Download 2025

Andre91

3 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

What's your info, saw you post in the R&L forum too?

Just that MCR are open to festival offers for 2025/6 but have nothing planned. Which at this stage in Download's booking process, I would say rules them out... but things are so weird behind the scenes this year it seems, several different ITK saying plans have changed at some point and bands have both dropped out and come back (Sleep Token)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just that MCR are open to festival offers for 2025/6 but have nothing planned. Which at this stage in Download's booking process, I would say rules them out... but things are so weird behind the scenes this year it seems, several different ITK saying plans have changed at some point and bands have both dropped out and come back (Sleep Token)

Nice one. I was literally saying yesterday that it's a bit odd they did the big come back then disappeared (except WWWY Fest). I think with the amount of to-ing and fro-ing that Download do then that could actually put MCR in the mix. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Just now, Gejonimo said:

Nice one. I was literally saying yesterday that it's a bit odd they did the big come back then disappeared (except WWWY Fest). I think with the amount of to-ing and fro-ing that Download do then that could actually put MCR in the mix. Interesting to see how it pans out.

If we really did go from a potential MCR to Korn it's a massive downgrade, would be a shame. I only posted in L+R about them because it now seems like an open goal for next year if Download have fudged the booking, and Foos are now a massive question mark due to Dave chucking his willy about

Just now, BenG92 said:

If we really did go from a potential MCR to Korn it's a massive downgrade, would be a shame. I only posted in L+R about them because it now seems like an open goal for next year if Download have fudged the booking, and Foos are now a massive question mark due to Dave chucking his willy about

If there's one thing that Download know how to do it's fumble an open goal, got the blood of Darwin Nunez flowing through them. Imagine a top three out of these My Chem, Blink, Green Day, Linkin Park. 

Yeah it'll be interesting to see if R&L bin them off, but I'm sure it's a case of both parties still being up for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keepquiet said:

I don’t wanna say too much but let’s say I have a few connections and LP, GD and ST might all be good predictions as headliners next year 

I'm certain that Green Day and Sleep Token will be there, and I definitely think that Linkin Park will be doing a UK festival which will realistically either be Download, R&L or possibly APE

5 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

I just can’t see Korn and Sleep Token headlining the same year, might be wrong but don’t think Download would do it.

I mean did you see who headlined this year? That's a stronger combo for Download than QOTSA and AX7

Bear in mind Download sold alot less tickets this year than 2023, and reportedly less than usual years too.

9 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

I mean did you see who headlined this year? That's a stronger combo for Download than QOTSA and AX7

Bear in mind Download sold alot less tickets this year than 2023, and reportedly less than usual years too.

2023 was the most they’ve ever sold so I don’t think that’s a fair comparison. They’re never going to realistically achieve 110,000 every year and they know that, that’s why they dropped capacity back to normal levels for this year. 

This year did not sell less than any other standard year. It was busier than 2022 & 2019 for sure. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, tomjfx said:

So let's assume that Green Day and Sleep Token are 100% in, who are we thinking the third band could be? Linkin Park, or another band?

There's a few options. Some controversial.

Korn: Can headline but to have them and ST both headlining will be weak in my opinion. Maybe Korn as a sub or co headline with a band like biffy.

Slipknot: Defo possible but to have them back so soon would be lazy booking. However it's definitely something that wouldn't surprise me.

MCR: Been thrown around a bit here in the forum. I think they will do R and L or Download. Either 2025 or 2026 but I feel they will appear st uk fests within the next 2 years. So who knows, might happen. I would be happy with them.

Foos: Can see doos doing R and L over download but after Daves shagging about, i actually have no idea what they are gonna be planning now.

SOAD: They always have potential. They randomly do fests here and there so it could be a surprising appearance for us.

Iron Maiden: They were heavily rumoured but have dropped off. I don't think they are going to be here this year but expect them within the next few years.

Blink: As green day are more or less pinned on for this year, I can't see Blink doing the same year. Way to similar. Need variety.

Rammstein: Not happening but a man can f**king dream 🙂

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if it's ST, Green Day, Korn. Overall I just want Bad Omens back next year. So gutted to have missed them this year with the cancel 😞

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

There's a few options. Some controversial.

Korn: Can headline but to have them and ST both headlining will be weak in my opinion. Maybe Korn as a sub or co headline with a band like biffy.

Slipknot: Defo possible but to have them back so soon would be lazy booking. However it's definitely something that wouldn't surprise me.

MCR: Been thrown around a bit here in the forum. I think they will do R and L or Download. Either 2025 or 2026 but I feel they will appear st uk fests within the next 2 years. So who knows, might happen. I would be happy with them.

Foos: Can see doos doing R and L over download but after Daves shagging about, i actually have no idea what they are gonna be planning now.

SOAD: They always have potential. They randomly do fests here and there so it could be a surprising appearance for us.

Iron Maiden: They were heavily rumoured but have dropped off. I don't think they are going to be here this year but expect them within the next few years.

Blink: As green day are more or less pinned on for this year, I can't see Blink doing the same year. Way to similar. Need variety.

Rammstein: Not happening but a man can f**king dream 🙂

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if it's ST, Green Day, Korn. Overall I just want Bad Omens back next year. So gutted to have missed them this year with the cancel 😞

Korn already played under Biffy at Download on final day and it was such a stupid booking. For the majority Download crowd, they do not want to go from Korn to Biffy hence the field emptied early. I will also say, Download is definitely the worst place I have seen Biffy, they could have done such a better set last time to at least try. I've seen Biffy randomly now several times and the two worst were both at Download headlining and before Tenacious D I believe....on the Metallica day anyway.

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

2023 was the most they’ve ever sold so I don’t think that’s a fair comparison. They’re never going to realistically achieve 110,000 every year and they know that, that’s why they dropped capacity back to normal levels for this year. 

This year did not sell less than any other standard year. It was busier than 2022 & 2019 for sure. 

My understanding was that Download had 75K this year and it's normally 80 to 90K. Certainly 2019 was about 80K. 2018 was reportedly 110K on GnR day. Yes last year was 110K per day (130000 overall) which was way more than normal. Heard 22 was only 70K. Problem is reports vary between per day back whole weekend so it's hard to verify. 

It may have been deliberately capped this year mind.