Download 2025

Andre91

It is much easier for Download to curate a day for Green Day than it is for IOW. To IOW they are stadium rock band, to Download they are going to be seen more as a punk/pop-punk band. IOW isn't booking punk or pop-punk, but when they have booked punk in the past, it has been Sex Pistols, Iggy and the Stooges and The Stranglers. They aren't booking the likes of The Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep or The Story So Far on the undercard, which Download have done before and will again.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Falling in Reverse seem to be a bizarrely big draw for a band whose best-charting album in the UK reached #29.

People don’t really buy albums anymore. You’ll usually see a massive artist like Foos or Taylor Swift and then anyone who does vinyl/outstore shows to sell records get charting but it’s not a very good metric for where to be placed at a festival. Spotify also isn’t a great metric because you don’t know the demographic, why someone is listening, do they know the artist they’re listening to? & do they go to the shows? I’d say your best bet for placing bands at festivals these days is size of shows and how many tickets they’ve sold/if they’ve sold out. 

Falling In Reverse have sold a tonne of tickets so I’m expecting them to sub Main or headline Second at the very least. It is worth noting these are their first ever UK shows so that has obviously played a part but if they can keep these numbers up (or even exceed them) in future, they’re absolutely in the headliner conversation going forward. 

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

People don’t really buy albums anymore. You’ll usually see a massive artist like Foos or Taylor Swift and then anyone who does vinyl/outstore shows to sell records get charting but it’s not a very good metric for where to be placed at a festival. Spotify also isn’t a great metric because you don’t know the demographic, why someone is listening, do they know the artist they’re listening to? & do they go to the shows? I’d say your best bet for placing bands at festivals these days is size of shows and how many tickets they’ve sold/if they’ve sold out. 

Yup. Even with Spotify I usually just look for a compilation of what I like more than anything and play a random mix.

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Falling In Reverse have sold a tonne of tickets so I’m expecting them to sub Main or headline Second at the very least. It is worth noting these are their first ever UK shows so that has obviously played a part but if they can keep these numbers up (or even exceed them) in future, they’re absolutely in the headliner conversation going forward. 

For someone who predicts bands like you do, to even put them in second stage headline territory now is madness. Way above that.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

100% sub or second stage headliner agreed. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

They are two different levels. I don't think any second stage headliner, even The bigger one's from the anniversary year can do the tour they have and sell at the rate they have.

Sometimes I think it’s about who is on main and if a band want to headline a stage though. Like Korn headlining main I could see FIR accepting the second stage but if they are offered sub for ST they might want to do it. 

Yeah, Falling in Reverse have sold a very impressive amount of tickets. Probably getting close to headliner levels. I went and checked because I was thinking "no way".

Cannot see any lower than sub, and they actually seem like a big sub to me.

10 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Yeah, Falling in Reverse have sold a very impressive amount of tickets. Probably getting close to headliner levels. I went and checked because I was thinking "no way".

Cannot see any lower than sub, and they actually seem like a big sub to me.

Can see FiR and Bad Omens being two of the subs