Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

I won a tea caddy too! 🥳😀 

I'm starting to admit defeat on tickets for this year 😭.

I hope everyone who's going has the BEST time! I'm sure you will 🥳.

A tea caddy for me as well! I actually desperately need one so I’m chuffed. I’ve got a Fortnum and Mason one that’s currently storing some tea bags in that I don’t really like (M&S Gold - used to like them but feel like the flavour is different? My go to is normally Yorkshire Gold if it’s on offer but I’m liking the Clipper so only right that it now has a suitable home! 🙂 )

Just now, Mand3 said:

I won a tea caddy too! 🥳😀 

I'm starting to admit defeat on tickets for this year 😭.

I hope everyone who's going has the BEST time! I'm sure you will 🥳.

I keep on having real pangs of sadness about not going. Think it’s the final ‘everything coming together’ phase that’s getting to me. I’d normally be practically vibrating with excitement, buying some camping essentials (cider, berocca, ibuprofen to name but a few thing lol) and having lengthy debates in the pub with friends about our planned running order of who to see but just devastated that it’s not the case this year, especially as about half of our gang got tickets. Just quite deflated tbh.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

I keep on having real pangs of sadness about not going. Think it’s the final ‘everything coming together’ phase that’s getting to me. I’d normally be practically vibrating with excitement, buying some camping essentials (cider, berocca, ibuprofen to name but a few thing lol) and having lengthy debates in the pub with friends about our planned running order of who to see but just devastated that it’s not the case this year, especially as about half of our gang got tickets. Just quite deflated tbh.

I’m in this camp too. Nearly winning tickets this morning has pushed me into a really sad place today. I’ll be okay, just devastated not to be enjoying the build up with my friends! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, glast0gal said:

As someone who went to 6 in a row and then missed last year while living in Glastonbury, it doesn't get better until it's over. But, it will end and you'll be sad watching the stuff that you missed but then come October you will have hope again and you get to start the journey again

Worst part last year was walking the dog on the Wednesday and seeing all the incredibly happy people driving towards site. Did not enjoy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

As someone who went to 6 in a row and then missed last year while living in Glastonbury, it doesn't get better until it's over. But, it will end and you'll be sad watching the stuff that you missed but then come October you will have hope again and you get to start the journey again

Worst part last year was walking the dog on the Wednesday and seeing all the incredibly happy people driving towards site. Did not enjoy

I missed last year too, it’s rubbish isn’t it. I bet being so close must have been awful! 

Hubby won a tea caddy too 🤣 definitely can’t have been that many entries! 

10 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

Feel exactly the same. I've even said I'm not going to watch any of it on TV, don't know if I'll stick to that in the end, but at the moment I just feel like pretending its not happening and burying my head in the sand!

I have also won a tea caddy, better than nothing I suppose 😆

3 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

My mood keeps switching from acceptance to sadness! 😂

It's crazy but a testament to how great the festival is. My other half and I were saying it's like a refresh and something that keeps us going through the year! Especially at these dark political times! 

I keep saying "come on Glastonbury let us in" 😂🤞

1 minute ago, Mand3 said:

It's crazy but a testament to how great the festival is. My other half and I were saying it's like a refresh and something that keeps us going through the year! Especially at these dark political times! 

I agree, its a complete mental reset for me. I will really miss it this year.

13 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I’m in this camp too. Nearly winning tickets this morning has pushed me into a really sad place today. I’ll be okay, just devastated not to be enjoying the build up with my friends! 

Oh I feel for you, to be so close a fair few times is a real pain in the backside. Hopefully means that luck is swaying more to your side for future sales etc?

6 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Feel exactly the same. I've even said I'm not going to watch any of it on TV, don't know if I'll stick to that in the end, but at the moment I just feel like pretending its not happening and burying my head in the sand!

I have also won a tea caddy, better than nothing I suppose 😆

This is how I feel - don’t know if I’m too bothered about watching it how I used to when I was younger in a ‘simulate the experience’ kind of way but there’s definitely a few acts where I’d be keen to see what kind of set they play/how they perform. If I don’t get tickets next year I’ve already said to my partner that we’re going to go on a walking holiday in rural Ireland. The only thing that will heal me is Guinness lol 😂