Download 2025

Andre91

2 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Are Deftones still considered a sub headline band these days? Got a feeling they may headline 2000 Trees.

Deftones will sub Sleep Token I'd imagine - a Friday top 3 of Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox is an absolute slam dunk run for Download.

Round the day out with Meshuggah / Leprous or Periphery / Loathe / Static Dress or A.A. Williams and you have a perfect blend of old and new that blends together well in a coherent way, but also covers a really wide variety of genre's.

Edited by RedJosh

17 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

There is 5,000 different capacity between those two...

And? 2000 Trees is a festival it has to pay like 100+ bands, it's not going to have the money to pay Deftones. Look at previous 2000 Trees headliners - this year was The Gaslight Anthem, Don Brocco and The Chats, none of those 3 are anywhere near as big as Deftones (or Limp Bizkit or Korn who are the other 3 nu-metal bands who have done Gunnersbury park recently).

Also there's a 10000 gap, 2000 Trees is 15000 right? Gunnersbury park was 25000 for Korn (as posted by the band themselves afterwards).

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

And? 2000 Trees is a festival it has to pay like 100+ bands, it's not going to have the money to pay Deftones. Look at previous 2000 Trees headliners - this year was The Gaslight Anthem, Don Brocco and The Chats, none of those 3 are anywhere near as big as Deftones (or Limp Bizkit or Korn who are the other 3 nu-metal bands who have done Gunnersbury park recently).

Also there's a 10000 gap, 2000 Trees is 15000 right? Gunnersbury park was 25000 for Korn (as posted by the band themselves afterwards).

You said big enough, nowt to do with what they could afford. It's 20,000 with day and evening tickets.

I don't think they'll play Trees I was just pointing out the size isn't much difference 

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

You said big enough, nowt to do with what they could afford. It's 20,000 with day and evening tickets.

I don't think they'll play Trees I was just pointing out the size isn't much difference 

Obviously a misunderstanding here, as when I was talking about 'big enough' I was including the festival stature in terms of what level of bands they can book, not just the size. 

Wasn't aware Trees had increased their capacity but fair play to them.

11 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

URXvTUk.jpeg

This is fairly decent, I’d bin off Steel Panther and Jelly Roll though, they stick out like a sore thumb. 

I know people keep predicting Korn to headline but I just don’t see it. If Download are struggling to find a third headliner I think they’d revert to type and just book Slipknot again before giving Korn the bump. 

• Like 1

Deftones' size in the UK is pure guesswork at this point. Rarely play here anymore and their sub status at Download doesn't line up with the venues they're playing, they're grandfathered in.

Need a new proper tour here again to see what their status is, but in February it'll be the longest we've ever gone without a new Deftones record and I haven't seen a single murmur of one. They barely touch Ohms live and even they know Gore sucked, I think they might be winding things down slowly. Chino's 51, can't keep that up forever. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Deftones' size in the UK is pure guesswork at this point. Rarely play here anymore and their sub status at Download doesn't line up with the venues they're playing, they're grandfathered in.

Need a new proper tour here again to see what their status is, but in February it'll be the longest we've ever gone without a new Deftones record and I haven't seen a single murmur of one. They barely touch Ohms live and even they know Gore sucked, I think they might be winding things down slowly. Chino's 51, can't keep that up forever. 

They're in the Studio and Chino has been working on vocals this year so it's definitely coming.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

They're in the Studio and Chino has been working on vocals this year so it's definitely coming.

Oh nice, must've missed it. Be nice if we got a proper tour and they didn't just play the Download sub slot again as their one show here. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Oh nice, must've missed it. Be nice if we got a proper tour and they didn't just play the Download sub slot again as their one show here. 

Was said a while back tbf, when they did Coachella Chino said he was heading in to do vocals after but instrumentally it was pretty much done.

• Thanks 1