Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, lendan said:

didn't realise there was a Radio 2 comp, never mind. 
I got through to R1 on Monday but no call back.

I have only now accepted the fact I wont be going this year. 

Have great festival all

I hope the tickets gods are in your favour for next year! gutted you were in the same boat! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

How are we fairing up gang? I had a proper sad moment earlier when I saw all the Arcadia build up. 

Bearing up. The festival seems to have come round so quickly. I suppose because we’ve still been trying to go till the last minute. 
One good thing is I haven’t been constantly on the weather thread with my emotions going up and down like a yo-yo. 
It will all be over in 2 and a half weeks and we can start worrying about ticket day again 

Justvote draw is today, for those of us afflicted with hope. whoever wins will now by 4 today

This is from the T&C's:

6.1 One winner will be selected at random by computer software in a prize draw at 14:00 on 14 June 2024 (the “Draw Date”). The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the competition winners.

6.2 The Promotor will contact the winners personally by 16:00 on the 14th June, using the telephone number or email address provided by the Entrant.

I’ll be honest when we didn’t get tickets I looked at line up and thought it’s rubbish this year.  Being 50 odd SZA etc doesn’t interest me at all.  Problem is I’m only a few miles from the site and all the buzz etc is making me a bit depressed.  On a positive note I’m off to watch Foos on Saturday and then Suede/Manics the week after Glasto.  Chin up everyone and it will be over soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panasonic2011 said:

I’ll be honest when we didn’t get tickets I looked at line up and thought it’s rubbish this year.  Being 50 odd SZA etc doesn’t interest me at all.  Problem is I’m only a few miles from the site and all the buzz etc is making me a bit depressed.  On a positive note I’m off to watch Foos on Saturday and then Suede/Manics the week after Glasto.  Chin up everyone and it will be over soon 

We’ve got foos Thursday! Im glad as I’m proper miserable about glasto so it’ll be a nice thing to do. 

Are all the competitions declared now ?

Is all hope lost ?

I will be missing my first Glastonbury since 97 and I am gutted !

Failed in the main sale.

Failed in the re-sale.

No joy with all the volunteering.

No joy with competitions.

Time for a cringy begging letter to the Eavis is my last and only hope 😢

7 minutes ago, sinhala said:

One has to wonder how many of those letters, emails etc are received at the farm?

Which leads one to think that they must all be ignored - as I've never heard on this site that such a thing has been successful. Well, according to my own current memory.

Which leads one to think 'How could one send such a message in, to the extent that their own curiosity would get the better of them, and they decide to read such an appeal in the first place'. That would only be Base Camp 1. You would then need to draw them in and continually maintain their interest. You would then need for them to be driven to the point of salivation with desire to present you with a couple of tickets.

My word, that was a good smoke, wasn't it, he thinks to himself.

My (stoned) solution? Well that would be to send your message in one of these toy Trojan Horse's;

image.thumb.png.e677f1c53086659e59e2149788fa2bb5.png

You never know - their normal might equate to my stoned. 

I went to see Fat Boy slim on Saturday which was amazing 🪩🥳.

I have the week off work for Glastonbury anyway so I'm looking forward to that and will be watching and listening 😄.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

One has to wonder how many of those letters, emails etc are received at the farm?

Which leads one to think that they must all be ignored - as I've never heard on this site that such a thing has been successful. Well, according to my own current memory.

Which leads one to think 'How could one send such a message in, to the extent that their own curiosity would get the better of them, and they decide to read such an appeal in the first place'. That would only be Base Camp 1. You would then need to draw them in and continually maintain their interest. You would then need for them to be driven to the point of salivation with desire to present you with a couple of tickets.

My word, that was a good smoke, wasn't it, he thinks to himself.

My (stoned) solution? Well that would be to send your message in one of these toy Trojan Horse's;

image.thumb.png.e677f1c53086659e59e2149788fa2bb5.png

You never know - their normal might equate to my stoned. 

Build one big enough and we can all fit in 🤣

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sinhala said:

Are all the competitions declared now ?

Is all hope lost ?

I will be missing my first Glastonbury since 97 and I am gutted !

Failed in the main sale.

Failed in the re-sale.

No joy with all the volunteering.

No joy with competitions.

It’s sad mate I know and I feel your pain but there’s always next year.  

Has the Greenpeace comp definitely ended? I just had a call from a fund-raiser trying to sign me up to a monthly donation. She twice said "good luck with the tickets" in acknowledgement of how they got my details. Am I still in with a chance?

9 minutes ago, readyforsummer said:

I've just had the same call! I asked about the tickets and they said the draw hadnt been made yet so still a chance....

"The winner will be selected at random from all valid entrants by 5pm Monday 3rd June 2024. The winner will be notified no later than 6pm 4th June 2024 by email."

From competition terms and conditions.T&C

7 minutes ago, alanr said:

"The winner will be selected at random from all valid entrants by 5pm Monday 3rd June 2024. The winner will be notified no later than 6pm 4th June 2024 by email."

From competition terms and conditions.T&C

Who knows then! Just saying what I was told on the phone...

8 minutes ago, readyforsummer said:

Who knows then! Just saying what I was told on the phone...

Tbh I'd trust what's in the (legally binding) T&Cs infinitely more than anything said by a somewhat disconnected charity chugger.

38 minutes ago, lendan said:

not good, so i've booked a trip to Ibiza for September to try and make up for Glasto!!

you?

Did a charity marathon hike at the weekend so a broken lady still. Looking at alternative festivals too to try and cheer me up 

• Like 1