Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Download 2025

Andre91

Blimey. That's quite the situation.

I mean, let's be fair - if you've got a set budget to spread across three acts and you've finally managed to nab Green Day - assuming they were a lock as early as the summer - then I understand lowballing Sleep Token if MCR are also on the page.

My Chemical Romance / Green Day / Sleep Token

Then:

My Chemical Romance / Green Day / Korn

Then:

Muse / Green Day / Korn

Then:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Korn

Which is kind of insane, because it would mean Korn came in as a replacement for the smallest headliner of the three, who then came back anyway.

It's still a strange one for me Green Day as big as they are playing the Friday when historically the bigger band plays the Saturday which draws bigger ticket sales. 

Just makes me think whether they initially said yes and then pulled the plug. 

It's a least an 18 hour drive from UK to Florence maybe longer for a truck on tacho rules.

I'm less convinced they are at Download now for those reasons.

22 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Blimey. That's quite the situation.

I mean, let's be fair - if you've got a set budget to spread across three acts and you've finally managed to nab Green Day - assuming they were a lock as early as the summer - then I understand lowballing Sleep Token if MCR are also on the page.

My Chemical Romance / Green Day / Sleep Token

Then:

My Chemical Romance / Green Day / Korn

Then:

Muse / Green Day / Korn

Then:

Sleep Token / Green Day / Korn

Which is kind of insane, because it would mean Korn came in as a replacement for the smallest headliner of the three, who then came back anyway.

It was quote obvious Korn were chose  due to dropouts/not getting their bands. 

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's still a strange one for me Green Day as big as they are playing the Friday when historically the bigger band plays the Saturday which draws bigger ticket sales. 

Just makes me think whether they initially said yes and then pulled the plug. 

It's a least an 18 hour drive from UK to Florence maybe longer for a truck on tacho rules.

I'm less convinced they are at Download now for those reasons.

Didn't AC/DC play the Friday in 2010? 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

It was quote obvious Korn were chose  due to dropouts/not getting their bands. 

Well, moreso initially that they were cheap to offset MCR + Green day or Muse + Green Day or whatever. Then rather than dumping them they're just giving them the spot anyway and either pocketing the change or spending it on a bigger undercard. 

The thought of them having both MCR and Green Day in the same year is mad. Two of the biggest bookings they could make. If MCR are sticking around, it could work out better in the long run not having them in the same year and they can spread them out over multiple festivals. 

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

They did but there wasn't a weak headliner

There was a weak headliner before they became available; Them Crooked Vultures were booked to headline. It’s a good thing Acca Dacca became available because TCV would have been a PR disaster. The DL crowd famously didn’t give a sh*t and I maintain that that one single experience is why Dave Grohl hasn’t brought the Foos to Donington. 

30 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There was a weak headliner before they became available; Them Crooked Vultures were booked to headline. It’s a good thing Acca Dacca became available because TCV would have been a PR disaster. The DL crowd famously didn’t give a sh*t and I maintain that that one single experience is why Dave Grohl hasn’t brought the Foos to Donington. 

So there wasn't a weak headliner then overall. TCV were crap anyway but yes Foos won't play Download.