeal audience. They aren't going to get given Glastonbury headline but SZA was it's said doing Other headline and BST.

3 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Lordi headlining all three nights all but confirmed

Not that we're saying things have gone sideways since winning Eurovision all those years ago but they were (before an unforeseen circumstances cancellation) due to headline a small rock bar in Milton Keynes near me..

18 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Are we ruling Foo Fighters out? Haven’t seen them mentioned yet.

They heavy enough for a Download crowd? We saw how much some purists seemed to think Queens of the Stone Age and Fall Out Boy this year were too mellow for bill-topping.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

They heavy enough for a Download crowd? We saw how much some purists seemed to think Queens of the Stone Age and Fall Out Boy this year were too mellow for bill-topping.

And yet the Download crowd turned out in force for FOB. It was amazing 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I feel like they get more of the Pearl Jam/dad rock treatment that FOB and QOTSA don't get, which I think works in their favour in this case

33 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think Linkin Park are more likely to do BST and Glastonbury than Foo Fighters are not to do Reading. I don't however think LP have to be doing Glastonbury for them to do BST too. The only reason they may agree to do BST while taking an Other headline slot is the try keep a wide appeal audience. They aren't going to get given Glastonbury headline but SZA was it's said doing Other headline and BST.

I agree and from what I have heard I'm almost certain Foos are doing R+L and struggle to see both bands at R+L in the same year, so realistically the only options for Linkin Park are Isle of Wight, Glastonbury and/or BST.

Isle of Wight pay their headliners the bag, will let them play other shows and is a Live Nation event so is definitely feasible.

BST would allow them to play an outdoors festival show and some additional shows around the UK. Would also mean they could do Glastonbury.

Glastonbury they get loads of exposure and would be allowed to do other shows as most Glastonbury headliners do allow other shows around the UK. Guns 'n' Roses, Elton John and Arctic Monkey's all did in 2023 and rumours were Stevie Wonder was doing Glastonbury and BST until he pulled out of both...

I think BST or Isle of Wight and other shows seems most likely, but if they were discussing festival slots and are certain to be in Europe if Glastonbury was struggling to pick up headliners I could see them approaching them. Would imagine that they would get a decent crowd there as most people will surely know Numb, In the End, What I've Done and Crawling.

49 minutes ago, Siddey1994 said:

And yet the Download crowd turned out in force for FOB. It was amazing 

Clearly that's on me for thinking the Internet is representative of anything ha.

Then again I remember a fair few being sniffy about Muse being there in 2015 and YouTube videos suggested they still drew quite the crowd.

How long until we can know what the big get is / was? 

If Green Day aren’t included, I’m guessing that it’s either AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters or MCR.

If the big get has pulled, I’m guessing Korn or Sleep Token in their place makes most sense

1 hour ago, losing43 said:

How long until we can know what the big get is / was? 

If Green Day aren’t included, I’m guessing that it’s either AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters or MCR.

If the big get has pulled, I’m guessing Korn or Sleep Token in their place makes most sense

Sounds like AC/DC might have been it but have pulled out and we’ve got Sleep Token.

15 hours ago, RedJosh said:

I agree and from what I have heard I'm almost certain Foos are doing R+L and struggle to see both bands at R+L in the same year, so realistically the only options for Linkin Park are Isle of Wight, Glastonbury and/or BST.

Isle of Wight pay their headliners the bag, will let them play other shows and is a Live Nation event so is definitely feasible.

BST would allow them to play an outdoors festival show and some additional shows around the UK. Would also mean they could do Glastonbury.

Glastonbury they get loads of exposure and would be allowed to do other shows as most Glastonbury headliners do allow other shows around the UK. Guns 'n' Roses, Elton John and Arctic Monkey's all did in 2023 and rumours were Stevie Wonder was doing Glastonbury and BST until he pulled out of both...

I think BST or Isle of Wight and other shows seems most likely, but if they were discussing festival slots and are certain to be in Europe if Glastonbury was struggling to pick up headliners I could see them approaching them. Would imagine that they would get a decent crowd there as most people will surely know Numb, In the End, What I've Done and Crawling.

I don't see LP at IOW, just too heavy in the way thag say Blink doing Green Days slot this year for example wouldn't be. One is nu-metal and surrounding elements etc and one is just punk pop/punk rock/pop rock. 

3 hours ago, foolee said:

I’m guessing it’ll be Sleep Token - Green Day - Slipknot

If someone said to me make a bet now, that would be mine.

The ideal that Download should be going for is Sleep Token, Blink and Green Day. I'd probably rather Slipknot, Blink and Green Day just because I know them more. There is no way I'd be able to say no to that. If I had to pick my 3 ideal options now it would probably be Blink, Green Day and Iron Maiden. There would have been other options but it's either too soon, their peak is way gone. In Maiden it's due to the lack I've actually seen them.

6 hours ago, RedJosh said:

I heard they were in talks for 2025 during autumn of 2023, have not had confirmation.

Cheers, good to hear they were in talks in the autumn after we heard it from the booker. When we asked him if they were booked for 2024 he told us “not next year” and sort of hinted at 2025 without going any further.

1 hour ago, couch said:

Might have missed by why has everyone written Linkin Park off their predictions ?

Various in the know people basically. Doesn't mean anything for certain but seems like they're not doing Download. Sleep Token and Green Day seem to be far more likely right now

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

IMG_1098.jpeg

Feeder against ST, yes please! What a booking that would be in the tent. 

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

Various in the know people basically. Doesn't mean anything for certain but seems like they're not doing Download. Sleep Token and Green Day seem to be far more likely right now

Yeah those two seem most likely at this point with one other. I’d assume Slipknot but that’s just cause they’re around and have a good relationship with Download. Repeat doesn’t look as bad with 2 new headliners too.