Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

42 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

It's not impossible! I've won tickets to Glastonbury twice now. With BBC Radio each time, no Golden Ticket - which is my DREAM win! What a rush that would be. 

I just meant tickets when I mentioned 'Golden tickets'. Are there actually 'Golden tickets', and if so, what are they?

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I just meant tickets when I mentioned 'Golden tickets'. Are there actually 'Golden tickets', and if so, what are they?

It's a reference to the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory style competition.

I don't believe that it's physically golden (or at least wasn't last year), but that aside the exact same concept.

3 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2024-ticket-resale-faq/ 
We have resale details (shudders). 
Who's with me clutching at straws?*
*And cider, and chocolate, and beer....

The chances in the resale are probably higher than the competitions . That said someone’s got to win . Good luck I’m off to get some chocolate if my store has any 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The chances in the resale are probably higher than the competitions . That said someone’s got to win . Good luck I’m off to get some chocolate if my store has any 

Wonder how many times @cb4747 has succeeded in resale versus competition? 

On 4/8/2024 at 5:37 PM, angelin said:

That sounds like a plan. Honestly it drove me mad last and cost a fortune and you can’t even regift as you have to open it 😀 Can anyone remember where the winning ones where? Was it 2 in Manchester? It’s like a needle in a haystack really. It would’ve been so much better if they did done kind of treasure hunt. I still can’t remember if the last one was found last year.  I wonder if they even know where they are themselves? I’ll stick to my local one as well. They had plenty last year. 

so on my day off tomorrow I’m stocking up on cider, weak beer and overpriced chocolate is that right 😀? Hopefully I’ll find a co op somewhere in London.

I did a bit of research on the Tony's Instagram and it was 1x Manchester, 1x Glasgow, 1x Brighton, 1x Online Shop and then the last winner, who I think must not have wanted to give their location away (perhaps a particularly shy soul?) I wonder if they try and farm out the winning bars to places where they know that people are likely to buy them/there is high footfall. I imagine if you planted one in London it would be found pretty soon versus one that was, relatively, in a remote place or had a population that may not be particularly bothered about going. Always makes me laugh thinking about some old dear buying a bar and being bamboozled by winning a ticket (or even better, throwing it in the bin thinking nothing of it lol)

I bought two bars in the Oxfam Emporium in Manchester tonight - no wins for me, but did try some delicious chocolate. The dark chocolate flavour (dark choc, almond and sea salt) is very nice. I am also a complete sucker for the salted caramel one. Don't think I'll be buying many more - my waistline couldn't take it!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, incident said:

It's a reference to the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory style competition.

I don't believe that it's physically golden (or at least wasn't last year), but that aside the exact same concept.

My apologies - I'd forgotten about the chocolate one. I haven't bought any of those - yet. 

9 hours ago, glast0gal said:

I did a bit of research on the Tony's Instagram and it was 1x Manchester, 1x Glasgow, 1x Brighton, 1x Online Shop and then the last winner, who I think must not have wanted to give their location away (perhaps a particularly shy soul?) I wonder if they try and farm out the winning bars to places where they know that people are likely to buy them/there is high footfall. I imagine if you planted one in London it would be found pretty soon versus one that was, relatively, in a remote place or had a population that may not be particularly bothered about going. Always makes me laugh thinking about some old dear buying a bar and being bamboozled by winning a ticket (or even better, throwing it in the bin thinking nothing of it lol)

I bought two bars in the Oxfam Emporium in Manchester tonight - no wins for me, but did try some delicious chocolate. The dark chocolate flavour (dark choc, almond and sea salt) is very nice. I am also a complete sucker for the salted caramel one. Don't think I'll be buying many more - my waistline couldn't take it!!

My missus saw some documentary on TV about Cadbury's Creme Eggs. Some guys drives the country, sneaks into specific shops and plants the winning eggs amongst the normal ones in store. Not saying they do this but it's very likely they do choose which stores they send the winning bars to.

That’s disappointing then as those are all big places with a young population and really anyone could’ve guessed they would be there so what do you reckon this time? Leeds Bristol Liverpool and not my Burnt Oak😀😀

I saw something on TV ages ago with a similar thing and that company added to tickets while on the production line, they had no idea where they would end up as the boxing/despatch was later in the process.

54 minutes ago, angelin said:

That’s disappointing then as those are all big places with a young population and really anyone could’ve guessed they would be there so what do you reckon this time? Leeds Bristol Liverpool and not my Burnt Oak😀😀

Was thinking that Liverpool would be a good shout.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Another one but don't know if it is official. Looks like a big brand, though I've never heard of them.

https://uk.whiteclaw.com/pages/glastonbury

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

Looks like a new drinks provider it's flavoured alcohol fizzy water

They were selling them on the bar last year, been around a few years now

So far have entered the Glastonbury appeal draw- ( not successful); chilly’s; whiteclaw; chocolate x2. I actually only need 1 ticket as out of our group of 6 - 3 have dropped out, 1 hasn’t decided whether to go in re-sale but probably won’t and 1 has a volunteer slot so just me left now!! 
might buy some cider. Can’t remember if I have done hunters or Barbour!! 

13 minutes ago, sedra said:

So far have entered the Glastonbury appeal draw- ( not successful); chilly’s; whiteclaw; chocolate x2. I actually only need 1 ticket as out of our group of 6 - 3 have dropped out, 1 hasn’t decided whether to go in re-sale but probably won’t and 1 has a volunteer slot so just me left now!! 
might buy some cider. Can’t remember if I have done hunters or Barbour!! 

I've found out that 2 of our 6 aren't trying in the resale. I hang onto any story like that for hope!!

Got to buy some more cider to pour away when I'm in town tomorrow, and maybe some chocolate 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've found out that 2 of our 6 aren't trying in the resale. I hang onto any story like that for hope!!

Got to buy some more cider to pour away when I'm in town tomorrow, and maybe some chocolate 

That’s kind of handy in a way as it’s only one group of 4 you’ll need , as long as you can keep them interested as helpers . I’m 2 bars of chocolate down and 3 to try . 

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We’re in the same boat. Syndicate of 33 but down to around 6 now as most are not wanting to try for resale, a few undecided but it looks like we’ll be a small group this year. Makes it easier for the resales though 🙏🙌

I was on a day trip to Deal today it was blinking freezing. They had two big cars of chocolate and it had been selling. I bought a couple even though I doubt it would go somewhere like that, after reading the above.