Download 2025

Andre91

Sleep Token are the fastest rising, hypest band in heavy music in god knows how long who have a rabid, devoted fanbase who will fly in from other countries to see them. Them booking them in 2025 will be a masterstroke and the best, smartest booking they’ve made since giving Slipknot the leg up in 2009. 

Green Day are one of the biggest bands on the planet. Who’s as big as they are? AC/DC, Metallica, Foos? I’d say that’s about it. They will bring in punters like nobody’s business. 

KoRn are a legacy act who routinely pull crowds as big as (or bigger) than whoever headlines their day. They’re the Download band in terms of who has played the most down the years. They’re so popular with the DL crowd that sticking them to headline on the Sunday will ensure that a lot of people, who may go home if it was another, less DL friendly band playing, will stick around to watch them. 

I think it’s a great trio. I can see why people are dubious about KoRn but, I guarantee, come the end of their set, everyone will be thinking ‘They should’ve headlined years ago.’ 

Sleep Token and Green Day are the big ticket sellers; they can afford to have a smaller band alongside them. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Sleep Token are the fastest rising, hypest band in heavy music in god knows how long who have a rabid, devoted fanbase who will fly in from other countries to see them. Them booking them in 2025 will be a masterstroke and the best, smartest booking they’ve made since giving Slipknot the leg up in 2009. 

Green Day are one of the biggest bands on the planet. Who’s as big as they are? AC/DC, Metallica, Foos? I’d say that’s about it. They will bring in punters like nobody’s business. 

KoRn are a legacy act who routinely pull crowds as big as (or bigger) than whoever headlines their day. They’re the Download band in terms of who has played the most down the years. They’re so popular with the DL crowd that sticking them to headline on the Sunday will ensure that a lot of people, who may go home if it was another, less DL friendly band playing, will stick around to watch them. 

I think it’s a great trio. I can see why people are dubious about KoRn but, I guarantee, come the end of their set, everyone will be thinking ‘They should’ve headlined years ago.’ 

Sleep Token and Green Day are the big ticket sellers; they can afford to have a smaller band alongside them. 

I saw Korn headline the French Download in 2016. They made it look f**king easy and it was a great time. Easily should headline Download next year. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

You can really tell the naysayers of Sleep Token headlining are saying this purely based on emotion and their dislike for the music. 100,000+ tickets on an almost sold out arena tour and a #3 album in the charts under ed sheeran & lewis capaldi is objective. No way would they or should they take any lower at Download.

• Like 1