Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Without being too soppy, one of the things that does help is looking at what one has gained rather than lost. I’ve really enjoyed the banter and chit chat on this thread - it’s really kept me going and it’s a more than welcome distraction. Raising a can of brothers/wedge of cheese/cup of Clipper to all the lovely souls here who remind me about why I love the festival so much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glast0gal said:

Without being too soppy, one of the things that does help is looking at what one has gained rather than lost. I’ve really enjoyed the banter and chit chat on this thread - it’s really kept me going and it’s a more than welcome distraction. Raising a can of brothers/wedge of cheese/cup of Clipper to all the lovely souls here who remind me about why I love the festival so much.

Here here! I wish we could all go 

• Like 1

Just now, glast0gal said:

I also keep trying to tell myself how lucky I have been to have attended at all, when so many try to and never make it. I know I'm very lucky, its just hard once you've been and you know what you're missing...

Chin up everyone and hope we all make it to the fields next year x

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

I keep on having real pangs of sadness about not going. Think it’s the final ‘everything coming together’ phase that’s getting to me. I’d normally be practically vibrating with excitement, buying some camping essentials (cider, berocca, ibuprofen to name but a few thing lol) and having lengthy debates in the pub with friends about our planned running order of who to see but just devastated that it’s not the case this year, especially as about half of our gang got tickets. Just quite deflated tbh.

Same 🥹🥹 

17 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I’m in this camp too. Nearly winning tickets this morning has pushed me into a really sad place today. I’ll be okay, just devastated not to be enjoying the build up with my friends! 

It's the hope that gets you. The first year we missed out on tickets in 2014 it felt like an unbearable bereavement, and going to Latitude instead was a poor substitute. Getting tickets the following year in a secret resale was joyous and made me determined to savour every moment of being there as it could be the last time.  Missed out again last year (especially galling after being screwed over by a member of our buying group), but we had tickets for Green Man, which was genuine consolation.  Having a decent other festival later in the summer really helped, and it was actually enjoyable following the threads on here of other posters who were having to watch from home. It still felt like being part of the collective experience.  Also we could familiarise ourselves with bands who were playing both Glastonbury and Green Man.

Wish you'd all got tickets, but nonetheless congrats to tea caddy winners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I also keep trying to tell myself how lucky I have been to have attended at all, when so many try to and never make it. I know I'm very lucky, its just hard once you've been and you know what you're missing...

Chin up everyone and hope we all make it to the fields next year x

This is it, 100%.

33 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I’m in this camp too. Nearly winning tickets this morning has pushed me into a really sad place today. I’ll be okay, just devastated not to be enjoying the build up with my friends! 

I doubt it'll help any, but I booked Latitude tickets when I didn't get lucky last November, and I don't feel that cut up about not going to the G. Latitude won't be anything like as good, i know, but having it in the bag as an alternative to fall back on has definitely softened the pain a lot. I would highly recommend treating yourself to something else, whether it's another festival or maybe a week away on a beach somewhere. 🙂

• Like 1

I also won a tea caddy! Had a similar heart out of chest for a moment there…

I am volunteering with Oxfam this year so will be at the festival but gutted not everyone has made it there! Been such a nice spirit on the thread 🙂 

Good karma will come back around for future ticket sales I’m sure of it!!

7 minutes ago, Scarfur1 said:

I also won a tea caddy! Had a similar heart out of chest for a moment there…

I am volunteering with Oxfam this year so will be at the festival but gutted not everyone has made it there! Been such a nice spirit on the thread 🙂 

Good karma will come back around for future ticket sales I’m sure of it!!

I am also volunteering with Oxfam! 14th Glasto, 1st time as a volunteer 

4 minutes ago, sunnyshoes said:

Have 6music done one yet? I'm pretty sure they usually give away a pair of tickets at some point too. I'll keep my ears out. 

Nope they haven’t. It was only a couple of days before the festival last year 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Have ran out of upvotes.

This competition has got to be given a last hurrah go, surely?

This one, any other BBC ones that come up (6music?, Asian Network?), and the Voter Registration one I think.

Aside from that, everything should have picked a winner by now.

Edited by incident