Download 2025

Andre91

8 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

You got a source?

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Fella mentioned it on the DL forums who has known stuff in the past. Just posted a simple ‘Frank Carter & The Sex Pistols will be there.’ 

I think third down Green Day day personally but wouldn’t be too shocked if they had them sub. 

Hello, this is me 🤣

It's not concrete on Download to be fair, but they're playing 20 festivals in 2025 so I'd be stunned if Download wasn't one. 

Friday

Apex: SLEEP TOKEN / Deftones / Spiritbox / Jinjer

Opus: Lamb of God / Mastodon

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

______

Saturday

Apex: GREEN DAY / Avril Lavigne / Frank Carter and Sex Pistols

Opus: Slayer / Sepultura

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Whitechapel

_____

Sunday

Apex: KORN / Falling In Reverse / Bad Omens

Opus: Alice In Chains / Till Lindemann

Avalanche: Pennywise

Dogtooth: Chimaira

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Seen a lot of people are predicting Saturday for Green Day? Is there anything in this? Wanted to give download a go for a while but thinking of just a day ticket and return coach for the Saturday if it’s Green day

I think it's just because they are by far the biggest band rumoured to be playing and the Saturday is the 'main' day I guess

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Friday

Apex: SLEEP TOKEN / Deftones / Spiritbox / Jinjer

Opus: Lamb of God / Mastodon

Avalanche: Skindred

Dogtooth: Zeal & Ardor

______

Saturday

Apex: GREEN DAY / Avril Lavigne / Frank Carter and Sex Pistols

Opus: Slayer / Sepultura

Avalanche: letlive.

Dogtooth: Whitechapel

_____

Sunday

Apex: KORN / Falling In Reverse / Bad Omens

Opus: Alice In Chains / Till Lindemann

Avalanche: Pennywise

Dogtooth: Chimaira

Saturday main is the dream

Looking at my first download next year. Seeing the rumours it appears Green Day is nailed on. Linkin Park also seems like an obvious pick plus Andy Copping is all over them on Instagram. Then I've also heard rumours of MCR looking to do a UK festival next year (unsure how true this is though).

My questions are:

1. Realistically do they have the budget for Green Day, Linkin Park and MCR? Is it more likely 2 of them and one cheaper band I.e. sleep token/korn?

2. Would GD, LP, MCR go down well at Download? They all seem accessible 'When We Were Young' type headliners and I get the impression there might be some gatekeeping?

Copenhell announced a bunch of bands today. There’s usually quite a bit of crossover: 

DREAM THEATER, IN FLAMES, LORNA SHORE, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, SODOM, SYLOSIS, MYRKUR, MNEMIC, ALIEN ANT FARM, GLORYHAMMER, ANAAL NATHRAKH, WILL HAVEN, KIM DRACULA, STRYCHNOS, SWARTZHEIM, ASHES OF BILLY, WIEGEDOOD, CONAN, GORILLA ANGREB, THUS, CASTLE RAT, GUILT TRIP, WORMROT, YOSEMITE IN BLACK, BRAT and SYRACUSÆ.

Some amazing smaller heavier bands there I’d like to see on the Dogtooth. 

38 minutes ago, p0sterb0y said:

Looking at my first download next year. Seeing the rumours it appears Green Day is nailed on. Linkin Park also seems like an obvious pick plus Andy Copping is all over them on Instagram. Then I've also heard rumours of MCR looking to do a UK festival next year (unsure how true this is though).

My questions are:

1. Realistically do they have the budget for Green Day, Linkin Park and MCR? Is it more likely 2 of them and one cheaper band I.e. sleep token/korn?

2. Would GD, LP, MCR go down well at Download? They all seem accessible 'When We Were Young' type headliners and I get the impression there might be some gatekeeping?

They probably don't have the budget for GD/LP/MCR to be the headliners! General feeling is LP are doing other things and MCR are at least about but no news there yet. They would probably be my ideal headliners though if I was to be selfish!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, p0sterb0y said:

My questions are:

No chance that can afford that trio. Sleep Token and Green Day, then signs are pointing towards Korn but maybe still LP. 

Expensive trio would go down a storm if they actually did have the budget for it, that's 2 stadium bands and the hottest name for next year that isn't Oasis. But nah. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

No chance that can afford that trio. Sleep Token and Green Day, then signs are pointing towards Korn but maybe still LP. 

Expensive trio would go down a storm if they actually did have the budget for it, that's 2 stadium bands and the hottest name for next year that isn't Oasis. But nah. 

I mean if they wanted to do 120000 over the weekend they could.

40 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I mean if they wanted to do 120000 over the weekend they could.

I mean sure, if Mr. Copping can clear the budget with the higher ups they can book AC/DC three times for enough money. But there's gonna be a point of diminishing returns where you'd have X number of people in the field anyway and booking the biggest Download ever on top of the rest of the lineup doesn't make it worth it. Reckon you could get 120k weekend on Linkin Park + MCR alone and have the third slot be me and a set of pans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

I mean sure, if Mr. Copping can clear the budget with the higher ups they can book AC/DC three times for enough money. But there's gonna be a point of diminishing returns where you'd have X number of people in the field anyway and booking the biggest Download ever on top of the rest of the lineup doesn't make it worth it. Reckon you could get 120k weekend on Linkin Park + MCR alone and have the third slot be me and a set of pans. 

34 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Imagine LP/GD/MCR with exclusivity would be costing £15,000,000+. They can't afford that unless they f**ked the rest of the line-up completely.

And yet fests like Hellfest and Graspop do it year on year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

England isn't France or Belgium. MCR played 8 UK shows on their last tour including stadiums and parks, then they played a 20k capacity arena in France once. They don't cost as much to book there. 

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hellfest is an absolute anomaly so the comparison is pointless. Graspop is a little more what Download is looking at. I stand by the UK being one of the most expensive and restrictive places to set up a festival in Europe and things like Brexit have only made it tougher. The costs to bands are being put into their fees from what I heard so each band costs a little more and, logistically, every single thing in the festival costs more each year. Not saying Download can't do more but festivals in the UK are struggling like hell.

Worth noting that a lot of big bands play 1, maybe 2 shows in places like France and yet tour this tiny little rock extensively. That's worth way more to bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day than a lone festival appearance.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

https://www.graspop.be/en/history

Don't need to cover how the UK market is different to mainland Europe as @BenG92 and @Judas Yeast have already covered it, but even if we accept the premise that they are (which they aren't). I really don't see how Graspop gets bigger bookings than Download...

I know it's more expensive to book bands in the UK than the rest of Europe but are you all suggesting Download made a loss last year? Because Metallica, Slipknot, BMTH and that support bill weren't cheap yet you all saying it's not possible to book that level? 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

I know it's more expensive to book bands in the UK than the rest of Europe but are you all suggesting Download made a loss last year? Because Metallica, Slipknot, BMTH and that support bill weren't cheap yet you all saying it's not possible to book that level? 

Even casting back to other years, if they can have Sabbath, Rammstein and Maiden on one weekend I'm sure they could manage the three suggested also

When they hugely increased the amount of tickets they sold? Then last year we had QOTSA, FOB and A7X with a significantly cheaper lineup all round. 

11 minutes ago, Long Season said:

Even casting back to other years, if they can have Sabbath, Rammstein and Maiden on one weekend I'm sure they could manage the three suggested also

That was 8 years ago and things have only gotten worse since then. 

Once again, not saying Download shouldn't be doing better but it's no secret that the UK is a very different situation to mainland Europe. UK festivals are folding at a hell of a rate.

3 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Imagine LP/GD/MCR with exclusivity would be costing £15,000,000+. They can't afford that unless they f**ked the rest of the line-up completely.

I don't see them 3 costing that much. Green Day would be the most expensive one and they would probably charge their top so about $2.2m. Probably about £4-5m 

Slipknot and Bring Me are much cheaper than Linkin Park, MCR and Green Day to book. The combined fee of Slipknot and Bring Me is going to be less than/similar than one of those three headliners. They could eat 2 and skimp on the undercard like 2018 or have a reduced undercard like 2023. 2023 actually had less acts than 2022 which had quite a few drop outs that weren't replaced and a 2024 which had drop outs a week before the fest, despite the extra day.

If they spend too much on headliners they have to make saving elsewhere on the line-up. They are given a budget by Live Nation to work to and the rest of the line-up would suffer or they would need to puck ticket prices up again.