Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Has the Greenpeace comp definitely ended? I just had a call from a fund-raiser trying to sign me up to a monthly donation. She twice said "good luck with the tickets" in acknowledgement of how they got my details. Am I still in with a chance?

I had that call earlier too! The geezer I spoke to said the same, whether it's BS or not, who knows? He was a nice chap, though, so I signed up to a £10 a month DD, figured is worth helping Greenpeace prove the value of running competitions to generate sign-ups!

They must have drawn it. It is so late to let people know they have tickets though. Don't get me wrong if they called me up I would be going but would need to sort out time off work, a cat sitter, hire a people carrier, kids brought out of school last minute, sort out my tent

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2024 at 1:49 PM, sinhala said:

Are all the competitions declared now ?

Is all hope lost ?

I will be missing my first Glastonbury since 97 and I am gutted !

Failed in the main sale.

Failed in the re-sale.

No joy with all the volunteering.

No joy with competitions.

Time for a cringy begging letter to the Eavis is my last and only hope 😢

5 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

They must have drawn it. It is so late to let people know they have tickets though. Don't get me wrong if they called me up I would be going but would need to sort out time off work, a cat sitter, hire a people carrier, kids brought out of school last minute, sort out my tent

I don’t know if it’s delusional but we’ve still sorted everything as if we’re going 😳

Hi friends 👋 

Sorry not posted on the thread for a while but I’ve been checking in to see how you’re all getting on. I’m so so so sorry for those of you still without tickets. I really thought with the effort everyone has made we’d all be there.

A positive to take away is the invaluable friendship we all have. Seeing everyone sharing codes, votes and helping each other out is the true Glasto spirit. It’s heartbreaking….f**king soul destroying you all can’t be there but we’ve made friends for life in this thread and one fine day we’ll all toast a drink on the farm.

Sending love, hugs and positive vibes to you all….f**k it I’ll go as far to say I love you all and thank you for always having each others backs. Stay cool everyone and one fine day we’ll all be on the farm xxxx

• Like 3

My oncologist yesterday asked if I was going to Glastonbury this year and I didn’t cry, although I did ask him if he had any connections😀😀. I did say I’m saving myself for next year and he never said don’t bother yourself so I’ll take that.  Honestly, I wouldn’t even contemplate it if I won now. However this has been a beautiful thread and I have a good feeling we will all be lucky in October if we all pull together. Thanks so much for the thread.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

How the hell they value that at 30k … wow 

Honestly having seen the prices of the ‘vip’ packages, it would be. 15k each is pretty normal for those sorts of stuff. I know someone that’s done camp kerela (they’re minted, looked amazing but wow not that price!) 

3 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Honestly having seen the prices of the ‘vip’ packages, it would be. 15k each is pretty normal for those sorts of stuff. I know someone that’s done camp kerela (they’re minted, looked amazing but wow not that price!) 

Yeah I’m aware but the markup at profit from that must be 29k of the 30k . Raking it in 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't think tickets are included in this or, indeed, if it's genuine. But still...

https://x.com/JAC1815/status/1803673858756534596?t=toHMg71v3_k1eya6eI6nqA&s=19

According to T&Cs

• The prize winner will win 1x tent and 2x VIP ticket package for Glastonbury 2024, delivered by Camp Kerala.

Looks like it includes VIP tickets. 

It's not for me, real camping is a must for me for any festival.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Anyone got any recommendations for other festivals to consider this year? 

ERM GLASTONBURY BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE WE WILL GET YOU TO! 🍀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, angelin said:

My oncologist yesterday asked if I was going to Glastonbury this year and I didn’t cry, although I did ask him if he had any connections😀😀. I did say I’m saving myself for next year and he never said don’t bother yourself so I’ll take that.  Honestly, I wouldn’t even contemplate it if I won now. However this has been a beautiful thread and I have a good feeling we will all be lucky in October if we all pull together. Thanks so much for the thread.

Sorry I glossed over this and meant to reply, it had been lovely hasn’t it! This forum becomes a really great place even when you’re ticketless 

2 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Anyone got any recommendations for other festivals to consider this year? 

The answer to this is always "what do you like about Glastonbury?"

The problem is that there's plenty festivals that do bits of Glastonbury as well or in some cases better. But nothing else has everything.

Personally I'd say to check out Shambala and see if that interests you. It's not for everyone, and especially it's not for the "shuttle between the Main Stages chasing the lineup" crowd, but for the people who could happily spend all festival south of the railway track then it's a lovely festival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alanr said:

It's not for me, real camping is a must for me for any festival.

I'm happy enough camping with the riff raff but I wouldn't be turning it down if i won 😆 Is it legit? Is anyone going to enter? I am tempted..