Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Download 2025

Andre91

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

not sure whether we have an idea or not but who are we looking at for the headliners? 

So as mentioned, Green Day, Sleep Token and Korn are the heavily rumoured bands for Download that reliable info points at. 

There is the question though of what Slipknot are gonna do, as it would be really unusual for them to come over to Europe to play fests and not do anything in the UK. 

There's also a headliner that Nova Rock and Rock AM/IM haven't announced which could be Linkin Park, given they are expected to do Euro fests next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I know the info on Green Day, Sleep Token & Korn is reliable, but I will be really shocked if Linkin Park are around at the right time and not playing Download given the history they have with it. 

Unless of course they’ve chosen to avoid it for that reason. 

I personally think if Download have booked both ST and Korn to headline but not LP they've dropped a bollock but you also can't just choose to have them if they fancy another gig this year....which is why I reckon BST might have them. I think having them the following year though is risky. If you take playing Reading for example, the only day I'd have attended from someone who was die hard on them would have been Reading Saturday and given they booked LDR and Fred for that day it's unlikely. BST would be my guess with a place holder for a second day.

8 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

So as mentioned, Green Day, Sleep Token and Korn are the heavily rumoured bands for Download that reliable info points at. 

There is the question though of what Slipknot are gonna do, as it would be really unusual for them to come over to Europe to play fests and not do anything in the UK. 

There's also a headliner that Nova Rock and Rock AM/IM haven't announced which could be Linkin Park, given they are expected to do Euro fests next year. 

54 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I know the info on Green Day, Sleep Token & Korn is reliable, but I will be really shocked if Linkin Park are around at the right time and not playing Download given the history they have with it. 

Unless of course they’ve chosen to avoid it for that reason. 

I think Linkin Park have gone with the money so looking like BST is likely and rumours of either Slipknot doing a Knotfest or skipping the UK because of the amount of tickets they’ve sold on the UK tour. 

19 minutes ago, Timetime said:

R&L Booked Mike Shinoda without LP. 

This idea that LP have a special connection with DL is just daft.

When Mike went solo it wasn't exactly rock like Linkin Park was. There was a few LP covers but it was much more mellow. They put Skindred, Mike and Sum 41 and had a little bit more of rockier day but those days are kinda gone. The difference is that it was middle off the day with  rapper main headliner. The heavier closing bands with Pendulum and Papa Roach were on smaller stage. That's the difference in booking as booking a big pop option and another through the day is probably where the kids enter the field and then leave and get drunk in camp for the rest. 

41 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Slipknot's UK tour has sold well, hasn't it? I was under the impression it had.

I assume Linkin Park are doing BST. Kind of assumed it was that or a stadium show - though the former poses far less risk.

Its not that it hadn't sold well, it's that it may just be overkill. I think they've decided to do a 25yr arena tour instead of Knotfest here. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Slipknot's UK tour has sold well, hasn't it? I was under the impression it had.

I assume Linkin Park are doing BST. Kind of assumed it was that or a stadium show - though the former poses far less risk.

Completely sold out and resale tickets on Twickets sell faster than lightening... I know because I'm trying to get one!

2 hours ago, Timetime said:

R&L Booked Mike Shinoda without LP. 

I mean LP only did Hybrid Theory front to back once and it was DL - they obviously have a connection to the fest.

I think it is more likely that LP don't want to go with whats safe to push them as high as they can. They are going to know Download will have them next time they want to do EU fests.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I personally think if Download have booked both ST and Korn to headline but not LP they've dropped a bollock but you also can't just choose to have them if they fancy another gig this year

I think not getting Sleep Token would have been a bigger mistake to be honest.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I mean LP only did Hybrid Theory front to back once and it was DL - they obviously have a connection to the fest.

I think it is more likely that LP don't want to go with whats safe to push them as high as they can. They are going to know Download will have them next time they want to do EU fests.

Exactly this.

6 hours ago, Timetime said:

It isn’t though is it. They’ve headlined 4 times in the past, they chose it as the only place to ever play Hybrid Theory in full and Chester is on record as saying it was special to him and one of the best festivals in the world. The connection certainly was there. 

If they’re around in Europe at the time, they’ve either made a conscious effort to avoid Download for now due to the history or they’ve chosen a bigger pay day from somewhere else. 

Also agree with everyone saying nabbing Sleep Token now while they’re red hot is the right move, 100%. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah. Nabbing Sleep Token this time around is the right move.

It is, I don't think its been a choice of the festival though to get anyone of LP.

9 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It isn’t though is it. They’ve headlined 4 times in the past, they chose it as the only place to ever play Hybrid Theory in full and Chester is on record as saying it was special to him and one of the best festivals in the world. The connection certainly was there. 

If they’re around in Europe at the time, they’ve either made a conscious effort to avoid Download for now due to the history or they’ve chosen a bigger pay day from somewhere else. 

Also agree with everyone saying nabbing Sleep Token now while they’re red hot is the right move, 100%. 

I also agree there is obvious a connection between them, you don't headline it that many times if not. Mike Shinoa not talking his solo show there means nothing.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If they had that big a connection to it why was there zero reference to that show when they re-released Hybrid Theory with a load of full concerts too?

This magical idea everyone has about hollowed fecking ground, they played that many times as they got paid for it and were on the circuit at the time. Rule one when interviewed about a performance in a country, say you love it there and the fans. 

There's probably a handful of bands that Download means 'something' to, Trivium for example pretty much launched here, Slipknots break out etc.

LP will play wherever they want to in the UK and any thoughts about ties to Download are just nonsense in my opinion.

Extra point - They played that album in full as that's what Copping wanted as they'd played too many times and people were sick of them. It might be hard to remember prior to Chesters death, but popularity increased massively after. Playing that album in full was down to Copping, not because the band love it here.

Edited by Timetime

9 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Do you think I could fool the Facebook lot with this? 

IMG_0466.png

100%

36 bands I would desperately want to see. Might be the best prediction I’ve seen. 

Would instantly buy a weekend ticket based on this. 

• Like 1