Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Download 2025

Andre91

Yeah I originally thought it’d be an issue but it won’t be as quite a few bands did it last year. Apparently Download have some sort of visa exception for the bands which makes doing UK to Europe a bit easier. 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Yeah I originally thought it’d be an issue but it won’t be as quite a few bands did it last year. Apparently Download have some sort of visa exception for the bands which makes doing UK to Europe a bit easier. 

The actual next day though very little little, a day's space yes. I cant imagine VV having much to take over and Sum 41 being on a last jaunt obviously. It may happen but not sure I see a band with a headline show doing it. They could even be Friday at Download below Green Day but I don't see that...nor do it want it. JEW and RA are the exact options lol. Download announcement is two days before JEW tour kicks off too. Green Day and then two would probably be one of the best days Download have booked. RA surely won't be on Korn day as that happened recent enough and ST have options haha.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That being said, Sum 41 made it the next day and VV played Download and Nova the next day. I believe they were the only one's over the last two years that did so maybe.

There were around 10-15 bands that did it last year. Can’t remember them all but I believe Soft Play did it too. 

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

There were around 10-15 bands that did it last year. Can’t remember them all but I believe Soft Play did it too. 

Soft play didn't play either I don't think. If you can find 10 bands that play between Nova Rock and Download with no days gap from last year fairpkay. Wargasm are another but no significant staging needed etc.

You will find bands that play Thursday/Friday and play Saturday/Sunday but it's very rate for bands to do both back to back from what I see.

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Soft play didn't play either I don't think. If you can find 10 bands that play between Nova Rock and Download with no days gap from last year fairpkay. Wargasm are another but no significant staging needed etc.

You will find bands that play Thursday/Friday and play Saturday/Sunday but it's very rate for bands to do both back to back from what I see.

All of these did UK then mainland Europe or mainland Europe and then UK without a day in between last year so doesn’t actually rule anyone out. Frank Carter, Holding Absence, Thy Art is Murder, Tom Morello,  Soft Play, Sum 41, Kerry King, The Struts, Hannabie, Escape the Fate, Royal Republic.

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

All of these did UK then mainland Europe or mainland Europe and then UK without a day in between last year so doesn’t actually rule anyone out. Frank Carter, Holding Absence, Thy Art is Murder, Tom Morello,  Soft Play, Sum 41, Kerry King, The Struts, Hannabie, Escape the Fate, Royal Republic.

Yeah to be fair there is cases but Tom Morello for example played download and paris back to back but with a day before and after. Thy Art is Murder randomly did 3 different places on 4 days. It all depends what setup you've got to take. Specifically Nova and Download thougg there is no many

6 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Idles would be a brilliant green day sub or 2nd stage headliner 

I can see it and with it being Download but i guess a food stop has to come some point.. I also think JEW will play 4th down Green Day, Frank Carter will play 3rd and Rise Against will sub second allowing an alternative to Frank Carter. 

5 minutes ago, callum97 said:

I am leaning to think that green day are on the Friday now 

They aren't going to be any other day. Italy definitely isn't happening back to back with us.

Edited by northernangel

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It's not just about that, it's about what kinda production and how far a band is travelling for the next day.

Well obviously, but it's also very true that Download is probably the best connected festival in the country in terms of planes trains and automobiles. 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

The actual next day though very little little, a day's space yes. I cant imagine VV having much to take over and Sum 41 being on a last jaunt obviously. It may happen but not sure I see a band with a headline show doing it. They could even be Friday at Download below Green Day but I don't see that...nor do it want it. JEW and RA are the exact options lol. Download announcement is two days before JEW tour kicks off too. Green Day and then two would probably be one of the best days Download have booked. RA surely won't be on Korn day as that happened recent enough and ST have options haha.

Slipknot did it in 23 - Nova (Austria) Saturday, Download Sunday

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's not just Nova - mid sized fests like Greenfield, RockFest and Rock4People (who get big headliners) also happen Download weekend

10 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Slipknot did it in 23 - Nova (Austria) Saturday, Download Sunday

I didn't say it didn't happen, just it's not a higher number for back to back. 

5 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

It's not just Nova - mid sized fests like Greenfield, RockFest and Rock4People (who get big headliners) also happen Download weekend

Agreed. Nova and Greenfield are closer as it RFP like next door.