Download 2025

Andre91

48 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I'm 39 and have been to about 14 previous Downloads. I didn't go this year because of the poor headliners (poor as in my taste) and the way the festival is set up now so that gone half 8 other stages finish. I know about 20+ people who have previously been to multiple Downloads who didn't go and are put off by the current direction of the fest. 

Works both ways man.

That’s fair enough, maybe a bit of middle ground needed but thought I’d share from my perspective. What sort of lineup would get you and group back? 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

It's not normal, but it's also not really Download's fault if the bands they approach just aren't up for it. You have to imagine for instance they tried Pearl Jam who said no, we're doing our own obscenely overpriced shows instead, and that collapsed for them. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and Download will get them in the future. 

QOTSA weren't a horrible choice for headliners at all, they're still 110k+ UK ticket sellers, they're a massive name in rock and have been for 20 years. Could've been much worse if they'd had to resort to, say, Pantera headlining when they're struggling to shift 55k for next year, but there's an alternate reality where they were stuck with that. 

Edit: should've added, struggling to shift 55k for their first UK shows in 20 years. Korn play here about once every other year and still do well so should definitely be in the running for a bump-up if necessary.

I just don't think Queens were a decent option for Download myself but they are a festival who likely know more than the 3 songs.

For PJ, Download is probably a good option to save face for them tbh.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

If you look at the rest of the lineup they definitely aren't. The booker himself said we asked 44 bands to headline, the headliners were a results overall of this is what we are left to go with.

No he didn’t. He said they asked around 20 hands to healdine. Not 44. 

34 minutes ago, foolee said:

That’s fair enough, maybe a bit of middle ground needed but thought I’d share from my perspective. What sort of lineup would get you and group back? 

To be honest I think a big part of the problem (in regards to why so many people I know have stopped going) is the way the festival is run. It's gotten more and more corporate whilst other smaller fests retain that fun feeling. It's also the way the bands are scheduled - too many similar bands clash or you only have 5 mins to get from main to second (for example) which is just not practical. 

Bands wise certainly booking the likes of Pearl Jam and NIN and Korn as headliners would appeal. But honestly 2023 was actually the perfect line up, appealled right across the alt/metal/hard rock scene.

8 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

To be honest I think a big part of the problem (in regards to why so many people I know have stopped going) is the way the festival is run. It's gotten more and more corporate whilst other smaller fests retain that fun feeling. It's also the way the bands are scheduled - too many similar bands clash or you only have 5 mins to get from main to second (for example) which is just not practical. 

Bands wise certainly booking the likes of Pearl Jam and NIN and Korn as headliners would appeal. But honestly 2023 was actually the perfect line up, appealled right across the alt/metal/hard rock scene.

Yeah I get that. I do find I enjoy and like the less corporate feel of the live nation events like Glastonbury and 2000 trees. I’d imagine Bloodstock and ArcTanGent have a similar vibe. I do feel Download had less of a corporate money grabbing feel than say BST or R&L though and like they do slightly care with better food options and all the cool stuff they put on outside the arena for campers. 

With Green Day rumoured I’d love the other headliners to be Pearl Jam and NIN with Korn headlining second or subbing at some point so would be cool if they can reach the middle ground and appeal to both audiences. I think if they did that they could get up 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are Nine Inch Nails headliners at Download?

I mean, I'd gauge as a live draw, they're on the same level as QOTSA these days, but I don't really know.

Really strange one, because they may not meet the UK ticket requirement stuff on paper, but they'd be a big draw, and I doubt Trent would accept anything less + probably want to curate the main stage and they wouldn't let him.

Doubt it'll ever happen. 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Really strange one, because they may not meet the UK ticket requirement stuff on paper, but they'd be a big draw, and I doubt Trent would accept anything less + probably want to curate the main stage and they wouldn't let him.

Doubt it'll ever happen. 

To be honest, if they had one mega-draw headliner another day, then it'd be great to punt on a NIN day.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah I get that. I do find I enjoy and like the less corporate feel of the live nation events like Glastonbury and 2000 trees. I’d imagine Bloodstock and ArcTanGent have a similar vibe. I do feel Download had less of a corporate money grabbing feel than say BST or R&L though and like they do slightly care with better food options and all the cool stuff they put on outside the arena for campers. 

With Green Day rumoured I’d love the other headliners to be Pearl Jam and NIN with Korn headlining second or subbing at some point so would be cool if they can reach the middle ground and appeal to both audiences. I think if they did that they could get up 

Well said mate, I'd concur with all that.