Andre91

18 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Wild prediction time:

Download: Linkin Park / Green Day / AC/DC

w/Sleep Token as one of the subs

2 Day Knotfest UK: BMTH / Slipknot

W/Korn subbing Slipknot 

Gunnersbury Park: Deftones/Incubus double header

Surely they won’t have Green Day and Linkin Park? Mad summer if those are the lineups though. Don’t care for LP reunion but if we get Green Day and AC/DC I’m in. 

7 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

I'd be very happy with that, enjoyed her voice and the new single!

I don't want LP but I think they'll go for them and it'll be cheaper without Chester there. Original LP will cost more.

That being said, I would rather have them as a festival along with other bands than pay £75 to see them separately.....that just isn't happening for me

6 hours ago, K126 said:

Glad it was true so I didn’t look like a dork! Ha

he told me this last weekend, wish I had posted sooner. 

Fingers crossed for AC/DC. They are still superb live and will bring an army of fans. 
That being said, the LP thing was told as a definite, AC/DC was simply a ‘I’ve heard this’ as a rumour. 

So have you heard LP are doing Download next yesr more than AC/DC?

2 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-singer-tour-album-cover-story-interview-1235766805/

Talks of lots of touring in 2025. Feel like it would be a massive miss for Download not to get Linkin Park on the comeback, rather than wait till 2026 or later.

Download won't wait until 2026 surely to get them without Chester..that would be pointless for me.

57 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Wild prediction time:

Download: Linkin Park / Green Day / AC/DC

w/Sleep Token as one of the subs

2 Day Knotfest UK: BMTH / Slipknot

W/Korn subbing Slipknot 

Gunnersbury Park: Deftones/Incubus double header

I'd rather steer clear of Slipknot personally, just don't need them again yet. Download 2023 was probably the only year I can remember them having some bands below them I don't mind. Usually they are booked with likewise as heavy acts which is fair.

Slipknot doing Knotfest is the only way I'd see them not returning.

36 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Think it will Sleep Token subbing Linkin Park

Agreed. Reckon that being revealed to them would have brought them back. 

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Surely they won’t have Green Day and Linkin Park? Mad summer if those are the lineups though. Don’t care for LP reunion but if we get Green Day and AC/DC I’m in. 

If they wanted a sell out then gotta do summin like that. 

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

So have you heard LP are doing Download next yesr more than AC/DC?

Only heard that LP were playing the O2 and Hamburg at the end of September. That was on August 31st.

Nothing about them at download … but the same chap said that the rumour was AC/DC were headlining. 

He was certain about LP tour here but AC/DC a simple rumour that he would have heard in his line of work… which (as shown) has some substance at least. 

14 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Agreed. Reckon that being revealed to them would have brought them back. 

If they wanted a sell out then gotta do summin like that. 

Obviously it being said Sleep Token can only headline now but if they are playing sub at RAR and are back in now, we might still be looking at Linkin Park, Green Day and Slipknot.

5 minutes ago, K126 said:

Only heard that LP were playing the O2 and Hamburg at the end of September. That was on August 31st.

Nothing about them at download … but the same chap said that the rumour was AC/DC were headlining. 

He was certain about LP tour here but AC/DC a simple rumour that he would have heard in his line of work… which (as shown) has some substance at least. 

Well it looks like being out of ST, LP, GD, SK and AC/DC but I'd say at this point that ST are least likely. If they have been dropped from exclusive in Germany and it's not a headline spot anyway and we here they are back in then they aren't surely going to suddenly headline Download. TK, Avril Lavigne and Korn are my guesses for sub. I also think Korn under SK fits, ST under LP fits and Avril under GD fit very well. 

11 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Sleep Token aren't as universally loved as many of you think they are. 

They are definitely worthy of a headliner slot regardless of how universally loved they are, how many of the headliners this year could sell out Wembley in 5 minutes? 🤔

Wasn't this thing about if a band plays, they headline, also said about Ghost which did not happen.

I'm not sure I'm with a band being announced not topping the bill and exlcsuive in some way in Europe for RAR and being on the same line as Biffy Clyro and K.I.Z in Germany then that exclusive tag going which means suddenly they can top Download. 

Wembley Arena quick or not to me says they need to do more. I won't rule it out but I'd say guaranteed after BMTH done the same gig and subbed it is not. They also subbed the FR tent at Reading, this will be only a year and a half later.

33 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Sleep Token aren't as universally loved as many of you think they are. 

12 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Sleep Token are interesting because they are anonymous and masked. Their music is nothing special.

Simple as that 🙂

I'm going with this based of knowing knowing much about them but you seemingly do haha

They've sold over 110,000 arena tickets, they're not subbing anyone at Download regardless of who loves them

We've already heard about them being offered the slot / returning from several trusted sources now, no point trying to fit them into a lower slot, either they're there headlining or they're not there

from someone that works with Iron Maiden - they are 100% NOT playing download in 2025. 

As for Sleep Token being big enough to headline download even as the smaller 3rd headliner? You don't live in the real world. They could headline slam dunk or bloodstock. It would need to be GnR and AcDc as the other two bands for them to have such a headliner. I know people are desperate to push newer bands to headline status and that the old legacy acts are dying out, but just remember this is the biggest rock/metal festival in the UK. 

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Ow, the irony

You're right, a band with 1 top 10 album and 1 top 200 single in their career probably shouldn't be headlining any UK festivals. Let them keep building an audience, give them a 2nd stage headline or even a sub to a strong support if a push but headlining a 100k festival.... LOL. 

They’ve sold around 130,000 tickets for their upcoming tour with the vast, vast majority of those being within the first 10 minutes of going on sale. 

They are the next big money maker band; Download knows it, Live Nation know it, anyone with half a brain knows it. There hasn’t been a band rise this fast in forever. They’ve already been offered to headline, we know that from more than one person. As said above, they’re either headlining or they aren’t there at all, and things seem to be pointing to the former. 

I can’t take someone seriously if they say they aren’t a headline sized band now. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’ve sold around 130,000 tickets for their upcoming tour with the vast, vast majority of those being within the first 10 minutes of going on sale. 

They are the next big money maker band; Download knows it, Live Nation know it, anyone with half a brain knows it. There hasn’t been a band rise this fast in forever. They’ve already been offered to headline, we know that from more than one person. As said above, they’re either headlining or they aren’t there at all, and things seem to be pointing to the former. 

I can’t take someone seriously if they say they aren’t a headline sized band now. 

pretty much spot on.