Download 2025

Andre91

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Agreed, if only as it seems like this is the market that would be ripe for one. And MK Bowl seems like it would still also work as a place for it, not least given it's availability.

We could deffo do with another festival, Sonisphere showed that one can co-exist alongside Download and Bloodstock and the smaller ones. I think a 1 day Knotfest would be great and would deffo sell providing it had a decent supper bill. 

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

We could deffo do with another festival, Sonisphere showed that one can co-exist alongside Download and Bloodstock and the smaller ones. I think a 1 day Knotfest would be great and would deffo sell providing it had a decent supper bill. 

Sonisphere lasted 3 years as a regular festival. I loved that festival, but it didn't co-exist, it pretty much started and died.

41 minutes ago, LoadDown Podcast said:

Sonisphere lasted 3 years as a regular festival. I loved that festival, but it didn't co-exist, it pretty much started and died.

It was rammed for each of those years and they came back and did a 4th one which sold out. Problem was they had less capacity than Download but were outdoing them with both the headliner quality and the support bill, so they were just breaking even and not making a profit, which for a promoter outside of the big 2 wasn't enough.

A Knotfest UK would be done by  live nation which instantly puts them at an advantage over Sonisphere. If Korn and Limp Bizkit can do Gunnersbury Park with a few support bands then I'm sure Slipknot could do MK Bowl with a decent support bill. Remember money isn't just made through ticket sales either, it's food/drink and merch too, and a 1 day Knotfest UK event would do a hell of alot of merch! 

Edited by Spiral_Low