Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Download 2025

Andre91

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Falling In Reverse heavily rumoured for Warp Tour in the US which clashes with Download. 

Rock AM Ring announcing 50 bands tomorrow. Saw something about a teaser online somewhere saying three of the bands they’re announcing have numbers in their name. If true, I’m going for Thirty Seconds To Mars, Five Finger Death Punch & Three Days Grace. 

Jokes when people rejoice over FIR not being there, only to get Thirty Seconds To Mars instead. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Would make sense if the chat of thinking they had a big band (MCR) in the bag before having to go cap in hand back to Sleep Token are true.

I think the big band was Muse or AC/DC but exactly that. Or that’s also why they got Korn. 

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rock AM Ring announcing 50 bands tomorrow. Saw something about a teaser online somewhere saying three of the bands they’re announcing have numbers in their name. If true, I’m going for Thirty Seconds To Mars, Five Finger Death Punch & Three Days Grace. 

Jokes when people rejoice over FIR not being there, only to get Thirty Seconds To Mars instead. 

Those 3 would be logical but I would expect Sevendust to do Euro fests (looking at their currently announced US dates through Spring). Also wouldn't be surprised if 3Teeth turned up though that may be less likely. 

7 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think the big band was Muse or AC/DC but exactly that. Or that’s also why they got Korn. 

I don't think they ever had AC/DC. Muse is who I believe they wanted but said no so got Korn. I'd rather Green Day was Saturday so a day off wasn't needed but that's not happening.

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Those 3 would be logical but I would expect Sevendust to do Euro fests (looking at their currently announced US dates through Spring). Also wouldn't be surprised if 3Teeth turned up though that may be less likely. 

It's not a great start if the thought of 3 top bands include 30 STM and FFDP, not for me anyway which I why I'm probably looking at Werchter more. RAR 23 I think was the one to go for. Surely 30 STM might even headline RAR?

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Green Day / Muse / a lowballed Sleep Token offer which they rejected so they get Korn

Muse drop out and they go back to Sleep Token with a proper offer

Is roughly where we're at based on piecing info together, I think. 

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Green Day / Muse / a lowballed Sleep Token offer which they rejected so they get Korn

Muse drop out and they go back to Sleep Token with a proper offer

Is roughly where we're at based on piecing info together, I think. 

I think you're about right without Muse actually dropping out. Someone said they were asked, thought about it but said no. I would hazard a guess that RAR wanted to keep that ST exclusive tag for longer than they did for sales but knowing another festival in Europe had them. Without Download announcing, they can keep that up until early November really. Everything is exclusive until it's not.

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think you're about right without Muse actually dropping out. Someone said they were asked, thought about it but said no. I would hazard a guess that RAR wanted to keep that ST exclusive tag for longer than they did for sales but knowing another festival in Europe had them. Without Download announcing, they can keep that up until early November really. Everything is exclusive until it's not.

I believe it went -

MCR / Green Day / Sleep Token - Sleep Token offer too low, so it becomes MCR / Green Day / KoRn

MCR drop out so Download try Muse who aren't touring - Muse think about it so they think it might be Green Day / KoRn / Muse

Muse then decide not do it so they go back to Sleep Token and it becomes Green Day / Sleep Token/ KoRn

Even though they are the biggest of all 5, Green Day would be bottom of the list for me personally. For me it would be Sleep Token > MCR > Muse/KoRn > Green Day. I think dropping Sleep Token would have been the biggest bollock they could have dropped, so so glad they are back, just a shame it is because of no MCR sadly. Let's hope the tour next year happens.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I believe it went -

MCR / Green Day / Sleep Token - Sleep Token offer too low, so it becomes MCR / Green Day / KoRn

MCR drop out so Download try Muse who aren't touring - Muse think about it so they think it might be Green Day / KoRn / Muse

Muse then decide not do it so they go back to Sleep Token and it becomes Green Day / Sleep Token/ KoRn

Even though they are the biggest of all 5, Green Day would be bottom of the list for me personally. For me it would be Sleep Token > MCR > Muse/KoRn > Green Day. I think dropping Sleep Token would have been the biggest bollock they could have dropped, so so glad they are back, just a shame it is because of no MCR sadly. Let's hope the tour next year happens.

Where is this info coming from, out of curiosity? Forums? 

34 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I believe it went -

For me it would be Green Day and then MCR I'd be in favour of. Let's just hope Glastonbury have Green Day too.

Edited by northernangel

Plenty form that Novarock announcement I think we’ll get, including: 

Dream Theatre, Knocked Loose, The Ghost Inside, In Flames, Motionless In White, Jerry Cantrell, Poppy, Seven Hours After Violet, Kittie, Lorna Shore, Whitechapel. 

Could also maybe see: Heaven Shall Burn, Airbourne, Flogging Molly, Thrice. 

Flogging Molly would be a good booking for Green Day’s day. 

Edited by Andre91