Download 2025

Andre91

On 9/22/2024 at 2:16 PM, Heyzoos said:

Today's DL social media reads like a Greenday hint... Green firework smoke coupled with "Wake us up when it's June".

Seems pretty clear, but don't remember them playing the hints game in previous years - anyone got a better memory than me?!

Weren't there loads of Black Parade references earlier this year?

7 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Sleep Token supporting Linkin park in Paris in November.

I've had a feeling Sleepy T were going to be at Download but not headlining. Just think it's too soon for Download to take a punt on them and they'd want a more gradual rise. Subbing Linkin Park makes so much sense. 

Paris ain't their home turf where they've practically sold out 7 arenas. They'll be there in a headline slot or not there (but they'll be there). 

Would like to imagine they've got LP but the more time passes the more I think they've missed LP and Reading+Leeds have them instead, could still be though. 

8 hours ago, Deviceing said:

Weren't there loads of Black Parade references earlier this year?

Not really. Andy Copping tagged a dog plush as #theblackparade or something like that as it was a similar style but the headliners were already long since announced so some assumed they were the secret set for some reason! Nothing like the main Download page posting a hint towards a famous lyric and photoshopping a photo in their colour scheme after the band themselves have been announced at other festivals and leaked as playing Download here!

15 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Sleep Token supporting Linkin park in Paris in November.

I've had a feeling Sleepy T were going to be at Download but not headlining. Just think it's too soon for Download to take a punt on them and they'd want a more gradual rise. Subbing Linkin Park makes so much sense. 

I'm going to go Linkin Park - Green Day - Pearl Jam as my final prediction

France has no bearing on Download. Sleep Token subbing makes no sense for the band who don't really like playing in daylight.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

8 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Paris ain't their home turf where they've practically sold out 7 arenas. They'll be there in a headline slot or not there (but they'll be there). 

Would like to imagine they've got LP but the more time passes the more I think they've missed LP and Reading+Leeds have them instead, could still be though. 

Nothing of those dates suggests Download would be out.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Nothing of those dates suggests Download would be out.

What dates, this year's tour..? No, wouldn't have any impact at all, it's more piecing together of info from a few people who either definitely or might know things. Not saying it's off the table as things obviously change but right now I'm leaning towards them doing Leeds + Reading instead based on a few factors.