Download 2025

Andre91

12 hours ago, foolee said:

Sometimes I think it’s about who is on main and if a band want to headline a stage though. Like Korn headlining main I could see FIR accepting the second stage but if they are offered sub for ST they might want to do it. 

I think they'd rather skip completely that accept second. They are selling far more than any Download second stage headliner on a normal year. Take this year for example, I don't remember who FFAF replaced so I won't count them but Pantera haven't sold their tour well from what I've read and they'll outsell MH easy here. Download is also somewhere where you get bigger crowds on second main stage for certain bands that might not otherwise fly out on tour so imagine someone where they do fly out.

12 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Yeah, Falling in Reverse have sold a very impressive amount of tickets. Probably getting close to headliner levels. I went and checked because I was thinking "no way".

Cannot see any lower than sub, and they actually seem like a big sub to me.

Exactly this.

12 hours ago, callum97 said:

Can see FiR and Bad Omens being two of the subs

The only way Bullet are still subbing now for me is if FIR and Bad Omens/Detones are sub and I'm sure we have info Deftones are very likely. FIR is just guess work at this point.

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It depends when they were booked though. If it was before they upscaled the tour headlining second would make sense. In the same way Ghost were booked for second before they had another huge boost in popularity. 

There has to be a recognition surely though that based on sales, you need to move a band that are ery borderline main stage headliners themselves to a bigger stage slot?

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Because it's the first time they are playing the UK they have sold alot. Doesn't mean they have more fans overall...I mean bigger than Ghost c'mon can't take that seriously. 

I'm going by ticket sales, I don't care if it's the first time they are playing. You've had artists that came and played 3 nights Brixton then the following yesr selling multiple arenas as quick as any artists in the last 15 years at £90/100 a ticket. FIR have sold in one sitting without literally looking numbers to numbers, a little less tickets than Ghost did over both 2019 and 22 tours.