Download 2025

Andre91

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

younger hardcore are insanelly popular among the youth so i wouldn't count on it 

They are full download isn't a festival ploughed with youth like say Reading is. It's a festival that you could booked Maiden every year or every other and they'll lap it because metal sells best there. You can't you yourself the Premier Rock Festival and booking this lineup lol, it just works because Reading's died of it.

Edited by northernangel

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

younger hardcore are insanelly popular among the youth so i wouldn't count on it 

They aren't going to book bands that pull out at the last minute as a PR stunt again.

Edited by Spiral_Low

8 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

They aren't going to book bands that pull out at the last minute as a PR stunt again.

not those bands, but maybe Knocked Loose, Turnstile, The Plot in You, bands that are flying high in the scene

but i agree, next download should be more metal / nu metal / metalcore focused, this year clearly had a slope for punk / pop punk / hardcore

• Upvote 1

Iron Maiden is not headlining Download next year. There is no point in it. This edition showed us that even small headliners work. Iron Maiden is expensive as this year three headliners combined and honestly I saw that basically nobody has interest in seeing Maiden at Download again. They would pull a smaller crowd than this year. Just no point in booking them. 

9 minutes ago, Turbo Lover said:

Iron Maiden is not headlining Download next year. There is no point in it. This edition showed us that even small headliners work. Iron Maiden is expensive as this year three headliners combined and honestly I saw that basically nobody has interest in seeing Maiden at Download again. They would pull a smaller crowd than this year. Just no point in booking them. 

You'll end up with Parkway Drive, Sleep Token or SOAD if they want to come over and Slipknot

27 minutes ago, Turbo Lover said:

Weird take. This year's capacity is 75000. Last year was 100000 (plus they sold out day tickets so was 13000 across whole weekend). Beforehand it's normally between 80000 and 90000. So this year is actually a 25% reduction on last year. So small headliners have done ok but not as well as normal and certainly far off last year. 

Iron Maiden have a legion of fans who would turn out to see them. 

Can see it being Slipknot and Ghost plus Iron Maiden or Rammstein or NIN. I don't think Sleep Token headline this year they aren't there yet, I reckon a sub or headline second first. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

This year's capacity is 75000. Last year was 100000

And Maiden would never pull a crowd like that. I read somewhere that even copping was disappointed in the 2022 sales (I remember even Iron Maiden started to make ads for the show). Maybe "just" 60.000? Less? 

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Iron Maiden have a legion of fans who would turn out to see them. 

To my knowledge, Maiden fans are fed up with Download and Download fans are fed up with Maiden showing up every 3/4 years. 

Since their next tour is gonna be their 50th anniversary I see Maiden skipping Download to play a stadium like in 2008. 

6 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Can see it being Slipknot and Ghost plus Iron Maiden or Rammstein or NIN

I don't see Rammstein returning to a festival ever again. 

My guess is Parkway Drive, Ghost, Slipknot. 

14 minutes ago, Turbo Lover said:

And Maiden would never pull a crowd like that. I read somewhere that even copping was disappointed in the 2022 sales (I remember even Iron Maiden started to make ads for the show). Maybe "just" 60.000? Less? 

To my knowledge, Maiden fans are fed up with Download and Download fans are fed up with Maiden showing up every 3/4 years. 

Since their next tour is gonna be their 50th anniversary I see Maiden skipping Download to play a stadium like in 2008. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2022 was about 85000 overall? Which would be around the same or slightly more than this year. I wasn't there in 2002 but reports I heard was that it was Biffy who had a small crowd whereas Maiden's was normal for a headliner.

As for Rammstein, it seems like they have pretty much committed to touring every summer at the mo and I deffo think they will do fests again as a break from stadiums. They did in the past state their plan was stadiums then feats but that was pre-covid, I'm sure on updates since then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Lover said:

Probably you're not too off. 

3 hours ago, Turbo Lover said:

I think that trio is probably the closest to being correct which one mean after one year of booking something different and asking 44 different options, they would be back to 3 bands having played 6 times combined within 3 years with 2 of those bands playing 5 times within that period. 

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2022 was about 85000 overall? Which would be around the same or slightly more than this year. I wasn't there in 2002 but reports I heard was that it was Biffy who had a small crowd whereas Maiden's was normal for a headliner.

As for Rammstein, it seems like they have pretty much committed to touring every summer at the mo and I deffo think they will do fests again as a break from stadiums. They did in the past state their plan was stadiums then feats but that was pre-covid, I'm sure on updates since then.

Biffy Clyro are terrible Download headliner though, especially now.

7 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Ghost ruled out next year, Andy confirmed he asked them but they’ve opted for a tour next year instead, so maybe 26 he said.

Ah ok surprised but fair.

I'm gonna say:

Slipknot - NIN - SOAD

Subs: Korn, Deftones, Sleep Token*

Third down: Spiritbox, Amon Amarth, Lamb Of God

Second headliners: A Day To Remember*, Bad Omens, I Prevail 

*Possibly other way round

I think 2025 they go big on metal/nu-metal after the dominance of pop punk and metalcore, but still have some of the big metalcore names headlining second.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Limp Bizkit have to headline the next time they play. 

Much like KoRn, they’ve been sub/third for so long now that I don’t think it’s ever gonna happen, which is a shame because both bands consistently put on incredible shows that people come away from saying they were the best thing of the weekend. I know ‘co-headliners’ is a bit of a meaningless term when one act is on last and so is the de facto headliner, but they could really make things easier for themselves by having a co-headliner pair every once in a while - Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Deftones, Parkway Drive etc, all acts stuck as subs but who the regulars would be more than happy to see share longer slots with each other on one of the nights, and make Download’s headliner roster look a little less stale.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Limp Bizkit have to headline the next time they play. 

It's never going to happen. They had the chance to get them to headline this year and finally landed on those 3 to headline when they didn't need to. Just from my view, the second half of the FOB set was poor in the majority for Download and they booked them on a European I believe festival exclusive as it happened to be over choosing Limp Bizkit. They will also book an often repeated headliner next year.