Download 2025

Andre91

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Reference Green Day I find it doubtful even for DL on the Friday...the Logistics to get across to Italy with that one day in between is telling me No Chance for Download 

Muse did Florence to Lisbon to Isle of Wight two years ago as a three days back-to-back affair. It's possible.

I highly doubt green day are gonna play with this announcement..., they're massive at the moment and they would have been the perfect Saturday headliner, unless they've got someone even bigger to fill in on the Saturday i find it unlikely personally

7 minutes ago, morgo321 said:

How likely are Limp Bizkit to return to Download next year? They went down very well this year!

Bands towards the top of the bill never do two years in a row 

I think LB will headline next time they do it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

They aren't the biggest band into the world though 

It was slight hyperbole but they’re top 4-5 constantly touring bands. AC/DC, Foos, Metallica, Coldplay, Green Day. That is about it. The point still stands. Them jumping between two relatively close countries isn’t going to be any sort of issue. 

Edited by Andre91

14 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Green Day - Slipknot - Korn

Green Day - SOAD - Korn

Green Day - Sleep Token - Korn

🤔

This is the reason why if they have had to let Green Day do a Glastonbury show too then they have. They can't forever expect to get who they want after using the bands that play for them...many recently of which unless they've bowed to demands can't sell out their own outdoors and not bow to other demands too.

There could be thing like Slipknot didn't bands it again or whatever but without a strong band and if need be Friday that could be the weakest trio they've had....and its by far not the strongest.

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Wild anyone thinks this rules them out of Download, it makes far more sense to have GD Friday and ST Saturday for the young'uns still in school 

Also, wedging Sleepy T between to bands a lot of people will want to see in Green Day and KoRn will as many people arrive on time for the Friday as possible.

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It was slight hyperbole but they’re top 4-5 constantly touring bands. AC/DC, Foos, Metallica, Coldplay, Green Day. That is about it. The point still stands. Them jumping between two relatively close countries isn’t going to be any sort of issue. 

I'm aware there was a 'slight'....A LOT of hyperbole lol.

So small point to consider and probably irrelevant but anyway.....

Slipknot's anniversary tour is exactly that, 14 songs from their debut album, nothing else. It's only just over an hour long.

Now Download haven't done co-headliners before. But if they wanted Slipknot doing this tour then I feel they'd have no choice but to.

Therefore perhaps it could be:

Green Day - Slipknot + Sleep Token - Korn 

Sleep Token do an 80 min headline set 7:30 - 8:50pm. Then Slipknot do the first album 9:30 - 10:35pm 

Edited by Spiral_Low
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

So small point to consider and probably irrelevant but anyway.....

Slipknot's anniversary tour is exactly that, 14 songs from their debut album, nothing else. It's only just over an hour long.

Now Download haven't done co-headliners before. But if they wanted Slipknot doing this tour then I feel they'd have no choice but to.

Therefore perhaps it could be:

Green Day - Slipknot + Sleep Token - Korn 

Sleep Token do an 80 min headline set 7:30 - 8:50pm. Then Slipknot do the first album 9:30 - 10:35pm 

I think you'd be more likely to get Slipknot and Korn.

3 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Sleep Token arent playing in the daylight 

I mean every Download headliner plays at least some of their set in the daylight it doesn't really get dark till like 10pm on a sunny day in June. 

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think you'd be more likely to get Slipknot and Korn.

Could happen too, yes and people would crazy for that. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I'm aware there was a 'slight'....A LOT of hyperbole lol.

It’s really not, is it. They sell out stadium after stadium and headline festival after festival no matter where they are in the world. They’re at the very top table and it’s not even debatable. 

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

On the subject of short headliner sets, did I see it was sixty-five minutes for MCR at WWWY the other day?

That's soft, even if it pretty much is just the album as billed.

Everyone’s set times at that festival look dodgy. I think FOB are the only ones who got a typical full set time.