Download 2025

Andre91

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Feeder against ST, yes please! What a booking that would be in the tent. 

Yeah those two seem most likely at this point with one other. I’d assume Slipknot but that’s just cause they’re around and have a good relationship with Download. Repeat doesn’t look as bad with 2 new headliners too. 

It would be a great booking if Feeder actually cared instead of going through the motions now.

I don't think Slipknot looks any less a poor booking. Green Day might be new to Download but they've played plenty of other UK events. Getting Slipknot back two years later after having their front man as well at any given option is just a poor booking.

10 hours ago, northernangel said:

It would be a great booking if Feeder actually cared instead of going through the motions now.

I don't think Slipknot looks any less a poor booking. Green Day might be new to Download but they've played plenty of other UK events. Getting Slipknot back two years later after having their front man as well at any given option is just a poor booking.

I think they do care. Watched them on the last tour and they were promoting their new album so power to them for playing quite a bit of it. Still played most of the hits and some deep cuts. I’m a bit Feeder fan so maybe a casual would be better suited to a festival show anyway. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I think they do care. Watched them on the last tour and they were promoting their new album so power to them for playing quite a bit of it. Still played most of the hits and some deep cuts. I’m a bit Feeder fan so maybe a casual would be better suited to a festival show anyway. 

Yeah ill also say every band can have an off day so maybe a little harsh. I last saw them in Swansea supporting Catfish. I like them but I'm not rushing to grab tickets from them like.

I think Green Day are getting more and more likely, they have announced other international tour dates / festivals for 2025, I can't see why they wouldn't go back to the UK and do a festival which could be Download (or R&L which they have done several times before and could be a better payday).

So looking like roughly:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Slipknot

Maybe Deftones, Avril Lavigne, Korn as subs.

Expecting to see Spiritbox, Knocked Loose, Malevolance, Idles and Bad Omens all show up.

Would love for Creed, Alice Cooper, Frank Carter and the Sex Pistol to be there as well.

Personally, would happily see Korn get their flowers as headline but isn’t seeming likely. A Korn / Deftones co-headline slot would be magic but again, no indication for that to happen. Also, not the sub for it but if Deftones didn’t play Download, them to headline Outbreak would be unreal.

42 minutes ago, couch said:

So looking like roughly:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Slipknot

Maybe Deftones, Avril Lavigne, Korn as subs.

Expecting to see Spiritbox, Knocked Loose, Malevolance, Idles and Bad Omens all show up.

Would love for Creed, Alice Cooper, Frank Carter and the Sex Pistol to be there as well.

Personally, would happily see Korn get their flowers as headline but isn’t seeming likely. A Korn / Deftones co-headline slot would be magic but again, no indication for that to happen. Also, not the sub for it but if Deftones didn’t play Download, them to headline Outbreak would be unreal.

I’d agree that those are likely the 3 we’ll get and a pretty good 3 at that. If not Slipknot could we see a co headline like mentioned or even a Korn / Biffy co headline with them being around. 

46 minutes ago, LJR200 said:

Just wondering why people don’t think Slipknot are gonna be at Download? 

The only reason people thought they were is because they're in Europe next summer

Download don't have to book Slipknot whenever they are, they just played last year, would look super lazy if there's 3 others available 

Just now, BrutalLegend said:

Mark Hoppus stated a while back that Blink were in discussion for 2025 dates but nothing confirmed.

I can see Blink headlining someday but not in the same year as Green Day who seem pretty much nailed on, I think they are too similar to headline in the same year

21 minutes ago, BrutalLegend said:

I just can’t see Korn and Sleep Token headlining the same year, might be wrong but don’t think Download would do it.

Would be bold to bump two bands up in the same year. Could see System doing a one off, maybe Biffy, Motley Crue? Not sure if GNR are still kicking, not too many options come to mind.

5 minutes ago, tomjfx said:

I can see Blink headlining someday but not in the same year as Green Day who seem pretty much nailed on, I think they are too similar to headline in the same year

Agreed, think 2026 is probs looking like Blink 182, Ghost and Linkin Park if they don’t show up this year.