2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

14 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

See if Bicep are back touring next year, one of them has been in the news today recovering from a brain tumour he found last year. Sounded like he played through it last year

It was only discovered late 2023 i think it said

---

Still think Justice are a mad shout for R&L they have literally zero appeal to the core audience

Really can't see Chase & Status in the tent either - far too big

See Eminem being the main headliner next year with the new music popping off and would draw lots of crowd in. As for other headliners I’m honestly unsure at this time. It’s 2024 week though and as always looking forward to the chaos! 

2 hours ago, NationClub said:

See Eminem being the main headliner next year with the new music popping off and would draw lots of crowd in. As for other headliners I’m honestly unsure at this time. It’s 2024 week though and as always looking forward to the chaos! 

Is his new music popping off? Just opened spotify and didn't even realise he had an album out last month haha

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is his new music popping off? Just opened spotify and didn't even realise he had an album out last month haha

I’ve seen overwhelmingly mixed to negative responses to his album from everywhere I’ve looked. 

3 hours ago, NationClub said:

Been saying this for a while, think he's a serious contender for next year 

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve seen overwhelmingly mixed to negative responses to his album from everywhere I’ve looked. 

they'd book him anyway tbf

Hi all, hoping for some help.

i’m doing a day at Leeds on Saturday, being dropped off and noticed they are back to having a proper drop off/pick up area - last time I went in 2019 this area was in Leeds City Centre and they tried to bus you in and out!

Anyway, looks like the area is A64 off York Road but that puts it around a 2 mile walk (4 miles round) from the main stage area. Seems excessive and not great for people who arnt good on their feet. Just want to make sure I’m reading this right.

thanks all

2 hours ago, ipr44 said:

Hi all, hoping for some help.

i’m doing a day at Leeds on Saturday, being dropped off and noticed they are back to having a proper drop off/pick up area - last time I went in 2019 this area was in Leeds City Centre and they tried to bus you in and out!

Anyway, looks like the area is A64 off York Road but that puts it around a 2 mile walk (4 miles round) from the main stage area. Seems excessive and not great for people who arnt good on their feet. Just want to make sure I’m reading this right.

thanks all

Yeah that’s right - you’ll be looking at about a 30 minute walk at a normal pace from drop off area to the front of the main stage. 

19 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

Yeah that’s right - you’ll be looking at about a 30 minute walk at a normal pace from drop off area to the front of the main stage. 

Thanks. I suspect longer, went to download in June and the walk from drop off to main stage was ridiculous - and I like walking!

Any idea how manic the drop off/pick up point has been in recent years? My GF is already on a short fuse having agreed to do it 😂

Edited by ipr44

1 minute ago, Steve G said:

What are the chances of Sleep Token? Sold out a massive tour for later this year and will probably have a new album out this year. 

Wouldn't rule out Bring Me The Horizon either 

I think Sleep Token will be at Download next year. BMTH would be great but I can see them taking 2025 off touring as it’s been pretty non stop since 2021.

7 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I think Sleep Token will be at Download next year. BMTH would be great but I can see them taking 2025 off touring as it’s been pretty non stop since 2021.

I'm not convinced they'll be at Download yet. There was a rumour that they weren't happy on what Andy Copping  was willing to pay them. it's a double pay day at R/L and they get to perform in the dark as well.  

I know BMTH haven't really stopped touring for a couple of years but they've got the new album out now. Can see them either doing R/L or try out a couple of stadium shows. 

Edited by Steve G

8 minutes ago, Steve G said:

I'm not convinced they'll be at Download yet. There was a rumour that they weren't happy on what Andy Copping  was willing to pay them. it's a double pay day at R/L and they get to perform in the dark as well.  

I genuinely think Sleep Token would go down like a lead balloon if they headlined R&L. Sure, they’ve sold a decent tour, but compared to BMTH they are no where near as established with the R&L crowd and I just don’t think they have the hits for it (as good as some of their songs are).

Sleep Token are definitely not headlining R&L

Radio 1 stage maybe lol

When you said play in the dark assumed you meant a tented secret set honestly

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I genuinely think Sleep Token would go down like a lead balloon if they headlined R&L. Sure, they’ve sold a decent tour, but compared to BMTH they are no where near as established with the R&L crowd and I just don’t think they have the hits for it (as good as some of their songs are).

I wouldn't have them as the main stage headliner but how about the 2nd headliner stage if they went up against an established pop or indie artist? I reckon they'd do well with day tickets especially if this tour get's well recieved then get announced with a headline slot and details on a new album. 

4 minutes ago, Steve G said:

I wouldn't have them as the main stage headliner but how about the 2nd headliner stage if they went up against an established pop or indie artist? I reckon they'd do well with day tickets especially if this tour get's well recieved then get announced with a headline slot and details on a new album. 

Problem is now they’ve changed the format it’d be 3rd stage as (and we can only assume) Chevron is for dance acts. As @gfa said you’d maybe get away with them as R1 headliner but it’s whether or not Sleep Token would want to do that over say Download or Bloodstock. I’m also not entirely sure on the booking policy for the Radio 1 tent as in are they Radio 1 enough of a band?

Sleep Token aren’t headlining R&L. They’ aren’t a metal band for pop fans; they are a pop-tinged band for metal fans. People who listen to Radio 1 aren’t interested in 6 minute long songs with djent riffs, jazz breaks and screamed vocals. Sleep Token fans are more interested in Architects and Spiritbox than Chappell Roan and Sabrina Carpenter.

I’ve heard the getting low-balled DL rumour but that doesn’t mean they won’t be there; it could have been an initial offer etc. I think they will headline DL 2025 for sure, personally. If they are successful and keep the hype behind them, they’ll become a band like Avenged who just headline DL and nowhere else in the UK every few years. 

BMTH would be great but I have an inkling that they’re going to do their own big, outdoor festival similar to the NeX Fest or whatever it’s been called in Asia. Somewhere like Finsbury Park or (preferably) something a bit closer to home in South Yorkshire (Hillsborough Park would be perfect). I should think they’ll be on the scene in some way next summer to support the latest record. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Problem is now they’ve changed the format it’d be 3rd stage as (and we can only assume) Chevron is for dance acts. As @gfa said you’d maybe get away with them as R1 headliner but it’s whether or not Sleep Token would want to do that over say Download or Bloodstock. I’m also not entirely sure on the booking policy for the Radio 1 tent as in are they Radio 1 enough of a band?

Not sure this kind of thing matters too much for the R1 tent.

If Chevron is dance only they need to put these kind of acts somewhere!

5 minutes ago, tomarchbold said:

how likely is tyler the creator? seen his name in a few predictions and wanna see him a lot

Impossible to say this fa rout - his names been thrown around for years and he's still not done it.

He's not done a uk show for a while so probably a chance (if he's touring - he only has austin city limits at present as a show in the us)

Edited by gfa

So I wasn't 100% sure of Foo Fighters being active next year, and initial rumours were that Grohl was looking at side projects (Them Crooked Vultures being one) but it is fair to note next year is 30 years since the first FF album came out, and they weren't able to do big anniversary celebrations as planned in 2020 for the 25th anniversary, so maybe there could be something in them being active after all.

Only going off their Reddit but at their last show of their USA Tour in Seattle Grohl said "We might have to celebrate that. Seems appropriate" when musing out loud about marking 30 years since LP1.

20 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So I wasn't 100% sure of Foo Fighters being active next year, and initial rumours were that Grohl was looking at side projects (Them Crooked Vultures being one) but it is fair to note next year is 30 years since the first FF album came out, and they weren't able to do big anniversary celebrations as planned in 2020 for the 25th anniversary, so maybe there could be something in them being active after all.

Only going off their Reddit but at their last show of their USA Tour in Seattle Grohl said "We might have to celebrate that. Seems appropriate" when musing out loud about marking 30 years since LP1.

Would imagine R&L and Glastonbury will be fighting over them