Download 2025

Andre91

4 hours ago, RedJosh said:

They have said in the past that if they were asked to headline Download that they would do it and are up for the challenge.

"Nickelback" never said anything. One of the members said he'd love to if the others were up for it. Doesn't change that they don't really do festivals in Europe all that much and other festivals in the UK would probably be higher in the pecking order if they were to announce a festival run.

I'd love them to do it, they were amazing in May but just seems unlikely.

22 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

"Nickelback" never said anything. One of the members said he'd love to if the others were up for it. Doesn't change that they don't really do festivals in Europe all that much and other festivals in the UK would probably be higher in the pecking order if they were to announce a festival run.

I'd love them to do it, they were amazing in May but just seems unlikely.

Fair point that it was a Ryan Peake and not Nickelack however, it wasn't just festivals in Europe they didn't play it was festivals fullstop, but when he gave that interview in November 2022 was when they had started picking up festivals again.

Between September 2006 (last time they played any festivals in Europe)-September 2023 they only played 6 festivals worldwide - 3 state fairs in the US, 2 shows at Rock In Rio and 1 festival in Canada. In the 12 months since they have played 15.

Which festival in the UK do you think would book them, which is big enough for a band of their size other than Download? I have had a think and I can't think of many.

I don't think Reading and Leeds book them, I don't Glastonbury booking them and I don't see them coming to do BST. So you are left with Download, Isle of Wight, Victorious, Boardmasters and Latitude. I don't see them at the last three on their list or fitting their booking strategies, so your looking at Download or Isle of Wight. Both can offer them the bag, but if it is for an exclusive Download can pay more and I suspect it would be a fly-in, so Download makes by far the most sense.