Download 2025

Andre91

10 minutes ago, tomjfx said:

I think if LP don't announce their own tour dates (presumably stadium shows) for next year in the UK they are pretty much nailed on for Download unless they do another festival

Didn't someone on here mention them doing another festival? Same person who confirmed Iron Maiden out of Download and doing their own tour. 

58 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

In that case Download, R&L, Glasto (other stage headliner?), are probably their only decent options for festivals next year then, unless they drop down to the medium sized stuff. Or they could do 0 festivals which I find unlikely. Who knows 😄

I would guess Other at Glastonbury and maybe an outdoor show.

6 hours ago, foolee said:

Didn't someone on here mention them doing another festival? Same person who confirmed Iron Maiden out of Download and doing their own tour. 

The person who mentioned that has also got information wrong about them doing a festival in the Czech Republic seemingly.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy will headline Download multiple times again before they retire. 

Doesn't mean they should, the weakest and worst headliner Download can book.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The same crowd that turned out for QOTSA and Royal Blood will turn out for Biffy. They’ve get a better crowd at Download 2.0. 

QOTSA we're a trash booking too, and that's why thousands made way before Biffy started this. There is one thing being a biased big fan which is fine, many people are of many bands but there ther is just a moment to accept its an absolutely awful booking that sucks for Download.

4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

No disrespect to Biffy, but they only ever appealed to part of the existing Download crowd, and now Download are heavily going after Gen Z that part is going to have significantly shrunk.

I don't think it is Gen Z download are primarily targeting. I think it is Millennials with disposable income (Biffy's biggest fan group) along with Gen Z. Download's bookings scream 20-45 to me with who they are elevating to headline slots as legacy bands etc. 2023's headliners and undercard, this years and what I've heard about next year all scream this to me.

Biffy will get a much better turn out next time round and rightly so. Along with Slipknot, Biffy are the Download band.

Edited by RedJosh
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I don't think it is Gen Z download are primarily targeting. I think it is Millennials with disposable income (Biffy's biggest fan group) along with Gen Z. Download's bookings scream 20-45 to me with who they are elevating to headline slots as legacy bands etc. 2023's headliners and undercard, this years and what I've heard about next year all scream this to me.

Biffy will get a much better turn out next time round and rightly so. Along with Slipknot, Biffy are the Download band.

Josh is right. 

36 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The person who mentioned that has also got information wrong about them doing a festival in the Czech Republic seemingly.

Doesn't mean they should, the weakest and worst headliner Download can book.

QOTSA we're a trash booking too, and that's why thousands made way before Biffy started this. There is one thing being a biased big fan which is fine, many people are of many bands but there ther is just a moment to accept its an absolutely awful booking that sucks for Download.

QOTSA a trash booking? From someone who wasn’t there and saw the big crowd they pulled? Sureeeee. 

Where’s this idea come from that Download is trying to appeal to only Gen Z? They’re really doing that by booking QOTSA, Pantera, Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit etc etc. 

They aren’t R&L. 

Edited by Andre91

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Where’s this idea come from that Download is trying to appeal to only Gen Z? They’re really doing that by booking QOTSA, Pantera, Machine Head, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit etc etc. 

They aren’t R&L. 

Not only Gen Z, but more towards them. As standard for any festival to move on with the times.

I agree with Josh's assessment of who they are aiming for, I just don't think Biffy are as popular with that crowd as you and him do.