Download 2025

Andre91

APEX: Sleep Token / Deftones / Spiritbox / Jinjer / Bury Tomorrow / Kim Dracula / Loathe 

OPUS: Lamb of God / Meshuggah / In Flames

AVALANCHE: Feeder / Basement 

DOGTOOTH: Igorrr

APEX: Green Day / Avril Lavigne / Frank Carter & Sex Pistols / Coheed and Cambria / The Interrupters / The Story So Far / Cassyette / As December Falls 

OPUS: Falling In Reverse / Lorna Shore / Knocked Loose

AVALANCHE: letlive. / Marmozets 

DOGTOOTH: Chimaira

APEX: KoRn / Bullet For My Valentine / Alice In Chains / Motionless In White / Malevolence / Kittie / Sylosis / Green Lung 

OPUS: Bad Omens / Beartooth / Poppy

AVALANCHE: Yellowcard / Boston Manor 

DOGTOOTH: Whitechapel

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Very few bands have the mass appeal across all age groups that Korn have. Gunnersbury more than proved they can headline Download.

What so Limp Bizkit with a wider range of music couldn't but Korn can? 30k capacity. We all know the gamble has been taken due to Green Day, it's same venue that Tom Grennan and PJ Harvey played, are they headlining major festivals?, or are Download able to get away with it because they are the only other festival that will book Korn in the UK now and everyone else says no due to wanting to play other shows? I get the idea of being able to justify it but to say they are more than capable is a bit far. They sold out Gunnersbury, not Finsbury.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Surely is, isn't it.

Have Ghost actually subbed yet? I always just assumed they and Parkway Drive would be next off the rank, but they're not "heritage" sub options, I guess.

Ghost won’t come back until they’re headlining if what Tobias said at the end of their 2023 set is anything to go by 😬

Just now, strudd3rs said:

Ghost won’t come back until they’re headlining if what Tobias said at the end of their 2023 set is anything to go by 😬

Missed that. What did he sound off on?

Read an interview with him a few years ago around a show in Leeds, basically said his favourite record was Maiden's Live After Death. Fella has good taste.

6 minutes ago, northernangel said:

What so Limp Bizkit with a wider range of music couldn't but Korn can? 30k capacity. We all know the gamble has been taken due to Green Day, it's same venue that Tom Grennan and PJ Harvey played, are they headlining major festivals?, or are Download able to get away with it because they are the only other festival that will book Korn in the UK now and everyone else says no due to wanting to play other shows? I get the idea of being able to justify it but to say they are more than capable is a bit far. They sold out Gunnersbury, not Finsbury.

Limp Bizkit, with 7 albums, have a wider range of music than KoRn, who have 14 albums? 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Very few bands have the mass appeal across all age groups that Korn have. Gunnersbury more than proved they can headline Download.

Did it? They sold 25k tickets for Gunnersbury, 36k in total on the tour. That isn’t proven headliner numbers. 

From a performance point of view they absolutely proved they can put on a headline worthy set. But I don’t think 36k tickets ‘proves’ they’re a headliner. 

It’s a weak booking by any standard. Suspect when they bumped Korn up they probably thought they’d got Green Day & another stadium level headliner so it made more sense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Limp Bizkit, with 7 albums, have a wider range of music than KoRn, who have 14 albums? 

Number of albums have nothing to do with it, the material of LB has a wider crossover of music in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ghost will headline 2026. 

Yeah you say stuff like this all the time when it's your favourite bands.... 2023 being one example when it didn't happen either.

Where are you getting Bullet to sub Download in 2025 and on the weakest topping day too? I guess as ADTR have only had 7 studio albums though, as has Avril Lavigne and Royal Blood have 4 albums for example that is now the sub criteria bracket. Calling all those bands with 8 or more albums to step forward for your headline...nope not you Disturbed....oh its actually 9 we need now to headline.

Anyway, I don't need a reply to this as we won't agree and frankly we don't need to. But I had attempted not to reply to messages from you recently due to this reason but not replying was rude. But let's stop there.

18 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Ghost / MCR / Iron Maiden for 2026 would work very well. 

I can't see how Maiden already stretching their tour in 3 years with 2025 will still be touring into 2026. They will have played in 2022, 23, 24 and 25. They aren't as young as they were.

13 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Did it? They sold 25k tickets for Gunnersbury, 36k in total on the tour. That isn’t proven headliner numbers. 

From a performance point of view they absolutely proved they can put on a headline worthy set. But I don’t think 36k tickets ‘proves’ they’re a headliner. 

It’s a weak booking by any standard. Suspect when they bumped Korn up they probably thought they’d got Green Day & another stadium level headliner so it made more sense. 

From what we have heard, I suspect they have gone for Sleep Token, Green Day and Muse again...Muse said no so Korn have got the bump. Recent information said Muse considered but declined. To be fair at this point they only make that a little better.

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Number of albums have nothing to do with it, the material of LB has a wider crossover of music in my opinion.

Yeah you say stuff like this all the time when it's your favourite bands.... 2023 being one example when it didn't happen either.

Where are you getting Bullet to sub Download in 2025 and on the weakest topping day too? I guess as ADTR have only had 7 studio albums though, as has Avril Lavigne and Royal Blood have 4 albums for example that is now the sub criteria bracket. Calling all those bands with 8 or more albums to step forward for your headline...nope not you Disturbed....oh its actually 9 we need now to headline.

Anyway, I don't need a reply to this as we won't agree and frankly we don't need to. But I had attempted not to reply to messages from you recently due to this reason but not replying was rude. But let's stop there.

I don’t even like Ghost that much… 

Can’t really decipher the rest of your incoherent ramblings but the most I can make sense of is re: Bullet, who will surely be around if Trivium are at Bloodstock (and they’re not playing there because they would headline). Bullet have just shifted a tonne of tickets for that tour; they’re not dropping below sub at Download, even if it is a bit of a duff booking. 

53 minutes ago, northernangel said:

31 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Both of you seem to be confusing what you like with what other people like. Ok you both don't like Korn that much. So what? The masses do. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Both of you seem to be confusing what you like with what other people like. Ok you both don't like Korn that much. So what? The masses do. 

I love Korn, they’re one of my favourite bands. 

Doesn’t change the fact that selling 25k tickets for Gunnersbury park doesn’t ‘prove’ they should headline Download. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I can't see how Maiden already stretching their tour in 3 years with 2025 will still be touring into 2026. They will have played in 2022, 23, 24 and 25. They aren't as young as they were.

Maiden have already said that Run for Your Lives World Tour will head into 2026. The question is quite how they'll shape the US leg - I'd assume another autumn run, like this one they're kicking off now.

Summer 2025: Europe
Winter 2026: Australasia
Summer 2026: European Festivals
Autumn 2026: Americas

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Doesn’t change the fact that selling 25k tickets for Gunnersbury park doesn’t ‘prove’ they should headline Download. 

It depends, because you can argue that the two nights at The O2 Arena criteria isn't that much more. With seating configurations, it's... what, just north of 30,000 sometimes?

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t even like Ghost that much… 

Can’t really decipher the rest of your incoherent ramblings but the most I can make sense of is re: Bullet, who will surely be around if Trivium are at Bloodstock (and they’re not playing there because they would headline). Bullet have just shifted a tonne of tickets for that tour; they’re not dropping below sub at Download, even if it is a bit of a duff booking. 

Has the BFMV tour actually shifted? I thought it looked ambitious when they announced it.

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It depends, because you can argue that the two nights at The O2 Arena criteria isn't that much more. With seating configurations, it's... what, just north of 30,000 sometimes?

Two nights at the 02 is 40k. But I think that quote has been taken out of context a little, I think the point Cam was making was the benchmark is usually the ability to shift 40k tickets in one place. Korn shifted 25k in London, if they thought they could shift 40k they’d have done Finsbury instead of Gunnersbury. 

I’m not saying Korn couldn’t have done more tickets on their recent tour, but the fact is they didn’t and some people are acting as if they sold out Wembley stadium. Regardless Download have booked them, but anyone pretending it isn’t a weak/cheap booking is fooling themselves. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

My statement wasn't just based on the amount of tickets sold, it was also based on their performance and the crowd reaction to it.