Download 2025

Andre91

15 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Are My Chemical Romance out of the question? Cant see them booking Greenday and MCR on the same year. 

Have heard they're "open to offers for 2025 festivals" very recently which for me puts them out of the frame, you'd think it'd be locked in by now. Unless they're open to more offers. Don't think Download can afford two stadium headliners in a year. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Have heard they're "open to offers for 2025 festivals" very recently which for me puts them out of the frame, you'd think it'd be locked in by now. Unless they're open to more offers. Don't think Download can afford two stadium headliners in a year. 

The scenes when R+L have MCR, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters headlining and Download has Korn, Biffy and Def Leppard.

Nickelback doing an album in full during their debut appearance wouldn’t be a good idea and I don’t think it would happen anyway. It’s not like Green Day doing Dookie or American Idiot which are two ubiquitously huge albums. Nickelback coming out all guns blazing and just doing a solid greatest hits set would go down a storm. 

Seen a lot of predictions with Falling in Reverse. Do people think Download would still book them with the controversy and allegations of domestic abuse/assault against Radke? Kinda similar thinking with Till Lindemann and Marilyn Manson. Surely would harm sales more than it would benefit but honestly not sure.

57 minutes ago, couch said:

Seen a lot of predictions with Falling in Reverse. Do people think Download would still book them with the controversy and allegations of domestic abuse/assault against Radke? Kinda similar thinking with Till Lindemann and Marilyn Manson. Surely would harm sales more than it would benefit but honestly not sure.

I don’t think they’d bat an eyelid about Ronnie. 

1 hour ago, couch said:

Pantera headlined 2nd this year and it did well, they don't give a hoot

1 hour ago, couch said:

Till Lindermann has been completely cleared of all accusations so it's not the same situation with him at all. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Till Lindermann has been completely cleared of all accusations so it's not the same situation with him at all. 

At the time it was. Rammstein were supposedly booked, then the allegations came out so they were dropped. All this is hearsay so heck knows. 

Sleep Token supporting Linkin park in Paris in November.

I've had a feeling Sleepy T were going to be at Download but not headlining. Just think it's too soon for Download to take a punt on them and they'd want a more gradual rise. Subbing Linkin Park makes so much sense. 

I'm going to go Linkin Park - Green Day - Pearl Jam as my final prediction

25 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

At the time it was. Rammstein were supposedly booked, then the allegations came out so they were dropped. All this is hearsay so heck knows. 

There were a lot of falsehoods spread about this year so who knows. But certainly now it's a very different situation.